SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

"
pedrofell wrote:
Just hit lvl 60 right now on bloodlines, i didnt do much to upgrade my gear until now and its pretty good so far...the only thing i bought was a cloak of flame for 1 chaos that had mid roll fire resist(41%) and the gmp that my friend gave me. The main problem i am having is mana, but thats because i dont have mana regen on anything.

I just have one question, why do you use purity of lightning and purity of fire regardless of the chest u have? I was thinking of using just the one that i have which if cloak of flame, so i would use purity of fire and then get another solid aura, like haste or grace, i dont know.

Another aura is perfectly fine and obtainable, I much prefer the extra 6% lightning resistance which translates into 24% less lightning damage taken. The extra base resistances that it gives makes getting the mana regen on gear that you are struggling to find far easier since mana regen is a suffix, resists are suffixes also.

Grace works better if you rearrange the tree and pick up the Revenge of the Hunted eva/life cluster. 70% evasion w/ grace is strong since you gain 3k evasion from the aura after bonuses. That's about 6k evasion when you factor in Dex without anything on gear, so it works.

AA/Dodge/Cloak is insane attack mitigation as it is btw, I reached top 30 EU 1v1 open PvP with this build. I counter all melee builds essentially, and swap out to Arc/Flameblast when they run Tempest Shield. 140k+ Incinerate w/ chaos damage melts anything.

Good luck getting mana regen anyway, it is important that you get it and run AA if you can.

"
Darion88 wrote:
Im 55 with 2600 life in bloodlines.

Im worried about when to take acrobatics, cloak of flames and AA? Can you explain a bit about that?

Because right now im running 1100 armor and is very low for merciless. i have 2 passive point i took al life possible and i have access to acrobatics.
im thinking in getting 2 more and all acrobatics nodes, but i know my armor is going to lower a lot and a hard hit could kill me.
I know i have to get cloak of flames and AA, to avoid that but my mana regen cant handle AA.

So how do you do the transition?

If you have all the life nodes up until the shadow area you should be doing fine, honestly. I don't know what gear you have, so I can't make a decent judgement on your life values. The gear section of the guide is what you need to look for on every piece individually, give that a look and slowly swap out each piece when possible.

When I passed level 55 in Bloodlines I had 2700 life unreserved w/ clarity on bloodmagic iirc. 2600 life is pretty high for act 1 merc, grabbing Acro would make it so that you can walk all the way through until maps as long as you have capped resistances. If your resists are even slightly below 75% I would farm cruel docks. Merc Twilight strand is a good place to look for gear, rush all magic/rare packs and kill Hillock until loot drops.

Armour is not what you need, if you are worried about physical damage then get mana regeneration. Arctic Armour + Cloak is how physical is tanked, Acro makes tanking these hits more efficient.

If everything you have said so far is true, you should have no problems heading directly to Acro in the next few levels. Don't touch the Shadow's damage nodes until level 75+ unless you are a manly man.

good luck
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 25, 2014, 3:53:35 AM
With the help of a level 12 AA plus COF, it really does improves alot of survival. currently level 67,
4.3k health and 1.8k tooltip dps, love this build, please continue to update this more often with new stuffs :D

My gear
Spoiler

Chest and Helm was bought, the rest all self found. I love the 2 coral rings that i found XD, suits this build extremely well!

Kudos to you!

P.S a small question, will internal mantle work well with this build?
Last edited by AgentTrack on Dec 25, 2014, 12:31:32 AM
"
AgentTrack wrote:
Kudos to you!

Thanks man

Unfortunately this build doesn't take full advantage of the Infernal Mantle's bonuses, so it is not worth using. +1 fire gems only benefits Incinerate as this is the only fire gem in the chest piece, other fire support gems do not work well at all. 25% chaos damage conversion does nothing for us against reflect since AA fully absorbs fire damage. If reflect gets out of hand late game, which it can even at 46 dodge/81 resists/AA, then you trade Added Lightning and Cold out for Added Chaos Damage and Faster Projectiles.

If the mantle gave +1 to all gems then I would be interested, right now 30% fire damage is fairly useless since 2/3 of the dps is not fire. Getting 36%+ unreserved mana uses up about 4 extra points which is unnecessary and ca be put into more damage without the chest piece.
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
AgentTrack wrote:
Kudos to you!

Thanks man

Unfortunately this build doesn't take full advantage of the Infernal Mantle's bonuses, so it is not worth using. +1 fire gems only benefits Incinerate as this is the only fire gem in the chest piece, other fire support gems do not work well at all. 25% chaos damage conversion does nothing for us against reflect since AA fully absorbs fire damage. If reflect gets out of hand late game, which it can even at 46 dodge/81 resists/AA, then you trade Added Lightning and Cold out for Added Chaos Damage and Faster Projectiles.

If the mantle gave +1 to all gems then I would be interested, right now 30% fire damage is fairly useless since 2/3 of the dps is not fire. Getting 36%+ unreserved mana uses up about 4 extra points which is unnecessary and ca be put into more damage without the chest piece.

Alright thanks for the info. :D
First of all, I just wanted to say thanks for the build. I've been running it with great success in the league so far. I've noticed a few of you are starting to run Cloak of Flame, and I was wondering if I should switch it out for my chest below, or just stick with it. Does it make a major difference for dps and survivability? I've linked my current gear below.

