All Mathil guides compiled

"
zero124 wrote:
"
Thanks for clarifying, what about projectile damage modifiers?

Does this mean that when you apply added chaos damage support to a spell it won't receive bonuses from spell damage modifiers directly but will receive it on the "hit" from the spell? So using incinerate as an example with a 30% damage effectiveness, 100 added chaos would give 30 added chaos damage to incinerate and if lets say you have 10% spell damage modifier the chaos damage would be 33?

Yep that is indeed how it works, and projectile damage works like spell damage in the way that it scales the entire ability rather then only specific parts, for example elemental damage nodes only scale the fire, cold and lightning but not the chaos.

High Five brother! Thanks for the help.
"
tafonso wrote:
"
zero124 wrote:
"
I came across a post http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1213695/page/1#p10247120

one of the posts on that page mentions that spell modifiers do not apply to the heralds or the added chaos damage. I was able to confirm that spell damage modifiers donnot increase the heralds damage but elemental damage modifiers do. I have not been able to confirm the part about added chaos damage support not being effected by added spell modifiers. Could you confirm if added chaos does get a benefit or not from spell modifiers?

This is incorrect, Because Herald of Thunder is a Cast and not a Spell it does not receive any direct Spell bonuses from Gear, Skill-Gems or from the Skill-tree. This also applies to support gems which specifically modify Spells (Eg. Spell Echo and Iron Will). However when using a Spell the additive on-hit damage will receive indirect bonuses from Spell modifiers. That is a quote from the wiki.

Added chaos works the same way, although to note the spell damage won't improve the herald of thunder proc damage because the herald isn't a spell.

Thanks for clarifying, what about projectile damage modifiers?

Does this mean that when you apply added chaos damage support to a spell it won't receive bonuses from spell damage modifiers directly but will receive it on the "hit" from the spell? So using incinerate as an example with a 30% damage effectiveness, 100 added chaos would give 30 added chaos damage to incinerate and if lets say you have 10% spell damage modifier the chaos damage would be 33?

The cast tag is for the secondary effect (storm herald, ice nova on shatter). Its not for the additive damage.
hello dude,i wanted to ask if you could recommend me a build of yours that is more like for beginners(i'm new to poe so i don't know much)only if u think that the builds you posted are for new players :P ty and hf
"
heybrah wrote:
hello dude,i wanted to ask if you could recommend me a build of yours that is more like for beginners(i'm new to poe so i don't know much)only if u think that the builds you posted are for new players :P ty and hf

For a new person I would recommend Elemental Buzzsaw, Tornado shot/puncture or Life based incinerate.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
heybrah wrote:

For a new person I would recommend Elemental Buzzsaw, Tornado shot/puncture or Life based incinerate.

ty and tbh i really liked ur buzzsaw build,specially the cyclone one :D,do u think between the cyclone and the elemental one is a big difference?
Can we have an up-to-date tree from the HC league please?
What about a Pledge of Hands instead of 2-Wands on the incinerate build?

EDIT: forget about if, even if you could run Projectile Speed on the Pledge it still feels inferior to 2-Wands with Cast Speed.
Last edited by AtomicCB on Apr 4, 2015, 6:06:55 PM
"
dRMyaa wrote:
Can we have an up-to-date tree from the HC league please?

It's the same tree.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
I'm running your Inc build on SC, started with someone else's but then i realized yours is more fun, what do you think about geofri helm + empower, or other +1helm in general ? I can't seem to find a +2ligtning wand to swap out for a rare helm with hp.
Can you update your windripper build o3o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info