RASTONITE's CRIT ARC = 39k dps (UPDATE!) UNWAVERING STANCE+ VAAL PACT

UPDATE FOR SKILL TREE 1.3 NOTE: There has been many nerfs to the tree and gems but the build is still exceptional strong

ALSO PREVIOUS BUILD HAS BEEN REMOVED AND UPDATED WITH THE NEW ONE :D

Just recently decided to update and improve the build- it went so well that I have decided to update the forum as well.

UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS

1. Dual Curse through herald of thunder
2. No more single target issues ( 160% damage effectiveness! compared to 35% from before)
3. Gem set-up changes
4. Dual wielding
5. Passive tree changes

WHAT IS THIS BUILD ABOUT?

This build is about insane clear speeds done in a extremely cheap budget. Normally arc builds are highly expensive and thus making an effective one is impossible for many players and if you want to experience playing with arc this is the build or you.

PROS:

Insane Clear Speeds + DPS

Does Not necessarily need expensive gear

Can Kill and go through all maps and bosses with ease

Relatively Tanky

ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF FUN!

CONS

Reflect can be an issue

Play Style can be difficult for some

Cannot Kill Atziri (But trio and vaal is no issue)

Can't do 50% slow mana regen maps :(

Update= 1.3 TREE

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37BEq4-mghAsnFWu0PVBlgVCTLOusxEP215QMN2M2V_gEo0Zfq-VIC0f2wuCHsHzuMo7fA_EoqMRln_GSVHw1ZUuBx5knev1j_ryHQ5IXfKJ03DVpJF-MxOejDYmlWHiVUsWv2NDrJhVxjpYXyp0VY9Gm6H311gHfOUYangvHRS2-vemjmS4k6cIwGZFRzLRogAEs-FzmjuCm9Wm7TxXlClPhX3r7lNSRZ2a4IVt1YEk2Cj6-eiCx7c-QYfYvf4KNZL-j7XyNuhYr3gNqW6nMAHnn8sqON-KcFI=

VIDEO lvl 77 map (OLD)

Here is a very short video(the map mods can be seen on the video) to demonstrate why vaal pact and unwavering stance is crucial for this build :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk7sSQ2oW8Q

This build uses arc as its main attack with both the heralds. The build is designed to be cheap yet very high damaging capable of doing Palace Dominus etc.

This is not a afk build and requires a bit of skill to be effective but that said it is very capable however not Atziri capable in my opinion however you can easily demolish the trio and double vaal within seconds it's just Atziri who causes problem. Reasons being:

1. reflect from Atziri
2. Unwavering Stance means no way to avoid spears
3. The aura set-up not good for Atziri

The build uses unwavering stance and vaal pact with 4.2 k life which makes it quite tanky in fact but the main strategy is avoid getting hit.

play style

You can have two quick silver flasks or use lightning wrap along with Resistance FLask which I chain and keep hitting with arc combined with atziri's promise flask. Since you clear everything so quick you never run out of flasks. Whenever there is a hard mob or a dangerous situation you just press enduring cry and when you get damaged the the immortal call procs causing you to be immortal to physical damaged.

Due to vaal pact even if you do get damaged you life jumps right back up so issues there.
As for elemental damage it isn't much of an issue but if there is any you can easily use a elemental flask such as ruby etc.

Reflect not much of an issue with 10.8 percentage life leech so you will hard see you life go down however I still do not advise doing reflect maps

The idea is not to be close to the enemy. I have managed to kill every map boss with extreme mods if you are careful and know its attack pattern etc.

AURAS AND OTHER:

Purity of Lighting/Purity of Elements (if struggling to get res)
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Clarity
Arctic Armour (Not an aura but still :P)

Bandit's Rewards

Normal= oak (life)
cruel= passive skill point
merciless= alira (power charge)

GEM LINKS ( [b]UPDATE[/b])

helm = cast when damage taken lvl 3 + increased duration+ immortal call+ Arctic armour

gloves= reduced mana +herald of ice + spell echo ( allows for enduring cry to go off twice) + enduring cry

boots= herald of thunder + curse on hit + elemental weakness + assassin's mark

wand 1= reduced duration + lightning warp + faster casting

wand 2= reduced mana + clarity + purity of elements/ lightning

chest= arc + faster casting + spell echo + lightning pentration + life leech + power charge on critical

GEAR [b]UPDATE[/b]

None of these are worth more than 5 ex altogether except the 6L rare which you don't need at all as I myself used a Tabula till lvl 90 the other issue might face is resistance capping that's all.

I highly recommend using a 5l es chest with resitance and life in order to be able to use the maligaro's gloves which are extremely good and gives tremendous dps.

There will a video show casing the build on a 4l.

Also I decided to do a test about the use of increased critical damage gem because due to its nerf.
So now instead I use Lightning penetration

Supposing an enemy has 75% lightning resistance:

With increased critical damage: 75% of 39k which is 29250 k dps therefore we do a total of 39k-29250k= 5750dps in total which is pretty bad!

