The major Problem in POE in General

The major problem for me is that items such as Exalts, Regals, Divines and to some extent Fuses are too rare for the job they do. Its all well and good to say Masters has allowed us plebs to make "decent" to "great" items but to actually get those items you need damn Exalts and Regals and a shit load of luck from your Alt rolls. Eternals should be as rare as mirrors, the job they do is so overpowered.

I am saying for the specific jobs that these orbs do, they are much too rare. Also trade is no solution, this glorified and stupidly inconvenient chat (i mean trade) system is borked from the start. As always the rich will get richer and thats not really a problem, its to be expected. When you go through thousands of rare drops and none of them are improvements on the gear you already have, please tell me what is wrong with making these orbs more plentiful? The game is pushing you to craft but not giving you enough rope to hang yourself.

PS: and I must state that without help from other kind poe players who took pitty on me as a newb, I wouldnt have the gear I do either. If it wasnt for these peeps I wouldnt have bothered to keep playing.
"
TypePlus wrote:
The major problem for me is that items such as Exalts, Regals, Divines and to some extent Fuses are too rare for the job they do. Its all well and good to say Masters has allowed us plebs to make "decent" to "great" items but to actually get those items you need damn Exalts and Regals and a shit load of luck from your Alt rolls. Eternals should be as rare as mirrors, the job they do is so overpowered.

I am saying for the specific jobs that these orbs do, they are much too rare. Also trade is no solution, this glorified and stupidly inconvenient chat (i mean trade) system is borked from the start. As always the rich will get richer and thats not really a problem, its to be expected. When you go through thousands of rare drops and none of them are improvements on the gear you already have, please tell me what is wrong with making these orbs more plentiful? The game is pushing you to craft but not giving you enough rope to hang yourself.

PS: and I must state that without help from other kind poe players who took pitty on me as a newb, I wouldnt have the gear I do either. If it wasnt for these peeps I wouldnt have bothered to keep playing.

Those thousands of rare drops turn into alteration orbs which turn into any orb you want quite easily.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
TypePlus wrote:

Those thousands of rare drops turn into alteration orbs which turn into any orb you want quite easily.

oh really lol this comparison... sigh..

idk if you know but all orb drop rates were leaked and when compared most of them were actually 100% on point.

an eternal was like .00000103
and a mirror was .000000003

You need freaking thousands of eternal orbs to guarantee craft a GGG perfect weapon

the fact of the matter is noone can craft like this other than those who benefited from problems with the game when the game first started.

Im saying eternals should be at least .001 drop rates...

they dont do fucking shit... u actually cant do anything with an eternal orb by itself. in fact you need an eternal + another orb.. all it does is allow you to go back 1 step.

if they were much more common and worth the same as a divine it would allow people to at least get their crafting up and not be forced to use masters which offer rolls that dont really carry you at the high end game.

For example in 4000 alterations i rolled tyranical 2 times (luckily) you are not guarnteed to ever roll it because its all rng anyways

i cant afford to eternal and protect that 1 lucky ass roll

so instead im forced to yolo or sell it.
and i yolod' they both rip'd

when i say rip i mean the item is completely unusable for the build and the reason the item is being crafted.

what cant you comprehend?

im not saying wah wah i want everyone to be able to have GGG items within 2 min of playing..

all im saying is dont make the 1 thing that allows players to craft... the HARDEST THING TO FIND.

in fact the drop rates on it are so low its very close to finding a mirror.
how retarded is that..

that means in order for me to roll tyrannical i already have to spend anywhere from 5-10 exalts of alterations of more if im unlucky.

Then to roll another t1 when using regals id still end up using maybe 1-4000 eternals depending on luck to roll the 2nd mod that will allow me to master craft.

NOONE CAN GUARNTEE ROLL OTHER THAN THE RICHEST OF THE RICH and that is just plain retarded.

if you cant understand what im saying and see that it makes sense then idk

If the drop rates are not increased then the crafting remains like this - you may 1. never ever ever ever be able to craft a decent item because you will constant rip and cant eternal.

2. you got super lucky and without using eternals you were able to craft ONE additional mod that allowed you to master craft it so that it can be used.

3. youve benefited from luck/rng and playing the game for so long that you can afford to eternal items and guarntee yourself good rolls and craft the most expensive items.

in that scenario just look @ AXN and how hes able to craft whatever the hell he wants and noone can even compete with him.....

This game will suck ass in terms of standard/longtime play and will only be worth playing during 4months leagues or other leagues because you cannot compete with players who are filthy rich and crafting is just not possible.

It's your premise that's faulty. For whatever reason, you seem to carry a faulty notion that a well rolled master crafted item won't work in end game. It will, and in fact, is overdoing the amount required.

Bows can get up to and over 400 pdps. Which is insane for a master craft. Yet for some odd reason, you believe it isn't enough.

E: it appears to be your assumption that anything less than a t1 is trash. Which is sad.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Nov 24, 2014, 12:32:05 AM
Temp leagues.

If anything, title should read "The Problem in Standard in General" feedback from OP should be directed towards why standard does not fulfill (some) non-temp league players' expectations, and what possible reasons there could be to do more.

Feedback about feedback, because that's what a pants do. I hope OP takes it to heart, because it's still very much a conversation worth having ^-^

Edit: I'm willfully ignoring the requests about Eternals and the pursuant conversation, because that's also how a pants do. Otherwise, I'd say "Make Eternals more common? Are you fucking dense?" And that doesn't benefit anybody. The premise is sound. The conclusions aren't worth pointing out.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Nov 24, 2014, 12:52:39 AM
"
"
Kranyum wrote:
these are all "standard league" problems.
and standard is not really what poe is about

nah in general crafting is impossible

forcing you to either buy from others or use uniques.

just ripped another 10 t1 bows. fml

"

just pm me an offer i might accept
kneegrowsnipes - ign

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If you think those aren't viable. Or "decent", I'm at a loss for words.
"

oh really lol this comparison... sigh..

<snip>

That wasn't exactly directed at you, more for the guy above me with a problem in totally caliber than yours.

Buuut... I do comprehend. It's impossible to craft 6x t1 items. It's intended and not changing. You claim crafting doesn't exist which is absurd especially with the forsaken masters.

For t1 crafting... Obviously you can't compete in permament leagues with the guys who have been playing for almost 2 years. You really need to settle for less or if you want a t1 bow, then just mirror from one of those guys.

I don't really see your problem. Good bows are easy to craft, t1 bows can be mirrored and mirror is relatively easy to obtain (compared to what crafting those items you mirror take).

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

just pm me an offer i might accept
kneegrowsnipes - ign

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If you think those aren't viable. Or "decent", I'm at a loss for words.

But can't compete with Axn's bow QQ.
So PoE's major problem is that you can't easily craft full T1 gear?

wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
[Removed by Support]

not a single person has yet read and seen the point of my entire post..

to increase eternal drop rates

that was the main problem in poe is without them crafting is very very difficult.

i get replies like you can easily mirror items (great)

easily craft 400 dps bows (i lol)

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Nov 24, 2014, 6:27:24 PM
OT: It always amuses me when people use "literally" figuratively.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info