Corrupted Uniques Reducing Level Requirements --> LLD O_o

I heard today, as well as noticing on my own, that some uniques (rings and amulets mostly) can have their level requirements reduced upon corruption.

Through third person information, I heard someone is apparently using a Lori's Lantern ring in LLD. The corruption reduced the level requirement from 30 to 5.

I don't want to name this person, since I can't confirm it and haven't seen it myself, but I thought you guys should be aware, in case it's true.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Nov 3, 2014, 9:45:04 PM
It is indeed possible, i've seen those kind of corruption myself but never on weapon or armor.
"
IceDeal wrote:
It is indeed possible, i've seen those kind of corruption myself but never on weapon or armor.

Anything significant or potentially OP, like a Lori's Lantern?
Only works on Belts, Rings, Amulets. This is because the item is one stat: the implicit. So the level req goes off the implicit. Things like armours and weapons, the level req goes off of the damage or base, not implicit.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Nov 3, 2014, 11:51:43 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
Only works on Belts, Rings, Amulets. This is because the item is one stat: the implicit. So the level req goes off the implicit. Things like armours and weapons, the level req goes off of the damage or base, not implicit.

Wouldn't it be considered a bug though, if Lori's Lantern could be used in LLD?
I only know of 2 such items, and have both. Don't think any of them is OP ...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

@Greendude - works on quiver's too, but currently there are no unique quivers where it would apply. (corrupted pene quiver on rampage - http://poe.trade/search/uromkeomitazur)

The real tragedy is it doesn't work on Drillneck :/

edit:

The way I think it works is unique mods are handled the same way as normal mods listed on the site - they all have a level associated, and then the level of the unique item is decided by max(implicit, all other mods) ... Drillneck for example probably has a mod thats raising the level to 36, so it doesn't matter if you get rid of the implicit by corrupting it

Lori's Lantern on the other side has low level mods, and the implicit is raising it above level 28, if you get rid of the implicit you are lowering the cap.
Last edited by dzordzo on Nov 4, 2014, 8:12:04 AM
If anything this adds another layer of depth and customizationto an otherwise limited pvp lvl. I think you guys should embrace it and use it to create new builds and upgrade your existing ones.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
A corrupted anvil would be pretty broken in LLD. It's an amulet so I'm assuming it's possible since I've seen others lose their requirements.

Other possible uniques...

Belts: Sunblast, Immortal Flesh, Doryani's Invitation, Auxium.

Rings: Shavronne's Revelation, Death Rush, Romira's Banquet, Ming's Heart.

How is this not broken?

Lori's Lantern mods seem quite strong for a low life caster.

10% to all Elemental Resistances
(6 to 8)% increased Movement Speed when on Low Life
31% increased Light Radius
+(20 to 25)% Chaos Resistance when on Low Life
While on Low Life, Enemies are Unlucky when Damaging you

The movespeed and chaos res is quite significant. They are both hard to stack in LLD. Rolling hits twice also gives a nice reduction in damage. I can't see how this is intended to be used in LLD.
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Nov 4, 2014, 8:57:22 AM
As I understand it only works for items that have a high level requirement due to the implicit (+to all ele resists for example in the prismatic ring case) that are corrupted to lose the implicit. So I don't think it would work for the anvil as the amber amulet implicit is not what is determining it's level requirement.

It should probably work for the taming and void eye (would be 100% useless :) as well if I am right. But not sure as it "should" have worked for drillneck as well but it don't.

I think it is mostly a cool thing and not in it's current state specially broken or anything.
Last edited by Grildrak on Nov 4, 2014, 9:15:48 AM
I guess Lori's Lantern isn't particularly OP. If it helps casters remain a little more competitive, I guess that's a good thing.

I just didn't want to see, in order for people to remain competitive, corrupted high level uniques having to be used.

Corrupted Ming's for example would be pretty broken but also expensive as f*ck, since pretty much no one stacks chaos res or goes CI in LLD.
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Nov 4, 2014, 9:52:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info