With lightining penetration: we do 36k dps so... 75%- 35%= 30% reduction

therefore 30% of 36k= 10800 pds

36000-10800=25200 DPS"!

WHICH IS AROUND 20K MORE if I am not mistaken

Dual Curse

Furthermore, with the use of dual curse you can potentially have an enemy stripped of 106+ lightning resistance so no more single target issues which again will be demonstrated in a video.

resulting in 160% damage effectiveness!

compared to before which had only 30% damage effectiveness!

At the current stage, Damage in the tooltip:

WITHOUT POWER CHARGES (7)= 24.5k
WITH POWER CHARGES+ ATZIRI PROMISE= 39K

The damage in reality is far greater as I mentioned above.

Note that I don't consider myself an expert I could be wrong in my calculations and other places.
Any suggestions leave it in the comments below and they most appreciated. :D

VIDEOS COMING SOON FOR THE UPDATE!
Last edited by rashadul359 on May 26, 2015, 5:54:12 AM
I was wondering why do you have unwavering stance since cwdt setup along with rather a decent lifepool and AA should be enough to survive melee stuff without hiccups. I mean those passive points could be used elsewhere.
IGN: Gruthuk
"
Rockdogz wrote:
I was wondering why do you have unwavering stance since cwdt setup along with rather a decent lifepool and AA should be enough to survive melee stuff without hiccups. I mean those passive points could be used elsewhere.

Yea I have tried several different combinations.

I have tried taking at first cast interuptions, although it was alrite and gave me around 100 more life and a bit more mana from the life nodes around- dealing with bosses that palace dominus and other bosses like cremetorium map boss was extremely difficult as this build foucused on very high life leech and a evading tactic, it was difficult to sustain leech and too often stun was a issue especially from spells and range attacks.

furthermore, mobs like leap slammers and those ground worms that pop up sorry dont know their names are very dangerous to deal with if u aren't always concentrating. Also unwavering stance makes one to one battles more easier especially sicne arc is kinda shit in that category.

so to answer your question, if you were to respec all the points and allocate it to life and dmg you will only get around 1k dps and 200 more life - so i felt like this way u had a better chance of evading.
Hi.

The build looks good. I'm planning to use this for new 3 month league, that is about to begin. :)

Do you have mana issues with this? How big does the mana regen and mana pool have to be?
Hi, I'm sort of a newbie to this game. I have a maybe 1-2 exalts worth of funding and that's it. Do you recommend me going for this build? I'm just looking for a budget strong arc witch build to farm for currencies to start out this game.

And also, I've been looking at your defensive stats. Your armour/evasion is low, would this be a problem at high level maps?
"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Hi.

The build looks good. I'm planning to use this for new 3 month league, that is about to begin. :)

Do you have mana issues with this? How big does the mana regen and mana pool have to be?

hey yea mana can be an issue. if u are having mana issues u may want to use a lower lvl artic armour.
rtypically u would want atleast 230+ mana regen to sustain artic armour.

sorry for the late response
"
darkpian wrote:
Hi, I'm sort of a newbie to this game. I have a maybe 1-2 exalts worth of funding and that's it. Do you recommend me going for this build? I'm just looking for a budget strong arc witch build to farm for currencies to start out this game.

And also, I've been looking at your defensive stats. Your armour/evasion is low, would this be a problem at high level maps?

Armour and evasion doesn't do much in terms for witches anyway so .. best defence is artic armour and kiting mobs and purities. Furthermore, the vaal pact and unwavering stance makes it bit more tanky so armour and evasion aren't necessary for damage mitigation.

mobs as i said not much of an issue if u keep an eye out and i am not a very skilled player at all- may require a bit of getting used to for you and then it should be second nature. :)

i dont recommend this for beginner's especially if you don't know the different types of mobs in the game. If you do know the money shudnt be any issue as more money would just equal to more dmg which u can sacrifice.

yes this build is very good for currency farming due to very high clear speeds even in 77+maps.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by rashadul359 on Dec 5, 2014, 4:10:18 PM
Have you tried replace Power charge on critical with Lighting penetration? I noticed that many other Arc builds have done so. Would assasin's mark provide enough charges on its own?

Thanks for reply :)
"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Have you tried replace Power charge on critical with Lighting penetration? I noticed that many other Arc builds have done so. Would assasin's mark provide enough charges on its own?

Thanks for reply :)

yes lighting penetration is preferable better however since this is a crit build and since arc has a low crit base it is necessary to get as much crit as possible.

Assassins mark is good but generating 7 power charges with it is very difficult.

As shown power charges provide significant damage increase almost 10k+. So yea power charges on critical is very useful and for this build its a must.

Thanks for reply, and great thing that you will update this to 1.3. I will start with this as soon as new league starts, can't wait!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info