SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

Just died with this build in bloodlines at level 66, can say that it was really strong, did a lot damage all the way from level 19 to when I died. I died opening a strongbox cause I didn't know smoke mine required line of sight, but I had close to 4K HP and 1.4K GMP tooltip on a four link.

Honestly I think I'm gonna reroll as this again cause I love incinerate as a skill and it was a fun ride the first time.

On topic, would you use a Cloak of Flame before you can even run a decent level AA or would a good rare chest be better?
Last edited by simpleMystery on Dec 19, 2014, 9:43:30 PM
"
simpleMystery wrote:
Just died with this build in bloodlines at level 66, can say that it was really strong, did a lot damage all the way from level 19 to when I died. I died opening a strongbox cause I didn't know smoke mine required line of sight, but I had close to 4K HP and 1.4K GMP tooltip on a four link.

Honestly I think I'm gonna reroll as this again cause I love incinerate as a skill and it was a fun ride the first time.

On topic, would you use a Cloak of Flame before you can even run a decent level AA or would a good rare chest be better?

It sucks that you died, I just rolled my third character at level 68 right now in BL

Cloak is better than a rare chest always, as long as resists are capped. AA synergises very well, but not necessary at all.

I'll post my gear, it's what I'm using right now and has lasted since level 40-ish. Starting to map now. All resistances are over capped by 80% with Purity up. Pretty nuts. I just need more life/regen rolls.

IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 20, 2014, 7:52:45 AM
"
I died with all the maps.

- Cybrix, HC league.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 22, 2014, 12:16:11 AM
Love this build up till now, i roll this build in torment league and its now level 60, mobility and dps wise is insane and it melts monster packs within seconds.

BUT

Surviving the damage done to me by the monster packs are not that easily, now with 3k health and 2.4k after clarity, monster such as tentacle miscreation just melts through my life pool as im having very low armor and evasion due to acrobatics. Any solutions?
"
AgentTrack wrote:
Love this build up till now, i roll this build in torment league and its now level 60, mobility and dps wise is insane and it melts monster packs within seconds.

BUT

Surviving the damage done to me by the monster packs are not that easily, now with 3k health and 2.4k after clarity, monster such as tentacle miscreation just melts through my life pool as im having very low armor and evasion due to acrobatics. Any solutions?

Pick up life on the skill tree before any of the damage nodes in the shadow area. After you exit the Templar's zone you should be taking all of the life nodes possible on the way to Acro. I would only invest into Acrobatics after you have taken 140% increased life, or all life nodes except the shadow's two clusters of life.

Take life before Acro, take Acro before Aura nodes. Damage/proj speed is last.

Life on gear is extremely important too, more so than spell damage on your shield. Take a look at my level 60 gear above or my ripped level 76 gear in the main post. That should give you an idea of what to aim for.

I'm glad to hear you tried the build out. :)

Also, remember that Arctic Armour scales extremely well with Cloak of Flame even at low levels. After you have the basic life rolls on your gear, start shooting for mana regen and aura effectiveness nodes. Running a level 10 AA with Inner Force and cloak makes a huge difference.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 22, 2014, 1:50:40 PM
currently lvl 66 at Torment
main issue is very low life pool (2,8k) and jumping mobs who are stunlocking me

this is mainly because i just started and this is first toon in torment and i did not want to invest to the leveling gear and my masters are low lvl too.

but ill start now to pimp my gear

just for clarification you should mentioned in you tooltip section that the 46 spell dodge is with the Atziri's Step.
"
Kalevipoeg wrote:

just for clarification you should mentioned in you tooltip section that the 46 spell dodge is with the Atziri's Step.

It is shown in my gear that the 46% is with Atziri's Step and it is explained later on in the guide.

The list of stats are my characters stats, the gear shown reflects this.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 22, 2014, 3:20:43 PM
"
AgentTrack wrote:

BUT

Acrobatics cuts Armor and Energy Shield by 50%, not Evasion. So EV/Armor or EV/ES gear should be better to get as main stats than straight Armor or ES items. I've had some melee rares and bosses swinging away while I hard cast and they've missed every hit. I'm lvl 66/self-found Torment (bought just 4L Cloak & amulet) and about 3.4k HP, which as SR said is important since Life is your main mitigation. My issue atm is mana/regen since I'm running 2 Purities, 2 Heralds, lvl 9 AA, Blood Magic, Ele Weakness with 3 Red Mana gems + Clarity - but still using Tendrils until I get Echo from The Library quest or drop. May run AA at lower level until mana improves, but generally this is a very good build so far.

Last edited by Arthikas on Dec 23, 2014, 4:22:04 PM
Just hit lvl 60 right now on bloodlines, i didnt do much to upgrade my gear until now and its pretty good so far...the only thing i bought was a cloak of flame for 1 chaos that had mid roll fire resist(41%) and the gmp that my friend gave me. The main problem i am having is mana, but thats because i dont have mana regen on anything.

I just have one question, why do you use purity of lightning and purity of fire regardless of the chest u have? I was thinking of using just the one that i have which if cloak of flame, so i would use purity of fire and then get another solid aura, like haste or grace, i dont know.
Im 55 with 2600 life in bloodlines.

Im worried about when to take acrobatics, cloak of flames and AA? Can you explain a bit about that?

Because right now im running 1100 armor and is very low for merciless. i have 2 passive point i took al life possible and i have access to acrobatics.
im thinking in getting 2 more and all acrobatics nodes, but i know my armor is going to lower a lot and a hard hit could kill me.
I know i have to get cloak of flames and AA, to avoid that but my mana regen cant handle AA.

So how do you do the transition?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info