Standard currency build up becoming a problem?

Rates are also pretty good in standard for people farming rares, chromatics, chaos/regal via recipe.

So all in all, it's not that hard to accumulate exalts to buy good stuff in standard. At least not really worse than in temp leagues.
"
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
GGG stated It's a dump league literally that's what they said

It's a dump league lol

GGG was nice enough out of respect to call it the standard league instrad of the dump league. /sarcasm

Also, GGG stated that the temp league is the open beta to standard league. GGG uses the statistics from the temp leagues to balance out the permanent leagues. /anothersarcasm

This is why I pity the nomads, they can never appreciate a real home.

Okay I believe dump league is not exactly an insult here why do some of people get offended? It IS a dump league jesus

Legacies everywhere
Economy is twisted etc

This is the place where you just exist forever continuing to build wealth forever and forever end of story what you think people are just going you know show up randomly with
in the new leagues and such? How does a starter legit newbie actually do something in standard? He has to work for it obviously or play a fresh start.

Standard is not their for the new people it is absolutely not the place for new people to go hence every time you create a char it directs itself to the new league.

Standard is where the pros play though, the casual temp league is just a waste, if anything play the hardcore temp
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
Not exactly. I'm in a guild with 5 friend of which 2 play occasionally and 3 haven't logged on in a while. Since the end of Ambush i have farmed enough currency to buy an Acuity (old 84ex price), 6l Shavs, 6l Windripper and a bunch of under 5ex items, while still having around 80ex in the bank. Most of that was done by farming Piety, Dominus and sacrifice fragments. Pick up every RGB item and rare, vendor for chromes, alterations and alchemy. Thankfully standard ratio's are geared more towards the small currency so it was a lot easier than in temp leagues.

HF in farming piety and dom to get 200ex shav legacy 6L and same thing for acuity, I m talking about the present, your story is nice to read but go explain a new player in std what it takes in a guild like yours to get those items
"
4phex wrote:
"
Not exactly. I'm in a guild with 5 friend of which 2 play occasionally and 3 haven't logged on in a while. Since the end of Ambush i have farmed enough currency to buy an Acuity (old 84ex price), 6l Shavs, 6l Windripper and a bunch of under 5ex items, while still having around 80ex in the bank. Most of that was done by farming Piety, Dominus and sacrifice fragments. Pick up every RGB item and rare, vendor for chromes, alterations and alchemy. Thankfully standard ratio's are geared more towards the small currency so it was a lot easier than in temp leagues.

HF in farming piety and dom to get 200ex shav legacy 6L and same thing for acuity, I m talking about the present, your story is nice to read but go explain a new player in std what it takes in a guild like yours to get those items

> complains about having to grind gear in an ARPG

Go back to D3 where you can get insta-geared in 1 week.
*cough* self-loot permanent league might be a good idea *cough*
It's a bit sad seeing everyone accepting without second thoughts that it is normal to trade to be able to perfect a character. Just playing the game and using currencies for crafting? Nope. You have to trade man, sorry.
"Yeah we're really proud of our game, there's no gold and you can use currencies for crafting" - except you designed your game so that currencies are useless for crafting, and work exactly like gold in other games.

Well, maybe in two years GGG will realize that.
"
Rhalph wrote:
*cough* self-loot permanent league might be a good idea *cough*
It's a bit sad seeing everyone accepting without second thoughts that it is normal to trade to be able to perfect a character. Just playing the game and using currencies for crafting? Nope. You have to trade man, sorry.

I suppose at this point the only people left playing are those that either don't mind that fact or have come to accept that it's not going to change. Everyone else has left to play a play-to-play game instead.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Also, consider that some players having insane gear in a league in no way makes the game less playable or enjoyable for a new or newish player.

So what if you can't do some random dude's build that does !#$#%!% DPS and has 300 ex worth of gear. There are plenty of ways to be effective even with little to no starting base of items and currency.

This is a reason why I think it's so important to make a few builds yourself (as in don't follow a guide) for a while to understand how the game, tree, and gearing works. Then you'll be able to adapt and modify a guide if you don't have the perfect gear for it.

I personally have no problems with any of the legacy items or super insane rare expensive uniques in standard. Not having them does not make the game a bad experience.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
Also, consider that some players having insane gear in a league in no way makes the game less playable or enjoyable for a new or newish player.

So what if you can't do some random dude's build that does !#$#%!% DPS and has 300 ex worth of gear. There are plenty of ways to be effective even with little to no starting base of items and currency.

This is a reason why I think it's so important to make a few builds yourself (as in don't follow a guide) for a while to understand how the game, tree, and gearing works. Then you'll be able to adapt and modify a guide if you don't have the perfect gear for it.

I personally have no problems with any of the legacy items or super insane rare expensive uniques in standard. Not having them does not make the game a bad experience.

Why can't everyone be this way?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
zSavage wrote:

Why can't you be not like this?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
"
zSavage wrote:

Why can't you be not like this?

Why do you always come in here trying to incite me It's quite amusing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info