SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

@aristona37

The great thing about Incinerate is that you don't need to invest much into damage to get high dps. 3k HP is really low, especially since there is so much health nearby on the skill tree. I'm in the process of writing the guide and making a leveling section for it.

In your case, it seems like a combination of skipping life nodes and lack of life on gear. Life is especially important for leveling since there isn't much else you can do to mitigate damage yet. Acrobatics should make you substantially more resistant to all types of damage compared to other builds at this level, since it is rare that you actually achieve decent mitigation early on.

Bleed flasks almost go without saying with Incinerate/Tendrils builds, but it is worth mentioning since corrupted blood does a lot of damage to low armour/no cloak of flame builds.

My advice is get a shield with Spell Damage and life, you can even master-craft the life roll and it will be an improvement over the Omen Wand you have. Your amulet is only offering you cold resistance, which can be swapped out for life/mana regen. Geofri's is useful for damage but you are already sacrificing life on your chest piece as it is. Life will help you a tonne and resistances should cap easily with two high level purity auras.

The Grace aura option might not be worth it if you need the resistances. Having life on all pieces will improve your situation much more imo. It's a SC league, so damage first isn't the worst thing but leveling is smoother with this build if you grab 150%+ life before aura/ele nodes I have found.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Sloppy Atziri Video uploaded. Only had one Sacrifice Set so it was done in one take. I'll re-upload a better video that speed kills all three bosses.
Whilst I'm not as tanky as I was pre-1.3 due to the block nerf Acrobatics does a good job of closing the gap, mostly though I just kill things twice as fast, shit is nuts.
I like your build, but here's my own take on it.

I will run RF. I will have insane damage because of this. I will run EB with some reduced mana nodes, and I will run Cloak of Defiance. Because of this, I can run AA. AA+Dodge=Stupid good defense.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-vbKIATP_hcwSzPC2aO8BmxPbGru08gpsn7bc-HKfVpuw4GS4GDkGH_goMXycv1I_ZYdR8-ejYvVOlkFVnm62NCfaCx2h0NZIaOORRz34o-gx92mLAGlBH6-6UoGaecYXvDprg-tJ65vMRFCBFnRcvHRQWb2P9sUJfP1NSJLCPRuNqRtf2SEKjm6HEWICk99esmHRVEQ86WF8qTC1VxhSwgh6IQtsLwcXsGI_6cLvQ0NkTRwYvb9vntMVirMLsnapsjAW11CMwcd2oS3g6Qg==

And before you ask, yes. The fact I'll have 50% buff to Auras means I can run Righteous Fire with no degen due to the fact a level 20 Purity of Fire will give me 6% Max Fire. Add 1% from tree and 8% from Rise of the Phoenix and that puts you at 90% Fire Res. The 9.8% Life regen from the tree means no damage taken from RF.

Then you have a stupid tanky character with stupid dps and more life.

Anyway, I don't see any holes, but I totally may have missed them. Tear it apart, etc. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Dec 15, 2014, 12:06:06 PM
@NavarreElder

I took some time to work out what the dps values are for your Incinerate using the values on your tree, a 100+10 ele/cast speed weapon, 25 spell damage amulet, 20/20 gems and Two level 20 Heralds.

CBA to type out the method but your approximate ceiling dps is 160k with a 20/20 RF (enhance linked for spell dmg).

You are trading out maximum life, Purity of Lightning and a spell damage shield for your build idea.

You gain ~10k or so more dps than I am capable of maximum. You gain EB, which won't be scaled well using RotP. This means you must either use an ES/Life chest so that you can use Arctic Armour at a decent level or stay with Cloak of Flame. MoM is not going to be effective due to a very low mana pool, Acrobatics, no mana% nodes and no ES shield.

Overall, I see a small damage improvement for considerably less life. Your life pool could break even with my version of the build if you reserve Clarity on mana and not life which is another reason not to go MoM. Your arctic armour reliance is not very strong because the build will roughly be limited to a below level 20 AA gem since the mana is fairly low and most likely you can't make use of the MoM chest's extra regen.

Look at Etup's Acro EB Arcer for example, he takes both EB/Acro and makes up for it with ES stacking and mana nodes. The RF idea limits this heavily and I predict this will either not work or become insanely gear reliant to function.

What use is MoM/AA/Acro if your mana/life pool suffers?

Go through and work out exactly what your likely mana regen is going to be with obtainable gear, this is often overlooked when people create build ideas.

My opinion is that this build introduces unnecessary reliance on unique items, spends far too many points to obtain Acrobatics and cannot sustain AA past level 16 without a very well rolled ES chest.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 15, 2014, 2:10:47 PM
This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thank you very much for posting your thoughts.

Once I have had a chance to actually run the build, I will reply with my results and see how well they match up with your predictions.

I look forward to further discussion!

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify in case it wasn't obvious that I wasn't trying to suggest my build is superior to yours. Yours helped inspire it, I just moved in a different direction. It is entirely possible that my idea will end up being inferior to yours. I just wanted to post it to help stimulate thought in others as you did so well in me. :)
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Dec 15, 2014, 8:34:25 PM
"
This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thank you very much for posting your thoughts.

Once I have had a chance to actually run the build, I will reply with my results and see how well they match up with your predictions.

I look forward to further discussion!

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify in case it wasn't obvious that I wasn't trying to suggest my build is superior to yours. Yours helped inspire it, I just moved in a different direction. It is entirely possible that my idea will end up being inferior to yours. I just wanted to post it to help stimulate thought in others as you did so well in me. :)

It's cool. Loads of people throw out their ideas when I make threads that are often loosely related. You gradually learn more about the game the more you create complete builds rather than just adding two ideas together and mocking up a tree. Nobody is an expert, and there are always going to be ideas nobody else has tried yet.

I'm not going to get upset at you if you try challenging my builds in some way, it is exactly the reason why I share them with people.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 15, 2014, 9:06:16 PM
how does apep's fit in with this build??
"
adamounts wrote:
how does apep's fit in with this build??

Terribly. The build doesn't scale spell or projectile damage well at all and the mana cost causes a large problem. It is also an item most people won't have right away in the new leagues.

Also, you don't want too much cast speed because that puts even more stress on mana regen. Everything about Apep's doesn't fit the build unfortunately.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 17, 2014, 8:13:27 AM
Made it to level 80 on Torment.

Currently sitting on 5.2k hp, capped resists (PoF, PoL + all the aura nodes are awesome, so easy to cap resists), 4.2k buffed incinerate dps, more than whole screen incinerate length. Not sure how the build works in endgame but yesterday I cleared Olmec's Sanctum pretty easily. The build is both tanky and works well with items under few chaoses.

@SlightRedeye; Do you know what should I upgrade? Also, equipping a SS makes alot of difference in terms of survivality?
IGN: Aristona

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info