[2.0] The WayneTrain© #1 CoC Discharge - Million DPS whole Screen Destroyer - Deathless Uber

"
sensig177 wrote:
I just read this :

Spoiler

How good are Vagan's daggers for CoC ?

Started doing the math below as a reply to a buried comment on an unrelated thread. The conclusions were interesting to me, so I thought someone might find it of interest too.

So, how do "hits cannot be evaded" Vagan daggers fare compared to regular daggers ? I will be comparing a Poignard from Vagan ("low tier ambusher", highest AS/crit base available at ilvl59) against a regular Ambusher.

With a Vagan dagger, the resulting attack speed and crit chance are a lot lower than what you would get from a perfect Ambusher, especially considering Poignards have lower base crit than Ambushers (6.5 vs 6.68, for some reason I can't fathom). However, 100% hit chance tremendously improves your actual crit rate, and also frees up multiple passive points and gear affixes that you would otherwise need to spend on accuracy. There's also the neat advantage of being immune to blind. OTOH, you're getting lower max rolls on spell damage and spell crit. All that influence on build making is pretty hard to quantify, but what you can look at is how low your chance to hit would need to be for a Vagan dagger to be better than a perfect Ambusher on the same character, everything else being equal (looking only at the resulting effective crit rate).

Perfect Ambusher : 9.2% CC, 2.03 APS -> .187 "crits/second" (simple product of the two. Doesn't take anything else into account at this point, especially not chance to hit)

Perfect crafted Vagan Poignard : 6.5+34%(t2)=8.77% CC, 1.6+22%(t3)=1.95 APS -> .171 "crits/second"

Average master crafter Vagan Poignard : 6.5+24.5%= 8.09% CC, 1.6+13.5%=1.82 APS -> .147 "crits/second"

Factoring in chance to hit : "effective crit rate" = "crits/second" * "chance to hit"2 , therefore "chance to hit"=sqrt("effective crit rate"/"crits/second")

perfect Vagan dagger vs perfect Ambusher : sqrt(.147/.187)=.956 -> you would need over 95.6% chance to hit for a perfect Ambusher to be better than a perfect Vagan dagger. Such high accuracy is literally impossible, making the Vagan dagger strictly better. (thanks /u/the_tes for pointing out the cap I forgot about)

average master-crafted Vagan dagger vs perfect Ambusher : sqrt(.171/.187)=.887 -> you would need over 88.7% chance to hit for a perfect Ambusher to be better than an average master-crafted Vagan dagger. That's a chance to hit value you need serious investment in accuracy to reach.

For reference, I have a CoC char at lvl90, 2200 total accuracy, on which my character sheet says 89% chance to hit. It takes me 3 passive points (depth perception, not counting the bonus acc I get from swift precision) and acc rolls on both rings and on gloves (t1/t2/t2) to get there. I could just throw all that out the window, spend the points somewhere else and get resists/IAS/whatever on gloves and rings instead, use my mediocre master-crafted Vagan dagger instead of my 9.15/2.02 Ambusher, and effectively get the same crit rate.

Edit : bonus number : a perfect Vagan dagger has a 26.5% better effective crit rate than a perfect Ambusher at 85% chance to hit (and an average master crafted one 8.8% better).

What do you think about it ?

Sounds nice, very nice! I will definetly test it, when i got some time to go out of torment. But it will get expensive, to get such a fcking vagan dagger, with near rolls then mine^^ BTW i got 90% hitchance
There is only one place, for a man with a fake beard and this place is reserved for the WayneTrain!
+1 for this build!

I had a level 45 shadow stashed away and converted him after seeing the waynetrain in action!

This build is PERFECTLY viable to level up... Volls devotion is pretty important though (and I have one)

but made my way to merciless sarn with only:
2 kaoms ring (+2 endurance charges)
1 aurumvorax (for easy max resist)
1 very cheap blue dagger 1.2 aspeed and 80% implicit crit.. accuracy and spell damage.
Blooddance boots for frenzy generation
5 link volls protector

I did try the rats nest and it worked alright instead of malachai. But the mana pool is too small

I carried whole parties through merciless fellshrine / sarn & docks. (For docks you have to get saffels tho since dsync can kill you without adequate fire mitigation)

Ppl needed 5 quicksilver flasks to keep up with me. INSANE leveling speed

People were miring hard

THUMBS UP!!
Last edited by reefdreams on Dec 17, 2014, 1:33:52 PM
Now that the praise is done... Wayne I was wondering what you would prioritize first. The insane GG dagger or a 6 link voll?