Spoiler

Saffell's has brought my resistances to 81/79/81, so I'm not really having any trouble on that end. I still take some pretty big physical hits when I can't dodge, but the massive amounts of health in the build help with that.
I picked up an unset ring to run another curse and was wondering if Warlord's Mark or Enfeeble would be better. I'm really leaning towards Warlord's Mark since this build doesn't have any leech component until Doryani's and Catarina crafting starts coming around. Just wondered what your opinions were, I'm going to be testing Warlord's mark out in the mean time. I'm hoping to eventually either pick up a pair of Windscreams or corrupt an amulet for +1 Additional Curses so I can dual curse.

Gear at level 71 with 3.6K HP with clarity reserved on life, 1.6K tooltip DPS
Spoiler
Last edited by simpleMystery on Dec 25, 2014, 3:41:47 PM
"
simpleMystery wrote:
I picked up an unset ring to run another curse and was wondering if Warlord's Mark or Enfeeble would be better. I'm really leaning towards Warlord's Mark since this build doesn't have any leech component until Doryani's and Catarina crafting starts coming around. Just wondered what your opinions were, I'm going to be testing Warlord's mark out in the mean time. I'm hoping to eventually either pick up a pair of Windscreams or corrupt an amulet for +1 Additional Curses so I can dual curse.

Spoiler

level 1 cwdt + warlords mark

This will act as almost permanent leech, you only ever need to leech after you take damage.

Even without leech, 4% life regeneration + 186% increased life is more than enough to sustain yourself.

If you feel like you are struggling without leech, go ahead and change to something that suits you better. A lot of people forget the value of high life regen with mana based builds.
Very interested in this build. I haven't played since Nemesis so I will follow this build exactly. Will post periodic updates to let ya know how I'm doing. I plan on leveling with lightning tendrils as stated in the build.

Cheers!
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
pedrofell wrote:
Just hit lvl 60 right now on bloodlines, i didnt do much to upgrade my gear until now and its pretty good so far...the only thing i bought was a cloak of flame for 1 chaos that had mid roll fire resist(41%) and the gmp that my friend gave me. The main problem i am having is mana, but thats because i dont have mana regen on anything.

I just have one question, why do you use purity of lightning and purity of fire regardless of the chest u have? I was thinking of using just the one that i have which if cloak of flame, so i would use purity of fire and then get another solid aura, like haste or grace, i dont know.

Another aura is perfectly fine and obtainable, I much prefer the extra 6% lightning resistance which translates into 24% less lightning damage taken. The extra base resistances that it gives makes getting the mana regen on gear that you are struggling to find far easier since mana regen is a suffix, resists are suffixes also.

Grace works better if you rearrange the tree and pick up the Revenge of the Hunted eva/life cluster. 70% evasion w/ grace is strong since you gain 3k evasion from the aura after bonuses. That's about 6k evasion when you factor in Dex without anything on gear, so it works.

AA/Dodge/Cloak is insane attack mitigation as it is btw, I reached top 30 EU 1v1 open PvP with this build. I counter all melee builds essentially, and swap out to Arc/Flameblast when they run Tempest Shield. 140k+ Incinerate w/ chaos damage melts anything.

Good luck getting mana regen anyway, it is important that you get it and run AA if you can.

"
Darion88 wrote:
Im 55 with 2600 life in bloodlines.

Im worried about when to take acrobatics, cloak of flames and AA? Can you explain a bit about that?

Because right now im running 1100 armor and is very low for merciless. i have 2 passive point i took al life possible and i have access to acrobatics.
im thinking in getting 2 more and all acrobatics nodes, but i know my armor is going to lower a lot and a hard hit could kill me.
I know i have to get cloak of flames and AA, to avoid that but my mana regen cant handle AA.

So how do you do the transition?

If you have all the life nodes up until the shadow area you should be doing fine, honestly. I don't know what gear you have, so I can't make a decent judgement on your life values. The gear section of the guide is what you need to look for on every piece individually, give that a look and slowly swap out each piece when possible.

When I passed level 55 in Bloodlines I had 2700 life unreserved w/ clarity on bloodmagic iirc. 2600 life is pretty high for act 1 merc, grabbing Acro would make it so that you can walk all the way through until maps as long as you have capped resistances. If your resists are even slightly below 75% I would farm cruel docks. Merc Twilight strand is a good place to look for gear, rush all magic/rare packs and kill Hillock until loot drops.

Armour is not what you need, if you are worried about physical damage then get mana regeneration. Arctic Armour + Cloak is how physical is tanked, Acro makes tanking these hits more efficient.

If everything you have said so far is true, you should have no problems heading directly to Acro in the next few levels. Don't touch the Shadow's damage nodes until level 75+ unless you are a manly man.

good luck

Thx, just hit lvl 71, i am running AA lvl 9, because my mana regen isn't quite good yet and with 3700 life unreserved, and only running PoF, cause i dont have charisma yet as i prefered to go up a little to get the life clusters close to the shadow. Currently doing 1700 dps on incinerate and everything melts already. Now i am trying to get a quality incinerate.
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
simpleMystery wrote:

Spoiler

level 1 cwdt + warlords mark

This will act as almost permanent leech, you only ever need to leech after you take damage.

Even without leech, 4% life regeneration + 186% increased life is more than enough to sustain yourself.

If you feel like you are struggling without leech, go ahead and change to something that suits you better. A lot of people forget the value of high life regen with mana based builds.

I'd try the CWDT setup but all my gem slots are filled, and the only time I'd see myself using it would be vs. tough bosses/uniques that I might not kill before using all my flask charges. It also would probably help against reflect rares when my damage starts ramping up. In any case, none of those uses require a CWDT. I might try replacing inc. duration with warlords mark though.

I'm sustaining well enough without leech, its just that I feel like I might run into situations where I don't kill something before using all my flasks, which is where leech would be really useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info