Cartographer Boxes vs assholes

"
Barivius wrote:
This happened to my, minus the fact that I didn't use Vaal fragments and it was a Shipyard. I simply said "ok everyone, that was the last map" and created a new party. It was a huge bummer of course, but I knew the risks. I wanted to play with a group anyway.

Sorry, but that fixes nothing, nor it will teach the one who clicked it. That actually a dick move from you since you punish 4 innocent players while the one who clicked most likely just laughting (if he even realise mistake). So it just a stupid rage quit.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
The fact that in this thread are people in this thread defending the current situation... and NOT because of valid arguments like "it would be nice, but it's hardly a priority" but instead arguments like "a streamer might get pissy" or "whaa whaa" is a pretty good example of why I like that the propensity of assholes in-game is far lower than the propensity of assholes in-forum.

I'd be all for a "leader/all" option on party creation as to the opening of boxes myself (all boxes, not just carto). Yes, it is possible that the host will screw up the opening, or die to it, but I personally would rather that I be the only one to potentially screw up my own mapped boxes vs other people doing it as well. If I die, then just like map drops, it goes to the whole party option anyway, so not like everyone else is getting screwed if I blow it.

I should note that, in my own public map groups, 95% of the time someone else hits a box, it was a total accident. So an option whereby only I can open it would, 19 out of 20 times, actually be beneficial to all as it prevents an accident, and the other 5% of the time, stops an asshole. That's easily worth the extra responsibility of only myself risking my skin to a bad set of box mods.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Dat Salt here...

Fun Fact:

I got more worthy Currency out of "Shit i missclicked the white Box" as i got from "Yay +8 add Items" Rolled ones.

Got 2 Ex so far from whites and only 1-3 Chaos/GCP from all Rolled together.

Yeah, its shit he clicked it, but maybe it was a mistake? He might was so busy with clicking Monsters or Loot, he didnt noticed the Box and BÄM.

Specialy PoE has a REALY SHIT, Item Overlay after all.

I clicked myself so often on a Wrong Item/Box, when so many Items Nameplates on your Screen.

Even double Pressing "z" to resort the Screen, dont help everytime.

So before you judge someone "asshole" maybe think about it.

Oh and at the Very End of the day.... : Its just a Game, stop cry like a Baby!

You dont have Fun with Random Shit ppl maybe do in Pup Partys? Stop play Pup Partys then. But dont QQ in Forums like a Girl.

Light

(now u can start split quote me and let the Shitstorm begin)
Yolo open ice nova in HC is better than yolo carto =)
I hit the white catro boxes with a vaal orb first before I pop it open for the party leader.

Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Nov 25, 2014, 3:25:45 PM
"
aldorus wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:
and what happens when the party leader is too squishy to be able to open the box safely? He needs to leave the map so someone else can?

This is a stupid suggestion.

Talking about maybe 1% of population? Not the best counter argument in my opinion.

And the amount of people who do the thing OP described is more than 1%?
"
qquno wrote:

Sorry, but that fixes nothing, nor it will teach the one who clicked it. That actually a dick move from you since you punish 4 innocent players while the one who clicked most likely just laughting (if he even realise mistake). So it just a stupid rage quit.

I couldn't be sure who did it. People got to finish the map. Not a dick move. Did fix the issue for me. I'm in the position to run more high level maps, and find more carto boxes. The people who get access to those through me can come here and complain instead.

Where does it stop? Anarchist boxes? Gemcutters? I also don't want other people opening ice nova chests near me without warning me. Should only the party leader open ice nova chests.
For me it'd be best if only the party leader could interact with strongboxes. In maps he hosts (78 = 1 ex at the moment, if I host I do everyone a massive favour, even if I get their fees).

You don't like? GTFOYOLOSOLO your tropical islands, don't join my games. There are 50 other people willing to take your spot.
Last edited by delray on Nov 25, 2014, 5:34:39 PM
"
Barivius wrote:
"
qquno wrote:

I couldn't be sure who did it. People got to finish the map. Not a dick move. Did fix the issue for me. I'm in the position to run more high level maps, and find more carto boxes. The people who get access to those through me can come here and complain instead.

Where does it stop? Anarchist boxes? Gemcutters? I also don't want other people opening ice nova chests near me without warning me. Should only the party leader open ice nova chests.

Let's rake it a step further and require all box openers to complete a certification so we know they are qualified in all aspects of strongboxology. Then when a map leader gets a cartography box, they can fill out the environmental impact statement, and have all the liability insurance they need in case another player's character suffers irreparable suffering or loss. Within a short period- no more than 48 hours, the approval for opening the box should come through and a quick email to support withbthis confirmation will let them unlock the box.

Sound good?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
delray wrote:
Comments here indicate that this is in fact destroying the mapping community. People solo maps, people only play maps with people they already have played with a lot or know through the guild.

This is not only because of boxes. Playing with PUGs isn't fun in almost every case and in almost every game!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info