Standard currency build up becoming a problem?

"

Why do you always come in here trying to incite me It's quite amusing.

Why do you always... ok, that would make no sense. Well, why you ask? Simply because you often say things that I don't really agree with, or they don't make much sense to me :P. Like saying "oh, why can't everybody have the same opinion as me, EH!". I understand the troll nature, but there is nothing better than trolling a troll. D-:

SO BACK TO THE TOPIC.
No, currency build up is not BECOMING (wonder if OP knows how old this game is, lol. Or standard alone) a problem. It never was, and never will be. It is a different server, with different stuff going on there. Temp leagues are not Standard. And people like other things. Pick yours.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
If the gaming experience is balanced around trading, then how can inflation not be an issue?
I dont think there is any real reason to play standard. Ever. Maybe one char to 70 for practice, but still it would propably be missleading info and u would end up ripping faster. This isnt MMORPG. Its action based game u should play with friends or alone for challenge. EVERYONE can complete ANY GAME that is based on ITEMS if given INFINITE lives. You find such modes economy lame and ruined for the reasons u stated, in every game. Common dumb league for common players, real games for real players. And as in everything in life, common is often boring. Suck it up or develope gaming skills.
It's kind of silly to see all the people automatically assuming their problems are the result of some form of inflation, without realizing that PoE has some very key things that prevent inflation of currency from ever being a real issue.

That's right, the currency is CONSUMABLE. Long story short, if there get to be "too many" orbs that they don't buy as much gear as they did... People will stop trading them, and instead use them up to make more gear... Which will make gear worth less (because there's more of it) and make currency worth more (because it was just used up)

It's a rather ingenious idea, that means that the forces of the market will auto-correct any issue in terms of valuation.

As far as to the effect of age on the economy... It has had a BIT of an impact, as, for the most part, total gear quantity HAS gone up with the number of players. However, there are still some outlets to drain it out aside from the usual inactivity, etc. We do have Vaal orbs, which have destroyed an untold number of uniques.

However, given that this Standard League has been around for a couple YEARS now, it really hasn't seen much in terms of macro changes. Sure, some different valuations have shifted given different gameplay elements changing or being introduced that favor one thing over another, but for the most part, most people feeling "shock" over prices are merely just getting used to the change from a 3-month challenge league and going back to Standard. And in all honesty... If you stay and pay attention to a Challenge league during its lifespan, it starts out WAY different from Standard, but does in fact mostly get close to it by the time it ends!

So this is, very much, one of the economies that you didn't "have to be there in the beginning" to get successful. Granted, being there before made it a lot more LIKELY you have a legacy unique, but barring the difficulty in getting those it's pretty easy to make what is still a very viable and successful character. Alteration orbs are EXTREMELY easy to stockpile, and will quickly unlock all the other currencies indirectly, and in turn will get you to trade for just about all you need. All you need to know is what you're doing.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
I don't get what OP's problem is.

Lower currency such as alts/chaos has more value in Standard, so new players get more for farming it.

Not sure about current rates, but was it something like 1 ex = 55c in Rampage?
In Standard however it stayed at 31-33c.
Alts in std were 1c:12a, much better rate than in temp leagues.

The only negative thing is that you can't sell lower-end rares and levelling gear.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Nov 26, 2014, 11:57:32 AM
to put a better way , if you are self found or like casual trading (ie you just buy shit and dont have a shop) then technically standard is where you are at, you can technically farm exalted orbs twice as fast in standard too since 30 c exa is much cheaper than the 50 chaos exa and you get more iir/ iiq.

will you get the really good stuff, mmm nope. but if you know enough people you might just get that kind of stuff for free .. ie your 6l shavs and the like..

I do not know said rich people sadly.

But even I am liking the 8 exa kaoms on the market. i might be able to do the full kaoms skin thing which would be very nice .
Currency will inflate in Standard until the expected value of actually using a given currency is roughly equal to its purchasing power. The only currency I see with massive systemic disparities anymore are chaos orbs. Exalts are needed to master craft very good end game gear that would sell for a (roughly) equivalent amount almost by definion, fusing and jewelers and chroms are common enough and having appropriate sockets and links important enough and just likely enough to make using them more than viable, alchs have a high potential return on use and are fairly common with low purchasing power.

Chaos are out of whack right now because there's no efficient use for them.
In my experience the Best In Slot gear is much more expensive in SC but everything else is cheap. A lot things that would be considered good in other leagues are simply dropped/given away/vendored in SC.

You can get gear which will allow you to be really good for really cheap but if you want to be amazing you'd need to farm currency like crazy.
"

Standard is where the pros play though, the casual temp league is just a waste, if anything play the hardcore temp

id say its exactly the other way round, because all the "good" (or 'pro', LOL!!!) players know how to amass wealth in a temp league aswell, while all those who only got rich because they were lucky stay in standard with their beloved treasures.

[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info