[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

"
Terrornoid wrote:

Haven't rolled it in the beta but I've "played it on standard in the beta"

What does this even mean?

My main concern right now is that if you want to run all 3 purities and a herald then you're going to need 24% reduced reservation from tree+gear(alpha's) AND a level 3 enlighten (so you'll need two of them, since one of those is in its own link group) just to get you down to a 93% reservation (currently on live standard I'm at 90% total). I suppose one of the purities can be dropped, but then we lose the max resistance boost and have to work harder to get good enough gear to cap resists. What is it you're expecting to do about these things?

On a side note, I was originally using a variant of this build that used the following 6-link:
Kinetic Blast + GMP + Chain + CoC + Ice Spear + Life Leech
This seemed to be very good at clearing groups of monsters. It still seems much faster at it than the usual freezing pulse + fireball combo. Against groups it attacks a much wider spread, is fairly insensitive to correct targeting, can proc CoC very raidly and easily, very quickly does nothing but criticals with the spears, and freezes pretty much everything as a result. It is terrible against single targets: the Chain is worthless, but you could remove that if you know it is coming; more problematic is that it is much harder to generate lots of hits fast without lots of mobs to hit, so you need them near a wall or other obstacle to get more explosions. And the mana cost is much much higher, making sustainability a major issue; mana on kill, such as from Assassin's Mark, can help, but against high hp mobs you might not kill fast enough, or against prolonged swarms you might not get in enough cursing. It's not so bad if I drop the one purity I don't need to cap my resistance, but running out of mana against beefy/single targets is still a serious concern. Do you suppose there's any way to salvage the mana problem? Does the beta make this more cost efficient, perhaps? One of the biggest issues is that in live Kinetic Blast has double the mana cost of barrage; I don't know if that's still true (or worse) in beta.
It means I switched everything and tested as if it were the beta. Not much is changed that is hard to emulate.

I will likely be dropping the purities for the next version, except PoF as an "endgame version" because of Righteous Fire. 12% -Res, Level 3 Enlighten OR 12% -Res, Level 2 Enlighten, Conqueror's Efficiency allows one to run both heralds and two purities. I haven't decided if Anger is worth running (probably not.) You can run still run all 3 purities if you want, it just takes the nearby res nodes to give you 20%, the jewel, and a level 2 Enlighten.

We'll likely also be dropping Rat's Nest in favor of a Rare with Life and Resists. Deficiencies are made up with the 5-6ish jewel slots we'll have access to and some other resist nodes. The jewels also provide mana on hit or ES on hit to power Barrage.

Kinetic Blast is, in my opinion, garbage for CoC. CoC doesn't need help clearing packs. It needs help against single targets. You get one 6 link and Barrage is a clear winner in my mind. There is no fixing the mana issue because by the time you do that, you've already lost the time you gained from clearing packs slightly faster. It's simply not worth it.

Edit: I'll be making a video with all of this information soon.
Last edited by Terrornoid on May 30, 2015, 10:12:57 PM
Hi its me again,
I have noticed that u dont quality your Reduced Mana gem. Is there a reason ?
Reduced Mana Quality doesn't work on Auras, only Skills.
It seems they recently changed AA on the Beta servers. It's now a mana reservation (same amount as a Herald), instead of degen, and it gives a less multiplier on fire and physical damage (rather than a flat reduction); it only offers the multipliers when you're not moving, mind you. Seems like this could be a great choice to shore up the defenses, since the 1.3 version of the build contains no physical damage mitigation at all (unless it's from a spell, due to block chance, I guess).

With a pair of level 2 enlightens and 20% reduced mana reservation (relatively easy to get from tree; there are two sources of 4% near the current tree, which are still in the beta tree, to add to the 12% we already have), you could run Purity of Fire + Herald of Ice + AA in one link and then a cursing Herald of Thunder in another item for an 87% reservation. Level 3 enlightens or the reservation jewel help even more, of course. One level 3 and the jewel get us down to an 80% reservation, which should give us a comparable available mana pool to what you get in 1.3 with EB.

I'm still trying to find a way to make the templar reservation nodes a viable pick, but it takes so many nodes to get over there it doesn't seem like it'll work out. Enough of the tree has been elongated that there's not a lot of room to spend nodes just to get somewhere.
damm i got one shot in atziri trio with this build! where I am missing?

"
smith357 wrote:

Your Warlord's mark is in a bit of an unusual location (cursing HoT instead of on a CWDT when 5-linking). This will force you to have just killed a shocked mob before initiating trio fight, and it's entirely possible that you'll fail to get one cursed when you need it. And as soon as your CWDT+enfeeble combo gets triggered (which will likely happen pretty quickly, even with it at high level) it'll erase your warlord's mark and your leech will drop dramatically.

What's your level and maximum HP currently at? You've got some nice HP on one of your rings and amulets (getting a second diamond ring would be good, but at least you've got spell crit on the wand), but the belt and boots have none. If you don't have enough HP then you can fairly easily be one-shot. You'd be surprised at how a few hundred extra HP can turn one of the atziri fights from "die a couple of times" to "easy peasy". I've you've got 4000+ then you're probably okay on that, I would think.

Your flasks could use some work. Flasks have a huge impact on this, and nearly every other, build. Boss fights or otherwise. None of yours are surgeon's, which is pretty essential to running flasks continuously (in boss fights or otherwise). And if you're going for granites you'd really like a surgeon's of iron skin. This will make a pretty big difference in how much physical damage you're getting pelted with. A Seething life flask (I prefer hallowed over divine, due to less charges needed, but both are fine) can also help you get out of a bad situation quickly.

