Meet Blink-chuck, the tankiest (?) CoC build out there (HC)

Full guide coming later...

Current Gear

Dual curse version passives
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYABbUHHg5ID8QRDxGWFkAXLxhqG60dFB6BI_Yk_SoLKw0tHzBxMHw2PTbpOkI6WDt8PeJCS0V8SO5JUUt4S41Ms02ST31QMFBCUUdRYFVLVcZV1lgHXfJh4mKsY0Nk52aebIxwUnDVeC985X7ifyt_xoBWgKSFfYXFidOMC4w2jX2Nv49GkFWVIJUul5eboZ2qoi6io6OKqZWsmLQ4tMW307jKuXzAGsHzwuzUI9aK18vbXt2o377jauOE5RnnVOyw8NXz6vfX-tL79f8c_96nhBo4JKoWb4PbJpU=

EE Version Passives
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYABAcFtQceDkgRlhZAG60dFB6BHwIj9iT9KPoqCypbKw0tHzBxMHw2PTbFNuk6Qj3iQktDNkV8RZ1I7klRS3hLjUyzTZJPfVAwUEJRR1FgUuxTUlVLVcZd8mHiYqxjQ2aebIxwUnDVefZ-4n8rf8aAVoPbhX2FxYnTjAuMNo19jb-PRpBVlSCVLpeXmK2a4J2qoi6io6OKpwiplbQ4tMW307iTuXzAGsHzwuzUI9aK18vYJNte3ajfvuNq44TlGedU6-7ssPDV8-r60vv1_xw6WCSqFm-nhBo4JpU=

Quick Current Stats:

158% Life
20k Evasion
64% Block
75% Spell Block
40% Dodge
46% Spell Dodge
1.5k Accuracy
~86% Chance to Crit with charges

Tested in extreme reflect situations with no scratch whatsoever (double reflect + -maximum resistances). Flask awareness is easy thanks to instant refills from surgeons, but also VITAL. Good sustain via leeching tempest shield. Can clear atziri with little effort and almost no dodging required. Chest is filler for either 6L CoD, Daresso's Defiance or Queen of The Forest. I run FB+AB because of the crazy synergy with ee+pierce+return projectiles, and contrary to popular belief, it's quite effective due to the curved arc of the projectile spread due to gmp which usually prevents multiple of the same spell from hitting simultaneously. You can also opt to throw in 3 Dragons or even remove EE + the pierce nodes and go classic arc+fp with heralds. Can also opt for dual-curse easily.

Feel free to give suggestions
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Nov 24, 2014, 9:21:53 PM
What's the clear speed like?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Nov 20, 2014, 3:59:13 PM
You use three CWDT gems - how is that supposed to work? Since CWDT has a global cooldown of 250 ms it can only proc one of the three gems at a time. Seems like gambling to me because you'll never know which one will proc.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Tempada wrote:
What's the clear speed like?

will upload a gorge run tonight for you. generally packs die pretty fast (usually 1 barrage) and bosses too thanks to the shotgunning. and note this is somewhat of a budget build made for new leagues so it has a lot of room for gear improvement.

"
666lol666 wrote:
You use three CWDT gems - how is that supposed to work? Since CWDT has a global cooldown of 250 ms it can only proc one of the three gems at a time. Seems like gambling to me because you'll never know which one will proc.

i don't think this is the case, as that self-punishment curse disco build exists and relies on proccing cwdts in every slot. i think the cooldown is per spell, so duplicates won't get cast within that window. i reliably get all 3 proccing when i get hit. the only real mandatory one is the cwdt+enduring+ic, but i break it up into two for increased duration ic and frost wall (which is sick with the pierce btw), the firestorm cwdt is filler but i like it a lot since it increases the effectiveness of the other defenses.
Last edited by ログよし on Nov 20, 2014, 4:48:42 PM
"
TheEnforcer wrote:

"
666lol666 wrote:

i don't think this is the case, as that self-punishment curse disco build exists and relies on proccing cwdts in every slot. i think the cooldown is per spell, so duplicates won't get cast within that window. i reliably get all 3 proccing when i get hit. the only real mandatory one is the cwdt+enduring+ic, but i break it up into two for increased duration ic and frost wall (which is sick with the pierce btw), the firestorm cwdt is filler but i like it a lot since it increases the effectiveness of the other defenses.

