Hack discussion

"
tole wrote:
well i mean couldn't they have a back log looking for anomalies in certain fields like game times, occurring, items or something along that matter?

-tole

Every "common" MMO should have logs like that. Actually that's probably the most commonly used way of detecting that something was messed with. Everything leaves an anomaly somewhere, you just need to find it.
Though what zSmite said, everything that human made, human can solve and bypass.
Last edited by Nuzzgrumble on Oct 24, 2011, 9:15:52 AM
unfortunately theres always a hole in something that allows hackers to gain an advantage, but what can be done? people need to be more vigilant and just either report said people, or hope that something stops them lol.

hopefully it doesnt run rampant in this game, would be a shame
I don't think there will be a lot of hacking in this game because of the non-monetary economy. People can still find ways to make uber weapons, but there would be no profit in it. At least you won't have to worry about gold and power leveling spammers (I hope).

I like cheating in games, but I would never do it in a multiplayer game. I'm playing Icewind Dale II for the 5th time right now because I just found out there's cheats LOL
Hacks ruin the game
Spoiler
:<<<
even so, in this game your could dupe orbs and stuff and sell them. im sure there would be a market for them

-tole
ok zSmite, i give up why is diablo3 already failed? not a smart @$$ question either just wondering what your thots are. seems like you have some sort of history with blizzard or have worked with them in some other way, so just wanting another perspective on it more than anything else. im still on the fence about it myself, im fairly new to this style of game since i never played d2(yep ive been pc gaming for 20+ yrs just never got around to it and i dont know why really, i think it was because i was playing balders gate, icewind dale, starcraft and everthing else that was out around that time instead) and just recently started playing torchlight; talk about a game thats been hacked but they said they wanted it to be mod-able from the get go. anyway, just thot id ask.
I just hope they don't hack too much, but that being said, I think there will be a few hacks.
Hmm... What should I write here?
fuck hackers gimmie a beta key yall already have one and spend you time writing fucking books in the forums when you should be plyin the damn game....assholes
"
hawk_stringz wrote:
fuck hackers gimmie a beta key yall already have one and spend you time writing fucking books in the forums when you should be plyin the damn game....assholes

lol doesnt know what beta is for
"
hawk_stringz wrote:
Aren't you the guy who said he got an invite and played the beta, but decided to give his account away and create a new one, then bitch about not getting a beta key?

EDIT: *Checks posts... Yup, you're that guy.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Oct 24, 2011, 10:40:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info