What do YOU feel about fork?

"
Perq wrote:

To add salt to the wounds of Fork, Pierce got its nice unique item. What can you possible get out of fork with unique item?

Think Fork needs some overhaul.

We need a fork unique, all it needs besides fork is some modifier like "projectiles bounce off walls twice". the question is, which base? I think its better to give it a base that can be used by both spellcasters and bow/wand users, but I think it might not make much sense then. (except maybe as a VOODOO amulet/ring? hmm, maybe a glove could work as well)
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 19, 2014, 9:39:56 AM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

To add salt to the wounds of Fork, Pierce got its nice unique item. What can you possible get out of fork with unique item?

Think Fork needs some overhaul.

We need a fork unique, all it needs besides fork is some modifier like "projectiles bounce off walls twice". the question is, which base? I think its better to give it a base that can be used by both spellcasters and bow/wand users, but I think it might not make much sense then. (except maybe as a VOODOO amulet/ring? hmm, maybe a glove could work as well)

And we shall make the unique with the words "Fork em all"
Last edited by emoListic on Nov 19, 2014, 9:51:25 AM
Support gem issue should never ever be solved with a unique!!

Lmp does not need unique to work. Fork also can be made useable.

Unique bandaids create dumb and shallow itemization
"
sidtherat wrote:

Spoiler
Why not both?
Oblivious
"
sidtherat wrote:

LMP is viable
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
and Fork also can be turned into viable support gem by changing the 'reason' of the issue - the gem itself.

'fixing' it with a unique (That basically removes one slot during build creation) is as dumb as game design dumbness can get. cheap games do that, poe is not that cheap.

any of the solutions presented here would make fork an 'alternative' to LMP without making it OP. Its main issue is the fixed 120' angle and no aim. slight change in this area == balanced and unique mechanic. currently it is unique but game reality does not like that fixed dispersion angle.
^FYI I never proposed it to be the solution for it. Just something I'd like to see, same as more spells that bounce.
Oblivious
rename it to splinter and make number of arrows go up with the gem level. Arrows fly in random directions.

So basically like tornado shot, except a support gem.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Saltygames wrote:
rename it to splinter and make number of arrows go up with the gem level. Arrows fly in random directions.

So you want it to be arrows only? Why not projectiles in general, like spells?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
"
Saltygames wrote:

So you want it to be arrows only? Why not projectiles in general, like spells?

would work with any projectile
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info