{1.3} Hasty's flexible Phys-Crit-Spectral Throw [Discontinued]

It's still my favourite char on standard and i need a few more regrets and a but more currency to buy a 300+ dps dagger, then ill respec my torment ranger to ST.

Of those three, unless you need the res form the third, crest of perandus will be the best choice. Aegis doesn't really benefit this build in any way besides nice max cold res.
WTB List: - Shrubbery, only the best!; Mirror - wooden frame - 90x50cm
"
SchwarzeSonne wrote:
It's still my favourite char on standard and i need a few more regrets and a but more currency to buy a 300+ dps dagger, then ill respec my torment ranger to ST.

Of those three, unless you need the res form the third, crest of perandus will be the best choice. Aegis doesn't really benefit this build in any way besides nice max cold res.

Really? I'm not having any issues with life steal though I was thinking about swapping out the aurora for a tri res high evasion +life shield?

How much life steal % should I aim for?
I can't give an exact answer to this, but with the 40% effectiveness from vaal pact, i wouldn't aim for under 6%.
Without a mirrored dagger I cannot encourge using vaal pact with the pyhsical to lightning gem. The 50% conversion + vaal pact fucks up life leech from pyhs dmg (w/o LL gem) big time.

I personally would scrap the perandus shield from my setup and use a nice rare shield and a Belly or Daresso's.
so in the end what helm? are we suppose to use? abbysus or rat nest confused..
@King_Fed0 It comes down to personal preference, really. I use Rat's Nest because the crit and IAS are awesome and since I dont have a 8.90+ crit dagger, its essential to gettting me crit capped.
Abyssus dmg boost is umatched, but with this build being rather squishy to begin with, the chance of getting one-shot from pyhs dmg in higher lvl maps increase a lot. Also the relfect that gets past evasion/dodge hurts alot more and I find it hard to get the strenght to use it from gear alone(Ihate spending passives on attributes).

So, after seeing Mathil doing a pretty nice Uber run with a very similiar build I reconsidered using Vaal Pact and finally dropped it to - in my case - reclaim Ondar's Guile.
I also dropped Crest of Peradnus for a random rare shield - easily upgradable - to use a better ring
which gets me to 90% chance to hit and 28k dps at 5 charges + auras. This change makes the build very modular chest wise, I can now run Daresso's, Belly or any Rare as I please ( if I had them ofc xD).
Also, some time ago, I want back to the original ICD+PCoC setup because to me, it feels the most natural. 7% life leech and 4% mana leech (more than enough w/o VP) and 4k life.
I aim to get to 95 and grab the Finesse node as final change to the tree.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Current tree:
Last edited by SchwarzeSonne on Jan 26, 2015, 9:20:39 AM
So I am using this build atm and it is really good at the moment. I just hit lvl 75 and could finally finish equipping my char.

Here is my Gear

My current passive tree

My DPS is at 22.324,3 DPS with 4,7 attacks per second, 93,3% crit chance and 92% chance to hit
With Atzii Flask 27012,2 DPS and with Vaal haste and atziri flask 30.617,6 DPS
I am at 2899 Life at the moment only with 8701/48% Evasion
Hey man.

Honestly, Unless you got Acuity and a Loath Bane/ Honour Etcher, you can pretty much trash this build.

I recently respecced my 98 shadow form KB Wander to Spec Throw, and its miserable. I tried a CoE version, the way my wander was built, and was able to achieve 26k with ST-LL-PCOC-WED-LMP-FA and Vaal Pact, 5k HP with a Belly.
First of w/o insta leech, you have to spec massively into evasion and dodge, which will be at the cost of Dps and HP. Most Dps will be achieved with CoE + Spell dmg shield, but you will loose the ranger proj speed node, which imo is a huge deal, as range is decreased by alot and you have to get way too close to shit.

So long story short:
KB Wander with 30 ex Wand had 32k GMP dps, best leech performance cus much more ele for LL gem.
ST with 30 ex dagger was 26k LMP dps, horrible range and terrible AoE clear and overall feels much much weaker than KB. Also, Its much harder to cap crit with ST unless you really got high end gear. The only real advantage is the higher attack speed that provides much better leech consistency vs single targets.

-> Even if you got Acuity and a mirrored ambusher, I'd go Low Life. Its basically a waste of resources to make a Life based version with that level of gear. Otherwise, invest in a Wander char. Its 3x as good at the same investment.

Don't get my wrong, I still love ST to death, but in the current state, Life Based scales comparably bad.
Last edited by SchwarzeSonne on Jun 20, 2015, 10:29:51 AM
"
SchwarzeSonne wrote:
Hey man.

Spoiler
Honestly, Unless you got Acuity and a Loath Bane/ Honour Etcher, you can pretty much trash this build.

I recently respecced my 98 shadow form KB Wander to Spec Throw, and its miserable. I tried a CoE version, the way my wander was built, and was able to achieve 26k with ST-LL-PCOC-WED-LMP-FA and Vaal Pact, 5k HP with a Belly.
First of w/o insta leech, you have to spec massively into evasion and dodge, which will be at the cost of Dps and HP. Most Dps will be achieved with CoE + Spell dmg shield, but you will loose the ranger proj speed node, which imo is a huge deal, as range is decreased by alot and you have to get way too close to shit.

So long story short:
KB Wander with 30 ex Wand had 32k GMP dps, best leech performance cus much more ele for LL gem.
ST with 30 ex dagger was 26k LMP dps, horrible range and terrible AoE clear and overall feels much much weaker than KB. Also, Its much harder to cap crit with ST unless you really got high end gear. The only real advantage is the higher attack speed that provides much better leech consistency vs single targets.

-> Even if you got Acuity and a mirrored ambusher, I'd go Low Life. Its basically a waste of resources to make a Life based version with that level of gear. Otherwise, invest in a Wander char. Its 3x as good at the same investment.

Don't get my wrong, I still love ST to death, but in the current state, Life Based scales comparably bad.

It's true, build received enormous amount of nerf-hate from devs

I pushed it to 100 lately, life is much stronger than it looks, 7.6k life with this build was better than 7.6k ES, I had 1-2 deaths for last 5 levels, and gear is good for other builds too, especially when Awakening will go live.
Life phys. version will be also stronger in 2.0 because of blood rage, ambusher retro-nerf and leech changes. (also if anyone cannot afford good daggers then, easier to self-craft phys. claws will be a thing)

For current version bows will beat wand and a dagger with the same amount of ex spent on build, but for a strong, universal build that can do any map mod any level with some MF and a decent clearspeed it's still good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info