You might also consider using RF. It is a significant damage boost, and the faster things go down the less opportunities they have to kill you (and you'll leech more per hit, too). Granted, I still routinely find myself going through trio and Atziri without RF going most of the time: I'm a panicky type, so my seething of burning flask is likely to get used, and the degen tends to leave my hp just low enough that I'm a bit more likely to get 1-shot in a window where I'm not leeching/flasking it back faster than I lose it. Still, I have it up at the start and reactivate whenever I have breathing room for it (atziri's immunity stage, for example).

I have personally found Freezing Pulse a little better than arctic breath against trio: it penetrates to hit (and therefore leech from) several of them at once (especially so once one is down and grunts start spawning), making rapid recoveries from damage easier. The leech seems to beat out the higher single-target DPS for me here. Possibly your discharge does this for you; I use the VMS combo (and a 6-link with leech), instead, which works well, except in those situations where the first or second kill gets dragged out and the VMS drops.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
smith357 wrote:

Your Warlord's mark is in a bit of an unusual location (cursing HoT instead of on a CWDT when 5-linking). This will force you to have just killed a shocked mob before initiating trio fight, and it's entirely possible that you'll fail to get one cursed when you need it. And as soon as your CWDT+enfeeble combo gets triggered (which will likely happen pretty quickly, even with it at high level) it'll erase your warlord's mark and your leech will drop dramatically.

What's your level and maximum HP currently at? You've got some nice HP on one of your rings and amulets (getting a second diamond ring would be good, but at least you've got spell crit on the wand), but the belt and boots have none. If you don't have enough HP then you can fairly easily be one-shot. You'd be surprised at how a few hundred extra HP can turn one of the atziri fights from "die a couple of times" to "easy peasy". I've you've got 4000+ then you're probably okay on that, I would think.

Your flasks could use some work. Flasks have a huge impact on this, and nearly every other, build. Boss fights or otherwise. None of yours are surgeon's, which is pretty essential to running flasks continuously (in boss fights or otherwise). And if you're going for granites you'd really like a surgeon's of iron skin. This will make a pretty big difference in how much physical damage you're getting pelted with. A Seething life flask (I prefer hallowed over divine, due to less charges needed, but both are fine) can also help you get out of a bad situation quickly.

You might also consider using RF. It is a significant damage boost, and the faster things go down the less opportunities they have to kill you (and you'll leech more per hit, too). Granted, I still routinely find myself going through trio and Atziri without RF going most of the time: I'm a panicky type, so my seething of burning flask is likely to get used, and the degen tends to leave my hp just low enough that I'm a bit more likely to get 1-shot in a window where I'm not leeching/flasking it back faster than I lose it. Still, I have it up at the start and reactivate whenever I have breathing room for it (atziri's immunity stage, for example).

I have personally found Freezing Pulse a little better than arctic breath against trio: it penetrates to hit (and therefore leech from) several of them at once (especially so once one is down and grunts start spawning), making rapid recoveries from damage easier. The leech seems to beat out the higher single-target DPS for me here. Possibly your discharge does this for you; I use the VMS combo (and a 6-link with leech), instead, which works well, except in those situations where the first or second kill gets dragged out and the VMS drops.

thx for tips, i have 3275hp i change rainbow for this boot

i will change my flasks as you said, but my biggest problem is desync i play with 150-200 latency i got too many desync after using barrage :( and i raise my attack speed but didnt fix.

Help I'm having problem with my chance to hit, is at 79% now @@

How do I pump my accuracy?
"
smith357 wrote:

thx for tips, i have 3275hp i change rainbow for this boot

i will change my flasks as you said, but my biggest problem is desync i play with 150-200 latency i got too many desync after using barrage :( and i raise my attack speed but didnt fix.

Not much I can say about desync. Unless you have a low tier service or you're for some reason connecting through a Euro server when you're in the US, there's not much that can be done other than sit and wait for 2.0 desynch fixes and possibly new servers closer to your location.

As for you HP, that's a little low for Atziri runs. I was doing Atziri runs at level 88 with about 3600 HP, but I still tended to die up to three times against the trio, as well as Atziri herself. I have just short of 4000 now and deaths are less likely and mostly the result of bad rng/timing (cycloner from trio catching onto me early and forcing me to constantly move around instead of killing, atziri initiating a double flameblast just as I start an attack, that sort of thing). I suggest getting yourself into the 3600-3800 range at least. It can take a few tries to get the hang of the fights and to really understand why certain specific things are done, why certain specific flasks are so important, etc.

Looking at your tree, you might want to take those 3 wand nodes in the witch area and convert them into the Hired Killer nodes (near the evasion wheel and true strike). That'll give you an extra +14% life, and some life on kill (not a big deal here, but doesn't hurt). You'll need approximately +160% life to have a relatively easy shot of 4000 hp at level 90 (with good life accessories you'll do better than that).

"
kohtianyi wrote:
Help I'm having problem with my chance to hit, is at 79% now @@

How do I pump my accuracy?

Keep in mind that that 79% is versus a generic mob of your own level. Your "actual" hit chance may be higher or lower depending on exactly what you're fighting. Accuracy exists as an affix on several items: helms, rings, amulets, and weapons (as a +accuracy suffix; as a phys/acc hybrid prefix; and as a light/acc hybrid suffix). Try shopping around for accuracy jewelry. And don't underestimate those Crit+Accuracy nodes. Getting +dexterity will also help some, but not nearly as much as straight accuracy will.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jun 7, 2015, 11:47:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info