Death's Harp tornado shot is OP

it is the same GGG that created Crown of Terribalance and claimed that 'Blood Magic is in the best place ever' etc

im pretty sure that people at GGG balance screwed this 'bow patch' pretty much because a) bows didnt really need anything b) ANY of several changes introduced would have been enough c) they did horrible blunders in the past and this bow/crit one isnt the biggest..

the more people talk about it, the more people can play it and in the end - force ggg to simply fix the stuff they broke. buffing bows with +50% crit implicit was one of the worst balance decisions in poe history. second to gems like CoE, Soul Taker and Acuity
"
Boem wrote:
Shamelessly cropped...

All i know is a lot of people are pretending GGG doesn't know about this, while they are the ones implementing it and it has been thoroughly brought up on the forums in far better detailed threads then this one.

You don't think they intended this patch to be crit/bow meta patch? Seriously?

You also think they are gonna keep it as is?.... just enjoy the ride and roll with the dice given, pretty soon the dice will change and you can roll again.

If you think about it, crit was bonkers from day one. Way back it was just harder to pull off, but personally I can't remember it ever being a waste of time. Other stuff might have its ups and downs but never crit.

If they know about it, and they certainly do, it means they don't want to do anything about it and we're all wasting our time providing any kind of feedback on crit. Ok, I can live with that, I'd just prefer to be told stuff like this in advance. Like this: "We, the GGG staf would like to keep crit ridiculously powerful because cookies, pecorino and rugby" :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 2, 2014, 2:18:48 PM
"
Boem wrote:

Any clue to the madness that would follow such an action? Should GGG balance around the top users utilizing BiS? Or balance around excesses that happen in all set-ups.

Hmmm it's been a long time since there was a ele-prolif qq nerf thread, i better make one to keep the great balance of the forum qq in tact?

Peace,

-Boem-

always been ggg policy to nerf the whole game because of BiS items/streamers.

They nerfed the game because of Kaom +kripp, they nerfed the game because of FP streamers, they nerfed the game because of spark abuses, hell they even nerfed facebreakers because of few op FB builds (lol) etc etc.

This is gameplay discussion, we discuss and demonstrate how tornado shot Is too op even with a low level unique.

No QQ, just facts.

Also GGG have been known to let things goes until the forum start to voice for balance. I hope this thread will contribute to the rebalance of tornado shot and crits.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 2, 2014, 2:33:02 PM
"
raics wrote:
Like this: "We, the GGG staf would like to keep crit ridiculously powerful because cookies, pizza and rugby" :)

Fixed and endorsed +1!

:')

Obviously this game is a hassle to balance, it's constantly and forever in balance limbo madness.

But there is also a reason for that, if GGG fixes A the player-base shift's towards abusing B if B is fixed it shift's to C etc. Eventually a fix is implemented that put's A back in favor of all the others.

The alternative is a balance across the board making every build and non powerful. Which is bad for a loot hunting fiesta PoE is, since any commitment to the loot search would yield similar results in every single way.

The game would bleed dry (which it currently isn't).

Now you have a situation where stuff goes from A to B to C and players are given a choice.

Wanna play B when the meta is A, go for it and enjoy. (snow-flake play-style)
Wanna play A when A is the meta, go for it and enjoy. (power-house players)
Don't wanna play until C arrives? Sure, take a break and come back after C becomes a relevant meta again.

As it stands everybody can "get-some" and a multitude of players are attracted to the game.

Doing an across the board balance would annihilate this and severely undermine PoE's future.

As a player who want's to keep playing this game for years to come, i welcome a rework of the crit mechanic and whatever new flavor it introduces in the meta (because god knows this will be the case, duh gogo ele prolif QQ back on top again) what i don't want is for GGG to sign there own dead-wish in forms of an across the board balance patch that put's every single build at same effectiveness.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I am pretty sure Mathil is not a streamer as his internet doesn't allow it so the "streamer BIS gear" argument is invalid.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Death's Harp OP???

"100% crit multi" (used here for elemental damage that doesn't scale off of the mid-level low base damage, pretty nice idea), "one additional arrow" (always great) and the Death Bow base item (crit ftw) make it pretty good, and in this particular build "lategame viable", yes.

But OP?
Not really.
It just works nice on this aura-based elemental build.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Mannoth wrote:
I am pretty sure Mathil is not a streamer as his internet doesn't allow it so the "streamer BIS gear" argument is invalid.

Fair point, i don't follow streamers or watch them but i thought he streamed.

Even so he's quite a popular guy if i am not mistaken since the implementation of atziri, so i am pretty sure he pools resources just the same. Which was my only argument, his gear makes the build combined with a well thought out concept, he could use a 5% white ticket bow at this stage and still beat that content since he's ele based.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
3700 hp, 20k dps, with very low evasion (that armour don't help) is OP ? Since when ? There are thousand of things which will one shot that guy..

"
CookieVortex wrote:
3700 hp, 20k dps, with very low evasion (that armour don't help) is OP ? Since when ? There are thousand of things which will one shot that guy..

this is a bit of armchair-general-ishy..
"
CookieVortex wrote:
20k dps

Multiplied with who knows how many arrows that happen to hit the unfortunate thing near the spawn points. Dps is somewhat deceptive on tornado.

Yeah, enabling shotgunning on that thing was most likely a mistake, we got a physical lighting arrow that doesn't need to hit a bunch of enemies to shotgun.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info