desync vs exp penalty on death

"
silverdash wrote:

But I can guarantee that at least 90% of all desynchs can be 'controlled'

Its already an uncontrollable scenario once desync hits you because you are not able to do anything when desync happens, and desync plus hard hitters is nothing but fatal.

You can just "try" to avoid desync by not playing the whole delivered content of POE inclusive a lot of its **skills, plus you need to avoid specificly modded maps and boxes and you also need to avoid corridors, doorways and particular mobs, and of course particular bosses and specific **constellations of groups if you'd like to play with friends ...

... Did you notice something? :)
- Best Signature Ever -
"
Majmun wrote:
10% exp loss should be increased to 25% or more...
We all died beacuse of dsync, lag, boxes,..but 10% loss is not a big deal

Are you sane? Desync, lag and boses must take more than 10% of XP? Almost all deaths due to desync and lags and 10% even not enough for you? Then you must play only in hardcore and complain only that character goes to standart after death but not removed completely.

10% at high levels is huge, progress of several hours of farming high maps lost by desync or lag is crazy. The game is full of desyncs, desync is everywhere, you can hide from it, it will find you. People who yelling there is no desync, its all your fault are trolls, or who havent make it past Hillock or hired by GGG boys to calm the crowd
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
silverdash wrote:
I consider desynch annoying, but I also consider it to be an extra skill-requirement as you can mitigate it almost completely and even make it work to your advantage sometimes.

You do realize that, since the entire game really happens server-side, while desync only happens client-side it's quite literally impossible to make desync work to your advantage right?

Also, keep on blaming dem victims.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
"
Majmun wrote:
10% exp loss should be increased to 25% or more...
We all died beacuse of dsync, lag, boxes,..but 10% loss is not a big deal

Are you sane? Desync, lag and boses must take more than 10% of XP? Almost all deaths due to desync and lags and 10% even not enough for you? Then you must play only in hardcore and complain only that character goes to standart after death but not removed completely.

10% at high levels is huge, progress of several hours of farming high maps lost by desync or lag is crazy. The game is full of desyncs, desync is everywhere, you can hide from it, it will find you. People who yelling there is no desync, its all your fault are trolls, or who havent make it past Hillock or hired by GGG boys to calm the crowd

I was talking in general. If there's no dysnc, lag, freezes,... 30% exp loss would be ok actually...

I know how dying at high levels looks like due to dsync/lag and know the feeling...
I can't imagine how HC rip at +90lvl beacuse of lag/dsync/freeze feels like but I know that I'll never play HC untill this problems exist...
"
I would turn at least the flat and unproportional penalty ratio into a dynamic and proportional penalty ratio.

Percentage is by definition not flat and proportional.
"Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there."
- Qarl
"
Deankar wrote:
"
I would turn at least the flat and unproportional penalty ratio into a dynamic and proportional penalty ratio.

Percentage is by definition not flat and proportional.

For the context, it is :)
- Best Signature Ever -
Desynch sucks I agree 100%.

"

"
silverdash wrote:

But I can guarantee that at least 90% of all desynchs can be 'controlled'

Its already an uncontrollable scenario once desync hits you because you are not able to do anything when desync happens, and desync plus hard hitters is nothing but fatal.

Alt+f4 still works during a desynch and you are free to hit it anytime you notice your hp dropping when no mobs are hitting you and you are safe within ~40ms. You are even allowed to shortcut it. Alternatively you can hit your instant-heal pots+Granite+resist first while hitting the /oos shortcut and then still panic-button-out if required.
Yes getting desynched into a volatile giant skeleton (nerfed now but still hurts hard) just when it is about to die or getting desynched into Vaal's slam = instant death and you can't do anything about that? Yes you can! Because YOU chose to engage those mobs knowing that a single desynch can potentially kill you if you are really unlucky and yet you still did it. You took the gamble and failed the dice-roll.

"
Gobla wrote:
"
silverdash wrote:
I consider desynch annoying, but I also consider it to be an extra skill-requirement as you can mitigate it almost completely and even make it work to your advantage sometimes.

You do realize that, since the entire game really happens server-side, while desync only happens client-side it's quite literally impossible to make desync work to your advantage right?

Also, keep on blaming dem victims.

It was possible to explore the entire map without actually leaving the entrance thanks to desynch, among other applications. And this is client-side-data afaik. Hell, I could even skip an entire area and still use clickables. Fixed/Nerfed I believe.
Also desynch occurs for the full party. So all party-members are usually all desynched together. So it's not just on your PC and I even believe that /oos is shared between all party-members.
Desynching on purpose has/had it's purposes ;).

If you go melee Vaal, engage volatiles (with high dmg) or open un-id-ed chests or walk around in endgame with <2k hp (no ES) or chests with dangerous mods or engage the Necropolis boss/Igna/Magnus on Hardcore with damage/fleet mods and then die to a desynch during the battle, knowing that this game desynchs regularly then... I ... Am speechless... It's your own fault. Period. And most of the people that die to desynch did 'extremely stupid stuff' like that.
It goes well 999/1000 times but you just can't risk it! Desynch makes certain mobs, chests and mods OP and you gotta learn which ones. That's the extra learning curve.

The other 10% of the desynch deaths that I know about are chargers + desynch + insane damage/crit mods. Or those haku missions 76-78 and specific Beyond spawns that can instantly kill you when you desynch. Example: Beyond mobs spawn, casts several cyclone/etc stacked on one spot and you desynch right onto that spot and die instantly. Those are truly hard to control/avoid even with your panic-button and those deaths I understand.

"
"Most cases you simply got no control over your char when you die"

I state that people who say such things have no idea of how the game works because you almost (not always) always are in full control. It's your lack of experience, the bad gambles, your build and your slow reaction time that gets you killed.
Last edited by silverdash on Nov 18, 2014, 12:35:06 PM
Since this is the latest post regarding desync that I found, I'll just ask here: is desync still as bad as before ? I quit the game because of it and now with this new patch I might come back. Although if desync didn't change then I will spare myself the trouble.
^Don't bother. It's as bad as it was a year ago( if not worse )...

And to all the people here that - as always- say that 99% of the time you die to desync is because you did something stupid, your "smart" way of playing PoE is skipping half its content and builds (don't do this, don't open that, don't use this skills etc...)?!? Yeah right.

"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:
^Don't bother. It's as bad as it was a year ago( if not worse )...

And to all the people here that - as always- say that 99% of the time you die to desync is because you did something stupid, your "smart" way of playing PoE is skipping half its content and builds (don't do this, don't open that, don't use this skills etc...)?!? Yeah right.

Thanks for the info. So it seems they will never fix it Q_Q

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info