anyone else play grim dawn?

I loved grim dawn but i had to quit after 1 , 1 and a half maybe months of playing.
I dont like games where the legendary/unique items are top slot.
Also, this "play the same game" 5 times (difficulty bs) needs to stop. We are in 2016 ffs.
Oh, and despite being way less 1 mindless click-one skill game than poe, it still is mostly a one skill click.
Still it was worth every cent.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
I loved grim dawn but i had to quit after 1 , 1 and a half maybe months of playing.
I dont like games where the legendary/unique items are top slot.
Also, this "play the same game" 5 times (difficulty bs) needs to stop. We are in 2016 ffs.
Oh, and despite being way less 1 mindless click-one skill game than poe, it still is mostly a one skill click.
Still it was worth every cent.

I made a 0 skill click build..

It was super effective but pretty boring :\
Just recently, Grim Dawn had a milestone of 500k copies sold. Congratulation on Crate for making an awesome game. :)

In other news, Crate finally announced survival mode which will be know as Crucible mode. The pricing as not been determined yet and will probably be known by the DLC's release date later this summer. Those who kickstarted or supported the game via their website on May 18 2012 or prior to that (The actual detail is in the link on the bottom of the first post).

I was off by almost four months, so going to see how much it will be worth when it comes out.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 27, 2016, 3:27:59 PM
Just a random video I uploaded on my new YT account (old one got banned lols, flamed a Donald Trump hater really hard)

Nothing special, just a super boss run. And unlike most YTers, I don't edit the video when I git rekt. I was trying to pull one of the aether hulks without aggroing the entire room and failed miserably, then panicked, forgot I switched bars, then got stunned.

FYI this wasn't a "great" run, nor is this a god tier build or anything. The top tier builds with BiS gear drop that same boss in under 10 secs. I can't beat any of the nemesis spawns on Ultimate using this build. Got a bit of improvement to be had gear wise. The offhand, amulet, medal, and arguably the relic are BiS (some people prefer Iksandras relic, but I like Agrivix Malice for the % damage to aether mobs), the other slots could see big improvements.

Flashbang with searing light is hands down the best CC in the game. Its almost worth going demolitionist with any main class just for that alone. For a squishy build, that one skill alone will allow you to survive most fights you'd otherwise get instagibbed in.

Overall its a pretty solid ARPG. I think the game is technically harder to play than PoE. Let me put it this way, trash mobs can still hit you for thousands of damage. Like upwards of 3-4k. And a pack of them can shotgun you. We're talking reasonably tanky builds here being shotgunned and killed instantly by trash mobs. That doesn't happen in PoE. Even the almighty retaliation warder tank with 25K+ HP and bookoo resists can be shotgunned. The most I ever got hit for by 1 attack was 11500, which was a critical hit from Benn Jahr the Chthonic nemesis unwinnable fight for this character, if anyone played TQ, Benn Jahr is Gigantes Dactyl 2.0 with the wave attack spam and everything. Most builds can't beat a single one of the nemesis mobs on Ultimate, and only the best builds with BiS gear can beat most of them. Most people that hunt nemesis mobs have to specifically gear for those fights. Like Benn Jahr can immobilize you and wave spam you. Or worse, walk up and hit you with his jackhammer/arms which is what crit me for 11500. Ideally, you want 100% resist to being immobilized, and that's not an easy resist to get either. That and 80%+ chaos resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DlQxFuK5nw
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 2, 2016, 6:08:02 AM
finally did Edge Of Reality... and actually won!
holy fk what an epic fight, and that music... doesn't get much better than this.

@MrSmiley21 if the Nemesis spawns are hard, wait till you see what the "real" bosses of this game can do :)
still can't decide if I should try The Hidden Path... watches some videos and that thing at the end looks unbeatable. well, both things.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
finally did Edge Of Reality... and actually won!
holy fk what an epic fight, and that music... doesn't get much better than this.

@MrSmiley21 if the Nemesis spawns are hard, wait till you see what the "real" bosses of this game can do :)
still can't decide if I should try The Hidden Path... watches some videos and that thing at the end looks unbeatable. well, both things.