Sadly it is that way. You can test it yourself. Just grab three lvl. 1 cwdt, load the first one only with EC, load the second one only with IC and load the third one only with molten shell. After that clean a low level area and let only one mob live, now let that mob hit you. You will see that each time cwdt procs you will either get an endurance charge OR a very short IC (because no enduring charge) OR a molten shell. You will never get molten shell & a decent IC at the same time. ;(
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
guess i'll need to figure out how to fill in the glove and helm slots. heralds aren't really compatible with EE and not many auras give me a real benefit, but i guess i could 4l my tempest shield at least

EDIT: tested... they all trigger as i figured. though 4l tempest shield with added lightning is pretty sexy, doubles the damage just about (and the leech).
Last edited by ログよし on Nov 20, 2014, 7:34:49 PM
Hey, build seem very nice, really waiting for more detailed guide. I quickly tested it on std, but it seems to me that EE is gimping single - target dps, am i wrong?

Also i came up with this three for new HC league, will it work with perandus + tabula/5l voll's?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2UEJVS6IuYeIOSCaV44RjQ13yEZY2PXDVBx5_xuywnaqJ05UuoqOMC2KsbIxwUvDVwfO5fLTFKgtJUZUgwuwegfPqLR8FtUuNTLPUI42__xwEB1AwKw2uszBxUUeD2x8C215CS0GW3agwfOdUVcY2xYXF0PVLeH8rjX0k_TpY2CTfvjpC1ooj9v_epwhNkp2uGmwWbySqNunjavrSZp5-4hZAwBqAVqmVhX2QVU99p4RRYBo46NYi6to9W_dSDQkh
i'm starting to believe the dual curse version with curse on hit herald of lightning is superior to the EE projectile pierce version. between the shocks and the curse mulitpliers everything melts way faster. will update thread with new gear and tree momentarily.

also no vid yet. i tried recording and it makes my computer potato-status when i do so i'll have my buddy record either a gorge or atziri run for me (which i can usually do with 0 dodging).

"
konokrad666 wrote:
Hey, build seem very nice, really waiting for more detailed guide. I quickly tested it on std, but it seems to me that EE is gimping single - target dps, am i wrong?

Also i came up with this three for new HC league, will it work with perandus + tabula/5l voll's?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2UEJVS6IuYeIOSCaV44RjQ13yEZY2PXDVBx5_xuywnaqJ05UuoqOMC2KsbIxwUvDVwfO5fLTFKgtJUZUgwuwegfPqLR8FtUuNTLPUI42__xwEB1AwKw2uszBxUUeD2x8C215CS0GW3agwfOdUVcY2xYXF0PVLeH8rjX0k_TpY2CTfvjpC1ooj9v_epwhNkp2uGmwWbySqNunjavrSZp5-4hZAwBqAVqmVhX2QVU99p4RRYBo46NYi6to9W_dSDQkh

i made a slight tweak (-Annihilation +Arcane Potency, gives you more crit multiplier, slightly less spell crit)

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2UEJVS6IuYeIOSCaV44RjQ13yEZY2PXDVBx5_xuywnaqJ05UuoqOMC2KsbIxwUvDVwfO5fLTFKgtJUZUgwuwegfPqLR8FtUuNTLPUI42__xwEB1AwKw0wcVFHg9sfAtteQkvdqDB851RVxjbFhcVLeH8rjX0k_TpY2CTfvjpC1ooj9v_epwhNkp2uGmwWbySqNunjavrSfuKAVqmVhX2QVU99p4RRYBo46NYi6to9W_dSDQkh5CIpT-w4tvr3po5k
Last edited by ログよし on Nov 24, 2014, 9:16:15 PM
do you have any issues with sustaining mana
Have you tried other Cold spells, like Ice Spear, Arctic Breath or Cold Snap instead of Freezing Pulse?

I am playing CoC Shadow, and I have rotated many different spell combinations - cold, fire, lightning, I even used EK as a second spell. And I am still not sure what is ultimate CoC combination.

Using Ice Spear and Fireball feels like best DPS combo, but I like Arc shock for party play.

Good they are so easy to change with some gear swapping.

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info