Ways to improve Endless Ledge

Two simple things.

1) Have a vendor at the end of every 4 ledges.

2) Put a waypoint at the start of each ledge allowing you to alt-click and remake the instance with new mobs.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Nov 8, 2014, 8:47:24 PM
Perpetus, please banish him to the void. There's challenging, and then there's just OP and if the gods of RNG decree that you encounter him, it's pretty much game over for most of us. In the regular game it's OK because we'll have had time to craft items, gear up, etc but this guy is just unfun.
Perpetus is the set zone boss in the lvl 16 and 30 area, everyone has the same bosses. Unless you have some insane mobs you can simply run past him, as you should with pretty much all the bosses.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
jstq wrote:
removing it would be nice improving

I think descent champions was infinitely more fun than EL and apart from some balancing issues (cough blood of summer cough) much more fixable, yet that got removed.

I pray they revert that decision and remove EL for next season instead.
Last edited by CreativeAspect on Nov 9, 2014, 7:55:46 AM
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Perpetus is the set zone boss in the lvl 16 and 30 area, everyone has the same bosses. Unless you have some insane mobs you can simply run past him, as you should with pretty much all the bosses.

Yeah, I was mobbed up like Chicago in the 20's so no getting past him. by the time I tried to run back I was already trapped. I think lvl 30 area would be OK, but 16 is just too low.

Thinking laterally I've just had a look at AHK for a semi-solution :)
Don't worry level 34 or 36 and some 4x has level 67 map Arctic Breath. So better hope never get a 2h EL.

I forgot which level had Tunneltrap but ledge got reworked after the 12/24h ledge anyway and it wasn't a level you usually reach in 1h.

IIRC the bandits and the map ape cycled over and over again.

Most of the rips in that long term ledge were Artic Breath Frogs and both Asphyxia encounters.

Just check the ladder of that event there should be many level 34-36 rips and 42-44 rips.

I didn't read the whole thread so it's probably been said already, but the #1 change I would make to endless ledge would be so that while the areas are still randomly generated, every player has the same random zones. If there's dischargers and arctic breath leapers in the second area, everyone would have to deal with them and it wouldn't be such a gigantic "screw you" to have them so early.

My #2 would be to remove dischargers from the race type entirely. As I've said in the past, they're many times more powerful than any other monster that can spawn and they tend to come in groups.
Anyone who says they think EL is great clearly hasn't encountered a ledge with the following:
"
Plumed Chrimerals + Evangelists + Goatmen + Dischargers

"
Croaking Chimerals + Blackguard Arc Mages + Cold Snap Elementals

"
Ele Weakness Necros + Cold Snap Elementals

Having that sick ledge? Doesn't matter!

Making it so they don't spawn on your second/third/fourth ledge would be a bloody nice change, thanks.
Last edited by Lyralei on Nov 23, 2014, 11:24:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info