Canned Builds

"
aura0000 wrote:
Well, I made it to level 91. I now have basically the same stats but have bumped my dps up to 59k-70k dps (from 43-50).

The other point of this thread is that I don't want to use or read about canned builds. To me, playing the game should be about experiencing the game and not about getting though it on someone else's back. So, your suggestions regarding that maybe I should change my build to a canned build are not welcome. There are many optional attacks and, imo, they should all be viable. So, switching to reeve instead of using double strike, frenzy or heavy strike should not be the option that requires success in this game.

Another thing that I would really like to see is: Better playability for the solo player.

Sooooo... in other words : you don't want to improve your build by using a build optimized by other players but yet you're asking the content to be brought down to your build's level (aka nothing hitting over 3,6k at once)?

I'm sorry, but are you being serious? Running all the content without dying usually requires an optimized build, and even then you'll occasionally get gibbed (RNG happens). If you don't want to optimize your build because it's not your way of playing, that's all fine but then don't expect to run the highest level content... Fair and square?
This a "Feedback" thread!

I oppose the idea of "canned builds" being the general solution, they should be a guide only for those who don't want to experience the game.

Some of you say that my build is a "failed build." Well, IMO, it is not because it is beyond Level 91. If by definition, you guys think that being in the "top 2600" of Rampage is a failed build, then you have made my point for me, id est that the few canned builds (in comparison to the number of characters) are the only solution to this game, which furthermore, IMO extends logically to your opinion being that therefore PoE is a failed game from a mechanical perspective. My thread suggests this possibility and that the direction that PoE may be taking is in this direction. And GGG's solution may be that is the reason that it continues to screw around with the Passive Tree to make the game more interesting and to create a whole new set of canned builds.

n.b. See my thread regarding RNG.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
What are you talking about bro? Top rampage? Do you want people here to help you or is everything just fine? You sound like you know what to do better than everyone else yet it also sounds like you have some issues with the game, ehm.
"
torturo wrote:

I have a hybrid(aka blender) duelist of my own, similar to your lvl/defence/offence stats, except he's at 5.7k, 6.1k before HP nerf. I never ever died to physical damage with him and if I do, I'll respec immediately. Dying to heavy ele damage is my hobby, I live with it.

It's you, sorry. Rework, or don't touch high level content.

You see, OP, what you're supposed to do in this situation is just pay for the Kaom's or high-roller gear that will boost your HP up to levels as inflated as your DPS. It's futile to expect balance in a game whose combat engine is unconstrained and out of control. Either pony up or get off the roller coaster.
"
What are you talking about bro? Top rampage? Do you want people here to help you or is everything just fine? You sound like you know what to do better than everyone else yet it also sounds like you have some issues with the game, ehm.

This is a feedback thread, not a help thread. No, I'm not asking for help from the community. And I'm not saying I know anything better than the community.

I'm not trying to be the top either. I'm only trying to be in the game and have fun. I'm making comments to GGG and the community about the game. If you think the comments are unfair to the game, then respond but do it in the vein of the thread. If you think the comments are fair about the game then ditto.

Should the huge majority of the content of the game be available for play at all levels to the top .01% only or should it be available to a larger percentage and what percent? 5%, 10%, 15%? Do you think that a character that has reached the level that I have should have access to more content and be able to level higher. e.g. GGG made an entire league, with all this Atziri hype, that way less than 1% could even access; and then it rolled it into standard. Then we had the "masters" leagues, Rampage and Beyond, that pretty much forced people into partying in order to attain level 8 masters, which I'm sure that a lot of people did and more than 1% of the players, this was attainable; however, in the meantime GGG screwed around with all the map bosses so that more than 99.9% of the players can't defeat a boss that they could before without dying and losing that ridiculous 10% hp for their or GGG's failure (lag bugs, etc.) -- so, players just avoid those bosses. In other words, has the game just generated into the few canned builds that can be a success? In my opinion I don't think that the game should only be for those few "canned builds." And the comments related to remaking my build in the direction of a canned build are not in the vein of this thread.

As an example: Just over 100 characters made 8/8 challenges and just over 1k make 5/8, which I am one of those. I don't have any problem whatsoever with the percentages that made either 5/8 or 8/8. I only have a problem with the ridiculously small number of canned builds that can access the game content and I think that more builds should have access to it.

The last Passive Tree fixed the lack of accuracy that was omitted in the Strength/Dexterity areas of the previous tree for my build. However, it took out a lot of 10's (dexterity and strength) from the pathways to get to rings that I wanted to use, resulting in the lowering of my dexterity, strength and intelligence. without adding any passive points to compensate for what was lost. And my character/build is a lot better than it ever was, allowing me to go higher up the ladder without resorting to a canned build. But now that I'm higher should I be able to even go higher and access more content or am I at my limit and then have to resort to a canned build to rise further?

And it has been stated that my hp is too low: There are other stats that offset hard HP, e.g. leech, life regen, life on hit and block. And with a high dps, leech % is the same but the amount is huge. In order to offset this higher DPS I added a 2nd CWDT and I increased my block. And my success is much better than previously.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info