Canned Builds

Yeah, I know how you feel, I'm mostly playing melee myself. However, I know what that means, I know what will happen if I don't strictly follow the melee checklist and I'm fine with that, did it on purpose so everything that follows is solely my fault.

If you think PoE is brutal to melees, try playing Soulvizier mod for TQ, that's quite an eye opener.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
edit: Ok I'm stupid and didn't read what boss he fought.

Anyways, your build seems like it's really bad. I think there's a sword and board reave build in the forums with decent block, 40k DPS and 6k life, maybe you should switch to that. Lvl 75+ (or is it 76+?) maps got buffed exactly because GGG doesn't want people with bad builds/gear to safely do these.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Nov 15, 2014, 5:18:16 AM
I typically avoid l2p comments, but it's you that did it bad.

First, this bitch is a well known hard hitter that curses with vuln to make it even more hairy.
Nothing new about her, she wasn't changed, or buffed (besides the slight increase in difficulty that concerns all of the content). You had to know she two-hits, there can't be a screen warning about that. Or had to run away straight after the first hit.

Second, you can't wave around in a 76 map at 3.5k HP as a melee and expect it different. Secondary defences mean nothing when a hp pool high enough to absorb the incoming damage is out of the equation. I don't know any single (a)RPG, where secondary defences are able to compensate a low life pool at high difficulties, though these defences could be sometimes much more reliable, than is, let's say, armor in PoE.

Third, the build you consider "good" is obviously an epic fail. You have no right to die to physical damage with a build, designed to avoid and/or mitigate exactly the type of damage you died from.

I have a hybrid(aka blender) duelist of my own, similar to your lvl/defence/offence stats, except he's at 5.7k, 6.1k before HP nerf. I never ever died to physical damage with him and if I do, I'll respec immediately. Dying to heavy ele damage is my hobby, I live with it.

It's you, sorry. Rework, or don't touch high level content.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 15, 2014, 5:24:57 AM
Was any boss changed/buffed (apart from Brutus and Merveil)?

I noticed some Invasion dudes walking around suddenly in the regular game, and some of them are quite annoying (this goat shaman dude right after Brutus is twice as strong as Brutus, which is a bit weird considering one is a middle act boss and the other a random idiot).
But that's in the regular game.

In maps, I so far haven't noticed any changes.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
aura0000 wrote:
One of the points I was trying to make was that I don't know the bosses any more, especially at the higher levels. They're very different. Sure, I have no problem killing her. I just didn't expect her to be different.

And if every new league is like this one and the bosses and their damage is so different or now you need to carry a flask where before you didn't, ...

What are you talking about? Precinct boss is exactly the same as it was more than a year ago.

Unless you confused Precinct with some other map
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
patch notes 1.2 :
"
Higher level maps are now slightly harder than before.

under balance section http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/998489
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Finally monsters need enrage to stop the IMBA max blocker/max spell blocker, and over max resisters from trivializing content. After some time - they ignore half your block and resists so you can just play turtle must bring some DPS to table too.
What you propose is instadeath to ANY build. Well except maybe MegaCritDpsWithAtziriGloves.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Well, I made it to level 91. I now have basically the same stats but have bumped my dps up to 59k-70k dps (from 43-50).

The other point of this thread is that I don't want to use or read about canned builds. To me, playing the game should be about experiencing the game and not about getting though it on someone else's back. So, your suggestions regarding that maybe I should change my build to a canned build are not welcome. There are many optional attacks and, imo, they should all be viable. So, switching to reeve instead of using double strike, frenzy or heavy strike should not be the option that requires success in this game.

Another thing that I would really like to see is: Better playability for the solo player.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
"
aura0000 wrote:
...I don't want to use or read about canned builds...

Maybe a little OT to the discussion, but at least according to the thread topic:
Why do people say that? I guess a canned build is one for which a guide exists. Assuming you don't slavishly follow every aspect of the guide, what is wrong with playing one of them? The person who wrote the guide (mostly) did so precisely because he had a great time with the build. So it is fun to play and that is the most important aspect of the game, to me at least.

If you really can create a
- totally different build
- which works in high level maps
- and is fun to play
that's great for you. But don't rag on people who just want to have a good time without juggling spreadsheets first.
There are soooo many threads of people complaining about some OP monster or other which could be avoided if they read more build guides and took ideas from there. And then you'll find that what you combined into a seemingly new build is probably described quite well in another guide :)

So I think the whole idea of "my build is totally original" is overrated and in most cases also simply incorrect.
Anyway, not a QQ, just saw this kind of comment too often lately.

Have fun in wraeclast,
T
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Wow yeah, its a block qq thread.

Its sad but making a game designed around economy and fully randomized drops much better for solo might not be feasible. FM expansion did much for solo but I dunno what more can actually be done. Also coop is one of the things that brought me personally to POE. It is much better overall than in some other games in this genre. Which also have an easier environnement for solo.

I see you like to do things your own way, but maybe this particular attempt has failed? I see nothing bad in taking some common defence but uncommon offence or vice versa btw. This game is complex, perhaps too complex for making something of your own and not like others the casual way. It is supposed to be hard, and people are not supposed to just faceroll everything with any build they came up with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info