SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

"
inlov wrote:
why Entropy + Holy fire node?

ignite from incinerate calculate by fire damage right? not all damage.

6 points for them is worth?

ps: i'm still a noob inspite of i want to share my opinion :)

You seem to be misunderstanding the way ignite works and why the Cloak of Flame chest is useful to a build such as this.

Ignite lasts 4 seconds regardless of the damage dealt. As long as we can ignite once every 4 seconds then you will always have the +30% damage benefit from the Celestial Punishment node. Incinerate will have 10% chance to ignite/freeze/shock innately from the passive tree alone, so you do not need to go out of your way to grab extra %chance to cause status ailments.

The ignite is not used for it's burning damage, but rather it's status effect which triggers Celestial Punishment.

Cloak of Flame is used because it converts 20% of Physical damage take into Fire damage. Our high fire resistance can now mitigate some of the Physical Damage we take, making us more resistant to Physical hits. The chest is not used for it's 10% chance to ignite, it is an unnecessary bonus. It basically functions as a weaker Lightning Coil in this build, converting 20% less and gives less bonus life. The advantage over the Lightning Coil is it's ability to roll Blue Sockets and bypass the -60% resistances. For that reason the chest is used.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 9, 2014, 3:52:42 AM
my bad ...

i post wrong topic lol

ty anw :)
I look forward to this build and leveling guide. I always wanted to try incinerate, but never got to it.
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
hellzer wrote:
Can't check the passive tree. The offline builder stopped working out of nowhere.

EDIT: Your link doesn't work at all. Make a screenshot.

okay, I'll do that for you. I can copy/paste the tree stats to help too. Thanks for telling me.

Edit: Done.

Hello i really am looking forward to trying this in the new Hc league, but im having problem seein the passiv skill tree? whenever im pasting it enywhere is give me like 30-40 points in the ranger tree, could you please updtae the link or send me one :) thnx alot !
"
tenashi wrote:
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
hellzer wrote:
Can't check the passive tree. The offline builder stopped working out of nowhere.

EDIT: Your link doesn't work at all. Make a screenshot.

okay, I'll do that for you. I can copy/paste the tree stats to help too. Thanks for telling me.

Edit: Done.

Hello i really am looking forward to trying this in the new Hc league, but im having problem seein the passiv skill tree? whenever im pasting it enywhere is give me like 30-40 points in the ranger tree, could you please updtae the link or send me one :) thnx alot !

I must have made a mistake when I changed the link to the updated pre-1.3.0 tree. It should be working now, and I included a screen cap underneath it in-case it happens again.
Hey,

This build looks amazing. I will give it a try on the next softcore league.
What skills do you suggest for leveling ?

Thank you
"
buble wrote:
Hey,

This build looks amazing. I will give it a try on the next softcore league.
What skills do you suggest for leveling ?

Thank you

I'm not going to make the build a guide until a few days into Bloodlines, when the character is made.

If you are in the SC league then level with anything that you like playing with. If you like arc, do that.

Flameblast works well for leveling, so does Searing bond. Just rush content and farm zones until level 70, then map. Use more caution if you play Bloodlines.
Hi,

I'm currently using your build and made it to level 66 on Torment. I would like to ask some questions:

1. AddC is added cold or added chaos?

2. What do you think about Faster Projectiles gem?

3. Is there any alternatives to CoF?

4. Can you give me a support gem priority? I currently do: Incinerate->GMP->Spell Echo->Faster Projectiles

5. Is there any alternative route to ranger area to be more tanky?

6. Should we max all gems?

Thanks
IGN: Aristona
"
aristona37 wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently using your build and made it to level 66 on Torment. I would like to ask some questions:

1. AddC is added cold or added chaos?

2. What do you think about Faster Projectiles gem?

3. Is there any alternatives to CoF?

4. Can you give me a support gem priority? I currently do: Incinerate->GMP->Spell Echo->Faster Projectiles

5. Is there any alternative route to ranger area to be more tanky?

6. Should we max all gems?

Thanks

Added Cold damage is what I mean by AddC, sorry for the confusion.

Faster Projectiles can be swapped out for Added Cold, but you freeze mobs a lot less often due to the lower damage. Once you are hitting 90k+ dps you can do what you want, but the ice explosions are massive with all of the elemental scaling in the tree. If you have a Doriyani's Catalyst or a decent Scepter late-game, then honestly I would stick with the Cold gem. It's preference, and a totally fine substitution.

Cloak of Flame is incredibly good now that Lightning Coil got a nerf. If you are playing self-found (like me) then any rare chest will work. Just acquire life/resists and evasion, making sure you can still roll BBBGG for a 5-link. Faster Casting is the last gem after Added Cold. Remember this build uses Acrobatics so Armour/ES is cut in half, but the dodge you gain from it is very powerful for mitigating physical damage.

You can take the path underneath the Scion to grab +50% Evasion and 24% Ar/Eva, ignoring the ES and two INT nodes if you want better evasion scaling. Going into the Ranger's area isn't worth it at all imo when you already have access to 186% life @ level 71. Taking the Shadow's starting nodes are both more efficient for HP, provide better damage and offer +10% proj speed. Again, there is nothing stopping you altering the build to suit you - but I would not touch the Ranger's nodes until after level 89.

Max everything. Arctic armour is the only exception if you are able to handle it. Most likely you won't even bother because regen is such a premium for casting Incinerate, part of the reason why you should only use Faster Casting in a 6-link and not take Cast Speed nodes on the tree.

I hope that helped :)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 14, 2014, 5:16:45 AM
Thanks for the reply. This is my current setup:

My gear is crappy, but I deal so much dps (note that I had to start my incinerate from level 1 at level 60) that mob packs basically melt. Bosses are good too. Dunes boss dies before he can switch to it's second form.

I'm looking for a second offhand wand with 40+ projectile speed/50 spell damage right now. Mobs dying offscreen is becoming a problem.

The only problem I face is being squishy. I have 3k hp (350 reserved with blood magic for clarity) Sometimes I get instagibbed, sometimes I die to Corrupting Blood mod, but overall I'm pretty happy. My current skill tree has everything (I didn't enter duelist section yet, sorry I misspelled it as ranger on my older message) but seems like the damage I get from those area is doesn't worth it at all. I need to get 80 and it will be way better.

Should I run a Grace instead of PoF? I currently have 100 armor and 500 eva. If I can't dodge things, I die alot.
IGN: Aristona
Last edited by aristona37 on Dec 14, 2014, 12:41:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info