SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

The screenshots for of your characters defense stats and offensive stats are microscopic :S
What are you using to view the screenshots?

On my PC monitor, the pictures are the same width as the forums which is the correct size.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 18, 2015, 8:16:40 AM
"
Polypropylen wrote:
Recommended CWDT gem-level setup?

Could still need help on that... Why not level up CWDT a few more levels?
"
Polypropylen wrote:
"
Polypropylen wrote:
Recommended CWDT gem-level setup?

Could still need help on that... Why not level up CWDT a few more levels?

It's all preference, there is no answer for you.

I like to have all the gems as low level as possible.
New Marauder build HYPE

Rain of Arrows 6 Man Carry Support Build.

Played it to 82 in Bloodlines. I cannot recommend it more if you want to map in groups.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1116897
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 18, 2015, 6:39:50 PM
Thought I'd update how things were going using a version of this build (thanks again for the great information and work!)

Gear

Aura's are HoI, HoT, Clarity (on health), and Haste. Tooltip with a 5L Cloak of Flame is 5110, and things melt pretty darn well. Survivability is excellent, due to a level 19 AA (would like to try and push it to 20, but I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the mana drain. 19 is right at the edge of my abilities right now.) For reflect maps, I turn off haste, and run vitality instead; the drop in DPS, coupled with great regen, makes reflect maps pretty tame.

As a bonus, I stacked chaos resist on all my gear possible; it's around 10% in merciless, and that makes a decent difference toward survivability game-wide. Got a level 75 Jungle map through Zana, and the spider barely registered on my life. Insta-heal pots were easily up to the challenge of keeping things topped off.

All in all, great build, lots of fun. Thanks Redeye!

***EDIT***
as a question, has anyone tried subbing in an added chaos damage gem instead of cold or lightning (or faster casting)? I know you lose the shock/chill chance, and the damage that goes with, but added chaos has a much higher base damage, and less mobs are chaos-resistant. Just curious.
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Last edited by RediusMaximus on Jan 19, 2015, 12:02:29 PM
"
RediusMaximus wrote:
as a question, has anyone tried subbing in an added chaos damage gem instead of cold or lightning (or faster casting)? I know you lose the shock/chill chance, and the damage that goes with, but added chaos has a much higher base damage, and less mobs are chaos-resistant. Just curious.

Added chaos will output similar damage as added lightning does, but damage isn't the reason why you would want to swap the gems.

Added chaos doesn't reflect, which is its main benefit besides the higher flat damage. In double reflect maps putting this in is worth doing, I use it in my setup already.

Chaos resistance is common on mobs in PvE so I wouldn't call it rare, and I wouldn't base my gem choice on this.

Added lightning makes sense to use in the build because it benefits from certain bonuses which are not shown in the tooltip. 2% lightning penetration, curses and shock duration is mainly what makes straight elemental more appealing then chaos/ele. The fact that the build scales elemental and not so much spell damage which doesn't scale the added chaos.

Basically, both gems work fine. I just prefer the additional lightning damage.
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
RediusMaximus wrote:

Added chaos will output similar damage as added lightning does, but damage isn't the reason why you would want to swap the gems.

Added chaos doesn't reflect, which is its main benefit besides the higher flat damage. In double reflect maps putting this in is worth doing, I use it in my setup already.

Chaos resistance is common on mobs in PvE so I wouldn't call it rare, and I wouldn't base my gem choice on this.

Added lightning makes sense to use in the build because it benefits from certain bonuses which are not shown in the tooltip. 2% lightning penetration, curses and shock duration is mainly what makes straight elemental more appealing then chaos/ele. The fact that the build scales elemental and not so much spell damage which doesn't scale the added chaos.

Basically, both gems work fine. I just prefer the additional lightning damage.

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks again!
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Nice build, following it and level 80 on torment league at the moment.

Would taking herbalism instead of blood drinker be beneficial? Taking it costs only 1 passive point more and you would gain the improved flask life amount.

Also, do you think doing atziri with a tabula rasa and 4.5k unreserved hp is possible or should i aim for a 5L cloak of flame?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info