Max block nerf coming?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
ZaruenKosai wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Its overpowered but no one likes doing no DPS so it's not played much. They dont nerf OP they nerf popular. Only sometimes they correspond. Like life wheel was never OP - but since everyone took it nerfed to ground. Elemental adaption Arc etc - never OP but nerfed to force diversity. Meanwhile max spell block survives all this time unchecked.

SRS Block and many other things wont get nerfed cos boring as fuck and no one plays it.

What will get nerfed is crit TS poucture because everyone plays it.

I say again get block if you cant play or are disabled (like you have to use a straw to move mouse and stuff). You are safe from nerf bat.:)

You are coming off as a really giant dick when you start talking for everyone and than insult everyones playstyle because its not brokenly overpowered like crit... maybe not everyone wants the game to become super care bear easy mode...

but hey if you like to do whatever it takes to become the most powerful.. including using exploits/brokenly unbalanced builds.. go ahead.. but don't insult the way other people play just because its not brokenly overpowered.

and you can still get more than enough dps without crit to clear all endgme maps ( except maybe certain map bosses (which all builds have trouble with) more than fast enough.

Where i insult anyones play style let alone everyones? You sound like u got sand in your taco.

BTW I agree crit is OP but so is max block. Basically monster dont stand a chance most of the time in this game. I vote for buffing monsters not nurfs tho.

Monster have 10x HP
Monster Chaos damage double
All monster damaged increased 50%
Shock Stack comes back
Monster move 50% faster
Monster enrage after 30 seconds ignoring 50% of block, armor, evasion and resits

would fix all this crap

Is that carebeared enough for ya?

1. tyou started by pinpointing specific builds and called them boring as fuck that no one plays.

2. You said to get block if you dont know how to play or are disabled.

Basically saying that only cripples use that build... pretty insulting imo .. as you basically just called everyone who enjoys te specific builds you pinpointed both boring and a bunc hof nobodies....... who are also crippled.
Thread locked while moderation takes place.

Unlocked now. Please don't harass or antagonize other players, as this can ruin the thread for other players wishing to participate in the original discussion.

If you have any issues or queries with this moderation, feel free to let us know by PM'ing me or e-mailing us at support@grindinggear.com.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Nov 21, 2014, 1:15:25 AM
"
Alhoon wrote:
"
TaKsim wrote:
I really do not understand that QQ nerf block, nerf crit etc. Do people not understand when you go max block you will never get high dps or when you go high crit you will never get high survive as with max block.

If high DPS = high Crit, and high survivability = max block, there's something very wrong with the game.

Also people crying for armour buffs, remember that buffing armour = easier game. Nerfing maxblock/eva/mom etc. = harder game. If you want the game easier, might as well go play Diablo 3, it's faceroll easy.
Go fight GR40+ rime wit ha barbarian and come back to tell us how easy it is.

Block is totally out of line defensively. It's an accelerating returns mechanic that is applied to essentially all incoming damage and has little to no downside. It's a minimum 30+% eHP, and ends up being 4x eHP or better. Nothing else comes close.

And of course going block has a negligible effect on your final damage output, because 90% of damage output is completely unrelated to your passive tree (where you get your block).
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
nerving all those things means: why bother with melee chars at all?

means 98% of the players are going to play pew pew chars....like it is already these days.

ones again crit and max block aint op......it only looks op when u look at those 10000ex builds.

but guess what 98% of us cant play those builds.

and alot of players think crit is op becouse they use RT and are mad becouse they cant crit -.- but cant miss. imagine a shadow without crit or with nerved crit....he will be unplayable.( melee wise )

sry my eng

mfg Anti
LOL. People asking for "max block nerf" - you are about 8-12 months late. Max block is no longer the best defense mechanic in the game - just take a look at the defense mechanics for "OP" builds that "farm" Uber Atziri runs - low-life wander / low-life spectral throw, Puncture, SRS, CoC, etc. you will see that none of them rely on max block.

Besides, GGG introduced a unique flask so that EVERYONE could get some decent block with no investment. So I highly doubt they will now go and nerf block.

Forget about evasion / armor w/ block - strongest defense mechanics right now are simply immortal call, stacking max resistance, and instant leech.

"
And of course going block has a negligible effect on your final damage output, because 90% of damage output is completely unrelated to your passive tree (where you get your block).

I don't even understand what this means. Your damage and block both come from the tree, so going for block on the tree DOES sacrifice a lot of your damage.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 23, 2014, 10:05:09 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
LOL. People asking for "max block nerf" - you are about 8-12 months late. Max block is no longer the best defense mechanic in the game - just take a look at the defense mechanics for "OP" builds that "farm" Uber Atziri runs - low-life wander / low-life spectral throw, Puncture, SRS, CoC, etc. you will see that none of them rely on max block.

Besides, GGG introduced a unique flask so that EVERYONE could get some decent block with no investment. So I highly doubt they will now go and nerf block.

Forget about evasion / armor w/ block - strongest defense mechanics right now are simply immortal call, stacking max resistance, and instant leech.
New strongest defense last I checked was "spam the hell out of +max resists and use permanent ICall"

Block is still broken relative to the remainder of defense options.

"
"

I don't even understand what this means. Your damage and block both come from the tree, so going for block on the tree DOES sacrifice a lot of your damage.

You get primarily defense from tree in the first place, and the best offensive choices don't actually involve much tree investiture. You'll lose some offense for giving up the nodes, but it's essentially negligible.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
DO NOT nerf max block, its already relatively hard to achieve. It is balanced imo. Armour is pretty weak though
im betting they will nerf the 100% damage reduction of block so that armor has a larger synergy.

maybe block takes off 50 - 75% damage but not 100% , then armor would have a huge roll to play
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 23, 2014, 12:44:09 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
im betting they will nerf the 100% damage reduction of block so that armor has a larger synergy.

maybe block takes off 50 - 75% damage but not 100% , then armor would have a huge roll to play

armor still pointless with immortal call... immortal call = 100% physical damage reduction.

why stack armor + armor passives when you can just cast IC with 100% uptime with minimal investment... this way you can get acrobatics/phase acro .. and your armor gets untouched.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info