Cartographer Boxes vs assholes

Didn't happen to me, but happened to a good friend of mine and a couple random hosts I played with.

Imagine this: You roll a 150% quantity 78 map, collect fees and purchase Ambush with them. Add three vaal fragments and with a party go in to play the map.

You come across a cartographer box, a big win, maps to play for the next couple days.

And then Some Asshole (because of malice or stupidity) opens the box before you have a chance to alch/chaos it for mirrored/quantity/rarity... Rage quit.

I think only party leader should be allowed to open cartographer boxes. Others have nothign to lose if they waste carto.
Last edited by delray on Nov 25, 2014, 4:23:08 AM
The workaround is to never play with assholes.
thats why I play maps only in my guild.
Solo4lifw
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Solo4lifw
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
why do people even do this? the newb box opening......
Comments here indicate that this is in fact destroying the mapping community. People solo maps, people only play maps with people they already have played with a lot or know through the guild. Just to avoid being fucked over on a strongbox by someone stupid or malicious.
Last edited by delray on Nov 25, 2014, 5:31:07 AM
It's rather funny to open white carto and watch the rage.

And yes, solo is for true guys.
the only solution is for carto boxes having a chance to allocate maps to all people in the party again as you can't fight jealousy by posting warnings about the (non existent) consequences other than kicking the player from the party.

if there's something to lose for every party member, they won't hurt themselves.

edit: chance to drop can be small but it should exist.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 25, 2014, 5:50:32 AM
"
delray wrote:
Comments here indicate that this is in fact destroying the mapping community. People solo maps, people only play maps with people they already have played with a lot or know through the guild. Just to avoid being fucked over on a strongbox by someone stupid or malicious.

dont really think this is the reason not party maps.(solo is faster xp, more loot, reflect is not an issue so safer, personally like to derp between maps and roll maps like i want to, and ofc stupid people, also i feel much more powerful 1-shotting mobs instead of doing 1/5th of their lifee pool/hit)

just to mention few
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info