Max block nerf coming?

"
delray wrote:
I love how all those elite learn to play people suddenly become very defensive when you start discussing a nerf to the very mechanic that allows them to not care about the balancing of any content in hte game.

Well some people incl. me tried to explain to you why block is not op in any way and why other mechanics like crit for example are op. You can remove block completely from the game and nothing will change since you can just go and grab another mechanic. If it is crit for example you do better than before.

"
Hilarious thread. :-)

Naah, because it is thread number 12365346 on these topics plus you don't know anything about poe's mechanics this thread is just bs.

"
And max block is really stupidly OP, so ...

Wow now you know for sure that max block is op while a few minutes ago when starting the thread you didn't know anything about block at all, now that is just hilarious! ;)
Btw. the true problem of your nerf bosses thread was that you would like ggg to nerf almost every second boss in the game while most of the players want 99% of the bosses buffed. It is possible that a boss is hard for a particular build but if you have problems with every 2nd boss sorry L2P. And I'm one of the guys that usually never tell people to L2P.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Nov 20, 2014, 2:38:36 PM
Its overpowered but no one likes doing no DPS so it's not played much. They dont nerf OP they nerf popular. Only sometimes they correspond. Like life wheel was never OP - but since everyone took it nerfed to ground. Elemental adaption Arc etc - never OP but nerfed to force diversity. Meanwhile max spell block survives all this time unchecked.

SRS Block and many other things wont get nerfed cos boring as fuck and no one plays it.

What will get nerfed is crit TS poucture because everyone plays it.

I say again get block if you cant play or are disabled (like you have to use a straw to move mouse and stuff). You are safe from nerf bat.:)
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 20, 2014, 2:51:51 PM
i love it when people say that "max block" = shit dps cause then i can show them my max block phase acro shatterchuck variant lol. it's about the synergies...

anyways as far as the topic, i wouldn't suggest to nerf it directly, but block reduction mob affix would be a good start. it does take a lot of investment usually to get the defense and taking care of offense isn't totally obvious when you do.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Nov 20, 2014, 3:43:59 PM
Just nerf stone of lazhwar.
It's in every single defensive build out there.

Block cost points, which is fine.

Except for 2 handers, that can't really get decent block.
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
i love it when people say that cause then i can show them my max block phase acro shatterchuck variant lol. it's about the synergies...

Since only 0,01% of all players can afford a shatterchuck build this really is no argument against "max block = shit dps".

Edit: Seems to be a very nice build that you posted, but that's no shatterchuck build.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Nov 20, 2014, 4:23:19 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Its overpowered but no one likes doing no DPS so it's not played much. They dont nerf OP they nerf popular. Only sometimes they correspond. Like life wheel was never OP - but since everyone took it nerfed to ground. Elemental adaption Arc etc - never OP but nerfed to force diversity. Meanwhile max spell block survives all this time unchecked.

SRS Block and many other things wont get nerfed cos boring as fuck and no one plays it.

I say again get block if you cant play or are disabled (like you have to use a straw to move mouse and stuff). You are safe from nerf bat.:)

You are coming off as a really giant dick when you start talking for everyone and than insult everyones playstyle because its not brokenly overpowered like crit... maybe not everyone wants the game to become super care bear easy mode...

but hey if you like to do whatever it takes to become the most powerful.. including using exploits/brokenly unbalanced builds.. go ahead.. but don't insult the way other people play just because its not brokenly overpowered.

and you can still get more than enough dps without crit to clear all endgme maps ( except maybe certain map bosses (which all builds have trouble with) more than fast enough.
Last edited by ZaruenKosai on Nov 20, 2014, 6:22:47 PM
In open beta, people complain because RNG dodge is too bad.

Today, people complain because RNG block is too good.

What a world.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Yup Ranged > melee therefore block nerf incoming.

Actually... kiting is the best defence in this game kite nerf confirmed?
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
ZaruenKosai wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

You are coming off as a really giant dick when you start talking for everyone and than insult everyones playstyle because its not brokenly overpowered like crit... maybe not everyone wants the game to become super care bear easy mode...

but hey if you like to do whatever it takes to become the most powerful.. including using exploits/brokenly unbalanced builds.. go ahead.. but don't insult the way other people play just because its not brokenly overpowered.

and you can still get more than enough dps without crit to clear all endgme maps ( except maybe certain map bosses (which all builds have trouble with) more than fast enough.

Where i insult anyones play style let alone everyones? You sound like u got sand in your taco.

BTW I agree crit is OP but so is max block. Basically monster dont stand a chance most of the time in this game. I vote for buffing monsters not nurfs tho.

Monster have 10x HP
Monster Chaos damage double
All monster damaged increased 50%
Shock Stack comes back
Monster move 50% faster
Monster enrage after 30 seconds ignoring 50% of block, armor, evasion and resits

would fix all this crap

Is that carebeared enough for ya?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 20, 2014, 7:15:56 PM
Why are so many people obsessed with nerfing? Just play what you like and enjoy, the game is supposed to be fun after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info