Acuity is not worth 200 ex

This thread makes me smile. Bunch of kids arguing about one item or its price.

I don't understand why some ppl are crying that Acuity is so expensive... on the other hand I don't understand people which are trying to reach absolute BIS items or maximum level since there is barely any difference between lvl 100 and lvl 90 character, and u can pretty easily own any content with much cheaper items. 10 extre passives? Oh lord... game-breaking advantage.

What are u going to do when u will have bis and will be able to oneshot or at least faceroll Atziri? How can u even enjoy the game when u sold 15 of these endgame items. Is it even little bit challenging? Why dont u play some trading simulator instead? :D

Personally I don't give a shit about these pathetic gloves which would only break the game for me.

Have a nice day.
"
HoosTrax wrote:
"
HoosTrax wrote:
For me personally, no I wouldn't buy an Acuity for 200ex at this point, even though I can easily afford one.

Epilogue -

Now the proud owner of my first ever pair of Acuities.

Yay for pre-"nerf" panic selling :) (bought for 118 exalts). I guess time will tell whether I overpaid or not, but I'm happy with how it turned out regardless. Need to get around to Divining it at some point.

Congratulations, so now you have a item that has a 60% life leech effectiveness penalty, up from none! And even if you already have it their change stats "Existing versions of this item are affected by this change." So in conclusion you don't leech unless it's a crit, and when you do your struck by a massive penalty...would of never paid what you paid, you better hope you hit hard if your leech is low cause that penalty is massive, the one on Vaal Pact is only 40%! The only way to make this work with 1%/2% Leech is to hit very hard, otherwise you need more leech to achieve what you once were with just 1%/2%.
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 12, 2014, 10:17:11 AM
it's the other way around.

VP = 60% penalty = 40% effectiveness
Gloves = 40% penalty = 60% effectiveness

The main reason to buy them though is if your build is mana-based. Instant mana-leech on 95% crit let's you skip the blood magic gem and add another dps gem, whatever it might be.

Edit: Also, most high-dps builds use lifeleech gem in their setup in order to not die to reflect. So it's 9% leech we're talking about.
Last edited by Xarxos on Dec 12, 2014, 10:22:10 AM
Good thing i holded off with buying them.

Still its a increase over vaal pact, but does it allow to work with 1/2% leech now? if not, life leech gem will have to be implanted either way which makes the gloves absolute worthless. I see the price dive towards the 20-30ex range
Last edited by GATYGUN on Dec 12, 2014, 10:24:41 AM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Congratulations, so now you have a item that has a 60% life leech effectiveness penalty, up from none! And even if you already have it their change stats "Existing versions of this item are affected by this change." So in conclusion you don't leech unless it's a crit, and when you do your struck by a massive penalty...would of never paid what you paid, you better hope you hit hard if your leech is low cause that penalty is massive, the one on Vaal Pact is only 40%! The only way to make this work with 1%/2% Leech is to hit very hard, otherwise you need more leech to achieve what you once were with just 1%/2%.

Not sure if troll or srs. If srs, I'm guessing lowlife and Blood Rage aren't in your repertoire.
People selling at 25 now.
Last edited by delray on Dec 12, 2014, 10:28:16 AM
"
delray wrote:
People selling at 25 now.

Trolling at 25ex you mean. Get everyone to insta-join their group, then kick for the lulz.
"
GATYGUN wrote:

Still its a increase over vaal pact, but does it allow to work with 1/2% leech now? if not, life leech gem will have to be implanted either way which makes the gloves absolute worthless. I see the price dive towards the 20-30ex range

Copy and pasted from the notes > (Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change.)

So yeah, the only reason these were so popular...despite what the person slightly above is saying! Is people would grab these gloves because they didn't have a leech effectiveness tied to them like you get with Vaal pact, so you could get away with a small amount of leech and saving a point used on you're passive tree! Which in return made them amazing to use, now that they implemented a the 60% you really need that life leech gem to really use the item properly. Or perhaps BR, or WM...but a lot of builds that were really utilizing the gloves didn't use either of those, reason I didn't mention it it the first place mr! Which kind of kills the item's OP'ness quite a bit, and I freaking love they didn't allow it to go legacy!!! Legacy gear is stupid as hell, if you think an item is OP then change all of it, not just new ones! Kinda silly seeing as people will just toss the legacy versions around!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 12, 2014, 10:35:09 AM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
GATYGUN wrote:

Copy and pasted from the notes > (Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change.)

So yeah, the only reason these were so popular...despite what the person slightly above is saying! Is people would grab these gloves because they didn't have a leech effectiveness tied to them like you get with Vaal pact, so you could get away with a small amount of leech and saving a point used on you're passive tree! Which in return made them amazing to use, now that they implemented a the 60% you really need that life leech gem to really use the item properly. Or perhaps BR, or WM...but a lot of builds that were really utilizing the gloves didn't use either of those, reason I didn't mention it it the first place mr! Which kind of kills the item's OP'ness quite a bit, and I freaking love they didn't allow it to go legacy!!! Legacy gear is stupid as hell, if you think an item is OP then change all of it, not just new ones! Kinda silly seeing as people will just toss the legacy versions around!

Well i was saving for the gloves but now i can finish my build with the money and just go for a shav instead 6l. As i have to use a life leech gem anyway. Even while this patch will nerf the dmg output of crit builds massively, it makes stuff cheaper for me by a lot. So i'm fine with this change :P.
Well... if you dont want to pay 200ex for it then you could always farm it yourself...
i hear the price of those keys is WAY cheaper! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info