Also for the 6th link I was thinking ARC or Added chaos damage could be pretty powerfull now that crit multi is nerfed. Do you think so?
"
reefdreams wrote:
Now that the praise is done... Wayne I was wondering what you would prioritize first. The insane GG dagger or a 6 link voll?

Also for the 6th link I was thinking ARC or Added chaos damage could be pretty powerfull now that crit multi is nerfed. Do you think so?

I would prefer 6l volls first. better take inc crit or empower lvl 4!
There is only one place, for a man with a fake beard and this place is reserved for the WayneTrain!
I must say I'm surprised that 6L (70 more crit multi) would be more desriable than that dagger. I guess its more of a bang for the buck consideration?
"
reefdreams wrote:
I must say I'm surprised that 6L (70 more crit multi) would be more desriable than that dagger. I guess its more of a bang for the buck consideration?

Critmulti was nerfed, yes. But its still really important to oneshot everthing, so you have to use multi or empower level 4. You can use arc or icenova too, to get more charges But i prefer critmulti, even after the patch. Its still 100% multi total, with your basemultiplier of 150%.

But: I would prefer to buy both at the same time, i dont want to priorize things, that are near essential.
Last edited by BullitD3 on Dec 18, 2014, 4:46:16 AM
"
BullitD3 wrote:

You got 35k with GMP and Chain, a real Wander got 140k+, can reach 160k+... If my discharge could fart, the fart had more dps then your build man.

Made my day.

Also stop arguing who is more awesome. We don't need anymore [Removed by Support] crying about forum posts, we already have enough!
Rip Mjölner
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Dec 19, 2014, 5:38:30 PM
"
Amaterasus wrote:
"
BullitD3 wrote:

You got 35k with GMP and Chain, a real Wander got 140k+, can reach 160k+... If my discharge could fart, the fart had more dps then your build man.

Made my day.

Also stop arguing who is more awesome. We don't need anymore [Removed by Support] crying about forum posts, we already have enough!

I know what you mean, i even agree 100% with that. But if you spend like 30 hours into a thread, thoughts, calculation, linkings and people came to flame, with lowbuilds... No matter, no words.
After spending 15 mins to read thru all the comments. I rated 10/10 for all these lies/credit hunger from Host, obviously this thread is a Taunt itself. Even thought his credibility is flawed, However his experience with CoC is legit.

Anyways, Ty Wayne, I take this as a late xmas present. Can't stop laughing from reading it.

1.3 Low life Tree with Witch

PRO
Spoiler
Ultra high aps
Able to running around with at least 6 auras
Higher DPS than Life version
PA + RF = infinite dps

CON
Spoiler
EXPENSIVE
VERY EXPENSIVE
WAY TOO EXPENSIVE

Life VS Low Life

APS:
Life version: 42% ias from tree.
LL version: 131% attack speed = 10% ias from tree + Blood rage + BM gem with inner force.

Crit:
Life version: 115% spell crit. 10% spell multi. 74% crit multi
LL version: 230% spell crit. 20% spell multi. 38% crit multi

Spell/Ele Damage:
Life Version: 236% elemental/spell dmg = 148% elemental + 16% ele with spell + 54% spell dmg + 18% fire/cold/light dmg
LL version: 222% elemental/Spell dmg = 166% spell dmg + 56% ele dmg.

As for Low life version. i would take Wrath Fang over Corpse Gutter due to the fact that 169%phy dmg works way better than 40% spell dmg in term of cyclone's dps.

In term of Auras, you can play with any combinations:
haste, discipline, 3 heralds, clarity
Purity of light/fire, 2 Heralds, discipline, haste
or be creative and go for some crazy auras.

GL with 1.3 and happy new year!

I really am intetested in trying a low life shavs / es version of this build. If anyone like theory crafting maybe we can come up with something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info