low life and vision radius

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but on low life i can't see **** in dark areas(dungeons,indoor places, etc.). There are no options to change this in game and changing my monitor settings doesn't do anything either.

here is the difference between playing normally and playing with low life:

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img838/4953/screenshot0013q.png[/IMG]
http://imageshack.us/a/img838/4953/screenshot0013q.png

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img32/8779/screenshot0014y.png[/IMG]
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/8779/screenshot0014y.png

(can't post pictures for some reason)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump
This is intentional, the lower your life will go the smaller the light radius will become. A nice feature for someone playing with a normal build, makes you aware of a low health pool even when not looking at the lower left corner. However it is quite stupid with low life builds, which are kind of promoted by some uniques and the Pain Attunement passive.
This has come up in several threads. My opinion, is its a nice thought, but a really bad thing, that I wish was an option. I dont like it.

"O shit im almost dead, i need to run out of this room... but fuck i cant see anything , where the door ... DEAD!"

Seriously, isnt being near death a harsh enough penalty... No no, lets make them blind as well.

My thoughts.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Feb 7, 2013, 1:59:53 PM
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
This is intentional, the lower your life will go the smaller the light radius will become. A nice feature for someone playing with a normal build, makes you aware of a low health pool even when not looking at the lower left corner. However it is quite stupid with low life builds, which are kind of promoted by some uniques and the Pain Attunement passive.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. There should be an option to enable/disable the effect.
I could understand why people would want to turn it off but I personally love it.
Makes your situation feel much more dire. It's also a great way to know when you're classed as "low health" for those items/statuses that require you to be so.

I have to also point out, the pictures are kind of misleading. The radius shrinks as your health does. The second picture shows the character on 1 HP, for you to reach that you pretty much have to be out of HP flasks and you're already dead.

If the option to toggle it had to be added I would recommend at least making the red hue a permanent unchangeable feature.
All above speeling mistakes are intentional.
"
Phranx wrote:
I could understand why people would want to turn it off but I personally love it.
Makes your situation feel much more dire. It's also a great way to know when you're classed as "low health" for those items/statuses that require you to be so.

I have to also point out, the pictures are kind of misleading. The radius shrinks as your health does. The second picture shows the character on 1 HP, for you to reach that you pretty much have to be out of HP flasks and you're already dead.

If the option to toggle it had to be added I would recommend at least making the red hue a permanent unchangeable feature.

pictures are not misleading
i play with 1 health(ES keeps me alive), so i can use low life uniques
Last edited by mrstrong on Feb 7, 2013, 6:03:44 PM
The pictures are only somewhat misleading, as someone who didn't know better would assume that the light radius decreases evenly between the two points you show, which is not that case. You only need to be below 35% for low life effects to occur, and at that point the radius hasn't decreased nearly as much as it would have if it decreased evenly. You have full light radius above 75% life, and it can't go below half radius until you get below 25% life - so a low life build can play at or near 35% while having notably more than half of the full-life radius. This was put in place specifically to help reduce the effect of the light radius for low-life builds.

We're implementing some new stuff to deal with light radius at the moment, and may look into changing this system somewhat, but in general, your light radius will decrease as you lose life.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 7, 2013, 11:11:59 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
loose

haha - even Devs arent immune I see. :D
GGG - Why you no?
Must... Not... Correct... SPELLING

GAH
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type