Avatar of Mogdrogen is the hardest fight in the game. The only weakness he has is to bleed damage. I suppose if someone was really dedicated they could beat him with a non-bleed build, but they'd have to be a god tier tank.

The hidden path bosses are a joke compared to the nemesis spawns. That's including the mad queen. The mad queen is easier for ranged builds though. But my blademaster who's in elite atm beat the Mad Queen but couldn't beat Benn Jahr. Fabius has pneumatic burst which is a % HP based heal. If you don't do enough DPS to beat his heal, you won't ever beat him. He's a DPS wall, you either got the DPS to beat him or you don't.

The people taking out nemesis spawns like fabius in 8 secs are using Time Dilation (devotion), which eliminates cooldowns for 8 secs when it procs (max level skill) to spam shadow strike repeatedly. That's the current Grim Dawn meta. My beef is they've nerfed quite a few things that aren't even an iota as OP as that, but have left the time dilation shadow strikers unscathed.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 2, 2016, 11:19:24 AM
hmm ok so maybe I should try the Hidden Path, if that thing is indeed easier compared to the Nemeses (didn't look like it in the videos... she was pretty much one-shooting a party of two).
also that final boss ("Sentinel"?) looks pretty tough.

I actually beat Fabius once, but it took some cheese tactics and a great deal of luck with the place he spawned in. could not repeat it yet.
still can't beat The Iron Maiden. she is the most crazy-overpowered Nemesis of them all in my opinion.

my crowning achievements right now are Edge Of Reality. most fun fight in the game.
that, and beating Mogdrogen...
on Normal with my almost-max-level Ultimate character. barely.
I dare say it is impossible to do it in Ultimate and borderline-impossible to do it in Elite.
literally cannot be done.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 2, 2016, 12:53:47 PM
Finally got around to playing it, picked occultist or w/e it's called and chose the familiar. When it attacks often it will choose a spot that has something blocking the path of its projectile and it will just sit there shooting at w/e is blocking it lol. Not a good first impression ><.
"
johnKeys wrote:
hmm ok so maybe I should try the Hidden Path, if that thing is indeed easier compared to the Nemeses (didn't look like it in the videos... she was pretty much one-shooting a party of two).
also that final boss ("Sentinel"?) looks pretty tough.

Here is my Mad Queen run on the same build I was using above. Mad Queen is only tough because she can heal truckloads of HP if you stay near her. I got really freaking lucky she dropped her claw too. Its BiS for a couple builds. Although Mad Queen is really hard for melee. I haven't done Mad Queen that much, and didn't even know she could get stuck on that rock until during that fight. If I could find a way to consistently keep her trapped on that rock, I could cut my run time down considerably. I played that fight really, really safe. Like super safe. One mistake would get me killed, or that bitch heals half her HP bar back if I get too greedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rR2e4plC7E&feature=youtu.be

I like what they did with grim dawn. You got all sorts of moves you can get from devotions, and even from gear that have a % chance to proc on hit, or crit, or by blocking, getting hit, etc. Some skills are itemized, just like in PoE with skill gems. Misc pieces of gear have procs, attack skills, buffs, even pets, as well as components you can place in gear that could give you extra skills as well. Most of the procs and skills have CDs on them though. Like those Thermite mines I was using, I linked Meteor Shower to them, has a 30% chance to proc on hit, with a 3.5 sec recharge. You can link skills like Meteor Shower to pets as well, so they got a % chance to proc them on hit.

Grim Dawn is one of the best single player ARPGs out there. Most POE players would like it. They actually took the Titan Quest model and improved on it.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 3, 2016, 8:22:34 AM
I Have questions before I try it maybe someone can answer

Is end game gated? Like you know here where to get a shot at Uber atziri you need to farm the vaal areas then arziri farm then maybe you get a shot. Its retarded so I just buy sets off people.

Whats the end game like anyway? Lame maps or unlimited difficulty like D3s rifts?

Can u play offline?

Do they have AH? What kind of trade tools do they have?

Is it a one shot fest like here? By That I mean I one shot everything no fights really. Not get one shot.

Thanks

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 6, 2016, 4:09:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info