low life and vision radius

"
aplsin wrote:
I read his statement as a suggestion/idea, not as how it is right now.

As did I.

The on-low-life vision reduction is simply too massive a penalty for Pain Attunement builds, as if being below 35% of your max life wasn't enough. I wonder how small a percentage of characters even try using it (and lots of other passives on the tree for that matter; a heat graph would be amazing feedback for the devs).
"
pneuma wrote:
"
aplsin wrote:
I read his statement as a suggestion/idea, not as how it is right now.

As did I.

The on-low-life vision reduction is simply too massive a penalty for Pain Attunement builds, as if being below 35% of your max life wasn't enough. I wonder how small a percentage of characters even try using it (and lots of other passives on the tree for that matter; a heat graph would be amazing feedback for the devs).

I would probably wager that pain attunement would be the lowest used keystone passive, mayble along with zeolot's

With the current state of the game, relying on staying 35% or less HP is basically suicide

A nice addition to buff pain attunement would actually be to make you immunie to the vision penalty when your life gets lower. I think then people would see real value in it
"
deteego wrote:
I would probably wager that pain attunement would be the lowest used keystone passive, mayble along with zeolot's

With the current state of the game, relying on staying 35% or less HP is basically suicide

A nice addition to buff pain attunement would actually be to make you immunie to the vision penalty when your life gets lower. I think then people would see real value in it

If the vision fix was included with Pain Attunement, I think that would be a good thing (but still not enough to make it truly viable, only less shitty).

ZO is seeing some good use with RF caster builds.
Last edited by pneuma on Feb 12, 2013, 7:12:32 AM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
deteego wrote:

If the vision fix was included with Pain Attunement, I think that would be a good thing (but still not enough to make it truly viable, only less shitty).

ZO is seeing some good use with RF caster builds.

In my opinion, one of the main reasons pain attunment isn't being used is mainly due to indirect reasons, mainly that tanking of any sought (unless you are an endurance based build) is currently not possible in later stages of the game, and to make any use of pain attunement you need some sought of tanking ability, else you just won't survive long enough to get any use out of it

When GGG fixes these things, Pain Attunement will receive a massive buff (and the one it needs tbh)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The pictures are only somewhat misleading, as someone who didn't know better would assume that the light radius decreases evenly between the two points you show, which is not that case. You only need to be below 35% for low life effects to occur, and at that point the radius hasn't decreased nearly as much as it would have if it decreased evenly. You have full light radius above 75% life, and it can't go below half radius until you get below 25% life - so a low life build can play at or near 35% while having notably more than half of the full-life radius. This was put in place specifically to help reduce the effect of the light radius for low-life builds.

We're implementing some new stuff to deal with light radius at the moment, and may look into changing this system somewhat, but in general, your light radius will decrease as you lose life.

I really like that the light radius gets smaller and has the red tinge when on very low life, it's saved my life many times. So i hope it doesn't change to much.

I do not however play a low-life build.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
I really like that the light radius gets smaller and has the red tinge when on very low life, it's saved my life many times. So i hope it doesn't change to much.

I do not however play a low-life build.

I don't like the light radius getting smaller. But have no problem with the screen turning red.
in some places it gets really dark specifically the dungeon tile set (prison, church, etc) most of the time its very bearable at close to or exactly 35%

protip: blood magic support level 14 + reducce mana level 13 + any 40% mana reserve aura = 65% life reserved
Last edited by Derdy on Feb 12, 2013, 11:24:36 AM
So, still no changes in foreseeable future?
Any dark area really feels annoying :\
"
mrstrong wrote:
pictures are not misleading
i play with 1 health(ES keeps me alive), so i can use low life uniques

This post still eludes me... You don't play with CI, so you are not immune to chaos damage. Yet you have 1hp... Do tell me, how did that work for you out there in the killing field :P?

Pain Attunement needs two changes to be more viable:
-No reduced vision (you are attuned to pain for crying out loud, you don't get blurry vision due to loss of blood!).
-A change to incoming chaos damage. Perhaps make it so with Pain Attunement, 50% of taken chaos damage is taken off your shield, in stead of your life. With that 50% obviously just a number I pulled out of my hat.

CI needs a change:
-Reduced vision based on your energy shield, since that is acting like your lifebar anyways. Right now it is an added benefit that you get, that it doesn't need (and makes no sense).
i respec out of CI when i want to farm with wondertrap. i use righteous fire to bring my health down to 1.
the low life radius makes it impossible to farm indoor maps

*also idc about dying because i'm in default
Last edited by mrstrong on Feb 20, 2013, 2:34:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info