{1.3} Hasty's flexible Phys-Crit-Spectral Throw [Discontinued]

Hi there!

This is my variation of the popular phys. - crit. - Spectral Throw build(s).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this point I should mention that this is no beginner's guide nor a suggestion/ explanation on how to start this or other builds.
If you are new to this build's idea, please refer to this guide instead: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880048 by Dmillz

I might do a Leveling Guide in the near future...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have played this build all Rampage long and still do to this day - and it's been helluva ride :)
I tried most everything gem wise and gear wise, I have played with Vaal Pact for a long time and it's absolutely viable if you like to run it.

Atziri viable?
- yes, comparable with tornado shot capabilities (Mathil even did Uber with his very similiar build version:

HC viable?
- yes, though that's ranger only and would probably mean sacrificing 5-7k dps in favour of defense.

1.3 updated lvl 93 tree:

You can start as Shadow, Ranger or Scion. Shadow is balanced, Ranger gets most HP but bit less damage, Scion can get most damage.

Gem setup:
Spoiler

First of, I don't think there is a truly ideal setup, since each feels and plays out different. I you want the most DPS, you can go with the Physical to Lightning combo, if you want to be independent from Mana you can use Blood Magic. If you feel the need to add another offensive Skill, you can use PCoC. These however are all designed for a 6L. That doesn't mean the build won't work with a 5L, it works perfectly fine, but it will feel quite a bit weaker or at least incomplete.

6L: ST + LMP + Faster Attacks + Phys. Proj. Atk. Dmg. + PCoC + Incr. Cit. Dmg. (leaves room for Strong Single Target/ Boss killer)
or
6L: ST + LMP + Faster Attacks + Phys. Proj. Atk. Dmg. + Blood Magic + Incr. Crit. Dmg (Most Comfortable)
or
!!! Physical to Lightning + WED makes you vulnerable to ELE REFLECT and halve your Leech !!!
6L: ST + LMP + Faster Attacks + Phys. Proj. Atk. Dmg. + Pyhscal to Lighning + WED (<- Most DPS)

4L: ST + GMP + Incr. Accuracy + PCoC
or
4L: Double Strike + Multistrike + Melee Phys. + Incr. Crit. Dmg.
or
4L: Red Mana + Herlad of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark

The rest is up to personal preferences, though some kind of CWDT + Immortal Call setup is highly recommended. I'm one of those weird persons who don't mind self casting Curses or even use, in my case, as whole 4L i.e to gain charges. Still, the HoT + Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark would be really nice for this build, too.

My gear:

Generally you want a Dagger with high Crit and high Attack Speed, high phys dmg or phys + flat lightning dmg. Try to get as much Accuracy as possible and mac out your crit chance. Stack life - pretty self explanatory. Leech of any kind is always nice. For the chest u can use any rare or Daresso's or a Belly or even a Lightning Coil (needs bit different tree tho). I personally prefer Rat's Nest as head gear, though Abyssus can work just as well.

Spoiler

My current stats:
Spoiler

4k HP, 95% capped crit chance with 5 PC up, 90% cance to hit, just my evasion's a bit too low^^

SCREENS BELOW ARE OUTDATED :D ( they were taken using the Pyhs to Light + WED setup)

DPS in town:
Spoiler

Auras + 5 PC:
Spoiler

LMP Max DPS (w/ Atziri Flask):
Spoiler

Singe target max DPS (w/ Atziri Flask):
Spoiler

For the math-o-philes among you, here's the calculation I relied on when i went to respec for VP:
Spoiler

"
Alright, here's the math:

Average hit size (physical damage only):
740.5 non crit (10.5%)
5,953.6 crit (89.5%)

Average physical damage per hit: 5,406.2

Current leech:
7% * 5406.2 = 378 life restored over 0.475s @ 794.4 life/s
This is your current healing rate.

Vaal Pact leech:
2.8% * 5406.2 = 151.4 life restored instantly @ 4.8 attacks/s * 2 hits = 1453 life/s. (1 hit = 726.7 life restored/s)
This is assuming the projectile hits the target twice. This is also on a per target basis.

The math indicates that you will heal about 83% faster with Vaal Pact, against single targets. Will be faster for groups.

This was done by zSavage, many thanks to you mate!

Videos:
Spoiler

Thanks to MildorDArkehn, there's a recent video of the build in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6inmJGHnoo
Here's a crappy old vid of me doing Dominus back in Ramapge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d94cRpvP9K0

!! This is no 500ex super OP build. You can always gear up better, but let's face it, this will never have the same potential as LL Spec Throw, but whatevs!!

Of course, this is no perfect gearing and setup, nor do I claim this to be the best or ideal version of such a build, it's just what I came up with along the way.

Good day ! :3

CREDITS

Dmillz - relied on his build for a long time
zSavage - reassurance on "the numbers"
WTB List: - Shrubbery, only the best!; Mirror - wooden frame - 90x50cm
Last edited by SchwarzeSonne on Jun 20, 2015, 10:10:02 AM
FYI: That's double strike, not dual strike
Oh my, it was kinda late when I wrote that xD
Last edited by SchwarzeSonne on Nov 7, 2014, 4:25:01 PM

This is my DPS at level 86, my gear

How am I missing 20k dps? This is my DPS WITHOUT charges
Last edited by Turenbi on Nov 8, 2014, 4:11:44 AM
Hmm. Have you taken the Heartseeker passive yet?
I get ~ 5k dps from my 5 charges (my pictures are with charges up ofc), then having all gems at 20/20 will be another 5k at least i guess( + lvl 21 on spec throw alone gives another 1k). A second diamond ring and the 6 passive difference will be another like 2 or 3k. And finally the Dagger, from a certain point onward, the weapon will be what min-maxes builds like this.
Your 11k (16k with charges) are/ will be absolutely enough for the regular build. I think if its gets higher than 13 or 15k, you won't notice any difference in clear speed. It does matter how ever for Vaal Pact, cus simply spoken, the higher your damage the higher the leech.
my current tree http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EsQW1Bx4OSBGWFSAWvx9BI_Yk_SaVKgsqOCpNLOEs6TBxMHw1kjY9OJY6Qj8nRwZJUUp9SshLeExgTZJRR1HZVUtW9Vb6XPld8mHiYqxjQ2RaZ6BsjG1sbqpwUnBWcNV9dX3jfyuHdonTjAuMNo19jb-OipAblS6VZpfQmhOdqqLZo4qmf6c0qW6sZrCSsNixs7VItfK3F7k-uXy748Si037UI9h22L3bbtvU3Q3dqOJe51TndOjW7LDtQe4O73rw1fLh8-r2_PzF_rr_k__e
Right, the tree's fine. Then it's pretty much down to what I mentioned before. There a little bits here an there. like the rolls of Rat's Nest or Maligaoros, that add to the tooltip dps as well. I'm pretty sure that when you get the 6th link, all gems to 20/20 and a couple more passives you'll be at 20k-25k, which would be perfectly fine.
In any case I need to ask, how is it working out at the moment? The calculation was made with 29k, so I have no idea how VP performs below that xD Is it going well?
Last edited by SchwarzeSonne on Nov 8, 2014, 8:01:42 AM
Yea I have no issue with it
Well that's awesome. Might mean that Vaal Pact is the better way to go with crit ST :D
You spent 6-7ex on your gear? Self-crafted a 360 dps dagger for under 1 ex? Lol, u suck, brah. I could get all your gear, including the 6L and all lvl21 gems for under 5ex easily. Learn how 2 trade, craft and corrupt, plz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info