Canned Builds

Speaking out:

A new league is coming soon. My past experience with the 3 previous leagues is that the bosses are way over powered and will be toned down after a number of complaints.

I don't play a canned build and I don't want to play a canned build. I want to try and have been trying to experience your game without playing a canned build. I've been successful in my opinion. Regarding the last league and the massive amount of time I've spent on trying to level masters, I've not spent much time playing high level maps. Now I am experiencing massive frustration there, e.g. where the precinct boss was relatively easy before, I'm totally unprepared for this new version that can 2-hit my much better build than ever before. But so much was changed in this last expansion!

It seems that more and more of your game is designed for the party of 6. I really would like to play a fair percentage of the game solo also; but experience and a lot of quests are basically impossible to achieve in a fair amount of time solo or without a canned build.

After a hard day at the office, I'd like to be able to sit back and play your game as I unwind. A suggestion might be that mods to maps do not include bosses as some mods relate already to bosses and bosses are extremely overpowered already. I say overpowered when it requires you to be 10+ levels over your ability to finish a map and then have the power to also defeat the boss (some bosses require many more than 10 levels).

It's just not an enjoyable game for me any more. I am level 90 with 5 completed challenges for Rampage. I'm a duelist (my own design) sword and board with 42-49k dps, 13k armor, 75+ res, 49 block, 21% evade, 56% mitigation, 91% accuracy, 3.6k hp, -35% sword block.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I laugh every time someone asks me, "What build are you?". The answer is, "Top Secret".
tl;dr version: precinct boss killed me, i quit
OP, all those impressive numbers and no topaz flask?

E:
You know the map boss and you know what mods are therefore very dangerous or a no-no. Rerol the map or run it with some other char. eg.: Lady Stormflay + EVA char = joke
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Nov 14, 2014, 7:29:53 PM
"
My past experience with the 3 previous leagues is that the bosses are way over powered and will be toned down after a number of complaints.

I feel complete opposite. Damage needs to be buffed and not only that monster HP increased by an order of magnitude to stop all the one shots of bosses. Should be a fight where dodging, flasks, movement come into effect on success not trivial.

Finally monsters need enrage to stop the IMBA max blocker/max spell blocker, and over max resisters from trivializing content. After some time - they ignore half your block and resists so you can just play turtle must bring some DPS to table too.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 14, 2014, 7:59:18 PM
One of the points I was trying to make was that I don't know the bosses any more, especially at the higher levels. They're very different. Sure, I have no problem killing her. I just didn't expect her to be different.

And if every new league is like this one and the bosses and their damage is so different or now you need to carry a flask where before you didn't, etc. It's just not fun for me any more. The point being is that you're supposed to learn by experience and the experience isn't valuable enough when they change the monsters, bosses, crates, mod rng's etc. It's just not fun for me to have to figure out all that all over again.
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
I don't think she was buffed this league or anything (maybe I am wrong). Its just the nature of the game that every now and then the stars will line up and you will get kicked in the nuts by something that seemed harmless before because it critted you or got good rolls and maybe some map mods lines up against you (also she casts vulnerability on you) etc.

Think about the people in HC leagues who have the tankiest chars you can possibly build, even cookiecutter canned builds (sometimes even sacrificing massive dps), skip all bosses and still end up dieing to bad situations etc.
There comes a point in time as you level that some bosses become easy, some become doable and some aren't as tough as before but they're still not doable for your particular build in a solo map.

It just pisses me off that as of level 87 this particular boss was easy in three leagues and standard for my particular build: My char 100: boss 0. Also, I've noticed that sometimes (my aps is 9.8) that my attack speed will fluctuated in a solo map (bug?). And I'm sick and tired of dieing and the consequences thereof and the extreme difficulty to regain that 10%.

A previous post, a guy feels (troll?) that my complaints are out of line because he "feels" ... and obviously doesn't read the patch notes that in every single league the boss-monster problem surfaces and is extremely nerfed.

This Rampage league has seen patches that have fixed bugs, serious bugs (imo) that have been around for a year.

And the bottom line is: I'm entitled to my opinion that this game is just not fun any more for me in its current state. A solution would be for me to choose a canned build and play the game; however, I don't want to play a canned build. I want to be able to learn and experience and progress; and that is fun for me. And I really enjoyed the Masters part of the game even though it got very repetitive and boring at the end. And yes, HC would be great if you could rely on a smooth game in some form or another; but, imo, you can't.

Also, it's not just one thing; but this is the latest straw that may have broken the camel's back.
Well taking a second look at the stats you posted from your build it does seem to be the kind of build that will run into these situations. High (relatively speaking) dps with good block a decent chunk of evade and armor (armor is widely known to mitigate poorly against big hits and do nothing for the ele side of thunder strike) and very low hp. Basically a build that kills fast and can tank well until you die outright to 1-2 shot from a strong mob.

Does not make sense to me that you sound stubborn in sticking by your build (thats fine) but then blame the game for its shortcomings, but like you said you are entitled to your opinion.
Last edited by Splift on Nov 15, 2014, 2:32:40 AM
Shock and Horror killed him
~post bosses are OP
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info