Whats your LLD tooltip dps??

"
GreenDude wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
If you`re looking to go ele bow in LLD, I`d think the Stormcloud would be better, would it not?

High attack speed and lightning damage.

His bow would be better for barrage and maybe tornado shot. Otherwise I'd agree with you.

I dont think it would better in the way that that it only does 3 types of damage while mine does 4 types. the more types you have the higher chance to make a crit with one of them. Also hatred and herald of ash and added fire dmg is like alot of damage loss. That cold and fire dmg you get having that surpasses the ele damage you can get with that.
"
Emro wrote:
the more types you have the higher chance to make a crit with one of them.

Unfortunately crit doesn't work that way.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Emro wrote:

the more types you have the higher chance to make a crit with one of them..

Sorry bro but Firebrand76 is right. When you crit, all your damage crits, or none do. Which means that your crit will multiply each individual damage. Therefore, having one type of damage, but a large quantity of it, will make the crit multi do more. That's why a lot of people try to stack Lightning Damage from Storm Cloud, Wake of Destruction, Rings, Ammys and gloves. In fact if you crit, your shock chance will last a mighty long time with such high lightning damage.
IGN: @GreenDude
Hmm how to explain
Last edited by Emro on Oct 31, 2014, 10:52:26 PM
The wiki is right.
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
Emro wrote:

the more types you have the higher chance to make a crit with one of them..

having one type of damage, but a large quantity of it, will make the crit multi do more. That's why a lot of people try to stack Lightning Damage from Storm Cloud, Wake of Destruction, Rings, Ammys and gloves. In fact if you crit, your shock chance will last a mighty long time with such high lightning damage.

I know it will crit all of them if you crit..

but I diagree about stacking it. This is some seriously hard calculations but I will try to explain in a simple way why having one type of damage will make the crit multi do less than having it splitted bewteen the 3 elements:

In this example we are going to use 2 rings and 1 amulet and Elreons crafting. All the rolls will be minimum you can get from Elreon:

First case: one of each element. 1-36 lightning 10-17 cold and 10-20 fire

second case 3-108 lightning.

First case: You hit an enemy and you crit. It will multiply the lightning cold and fire. Lightning could hit the 2dmg and multiply by that while cold could hit 15 and multiply by that and fire too. We have 3 rolls.

Second case: You hit an enemy and you crit. But just that it landed on a 4 lightning dmg and it will mulitply by that. We only had 1 roll. Yes theoratically it can land on a 108 and multiply that. So "theoratically" stacking an element can give the highest damage. Here is the math little hard to explain but second case has 108-3 = 105 rolls of multiply dmg it can do while 36-1+17-10+20-10= 52 rolls of multiply dmg it can do. That means theres a higher chance to do more damage if you split between the elements. Now if you do have rngzeus on your side and get a loong good shock stack to do more damage on your next hit. Then it has to do all the rolls again and you might get a 50% increased dmg on a 3 lightning dmg hit. Stacking only works at higher lvls where you have the nodes chance to shock/ignite etc and increased duration or burning dmg for ignite. Because then you dont have to rely on crit. But its impossible to take all those nodes at lvl 28. I dont want to discourage people by saying this it would be a fun build and has a potential of oneshotting but average it does so much less dmg. If a person has the god with them I will simply wear why fairgraves hat xD yes Immune to shock... how shocking...... no way im gonna stack. HAHAHA my build is the best.
Last edited by Emro on Oct 31, 2014, 11:03:08 PM
"
Emro wrote:

HAHAHA my build is the best.

Any interest in this thread has been extinguished.

btw mines 11k dual strike phys build non crit
Last edited by VZ58 on Nov 1, 2014, 12:14:07 AM
I too, am going to have to retire from this thread.

First you clearly write "the more damage types you do, the higher the chance to crit".

We said "no", and yet you write an entirely different response. Moving on to said response:

So I read the response and essentially it says that if you hit low ends, the tri ele can compensate by having at least one elemental type do more.

This is flawed thinking for multiple reasons:

-The stormcloud bow gives outstanding attacks speed. So although you may hit the low end (4 dmg in your example) you can sneak in another attack right away due to the outstanding attack speed. This makes up for some of the RNG factor.

-Furthermore, even though your low end is just as low for lightning damage in both builds, in the storm cloud one, your max lightning is much higher. this means your mean (average) is much higher too. So on average, your lightning damage will be higher. This means your less likely to hit 4 lightning dmg than you are if your max lightning is half as much (or w/e it happens to be).

-If you get the RNG and hit a high end, dealing a massive high end dmg of lightning will do more significant damage in one shot and apply a long lasting shock. (that's handy you see, because your attack speed is so insane, you will have plenty more arrows to shoot him while he's shocked).

I think I've said all I needed now. I like intelligent exchanges and debates but when i see quotes like this, i question where this is going:
"
Emro wrote:
HAHAHA my build is the best.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Nov 1, 2014, 1:27:47 AM
Cut the guy some slack, he joined PoE 1.5 months ago and is still riding the high of being able to kill non PvP specced characters he finds in the same town instance. Wait 3 weeks until the merge, and we'll have some fun with this guy.
"
GreenDude wrote:
I too, am going to have to retire from this thread.

-The stormcloud bow gives outstanding attacks speed. So although you may hit the low end (4 dmg in your example) you can sneak in another attack right away due to the outstanding attack speed. This makes up for some of the RNG factor.

A pvp'er needs to be arrogant he needs to think he is the best. If you doubt yourself you have already lost in many ways. I might not sound intelligent to you, I do sound cocky, but thats how I am. Fairgraves hat counters shocking you are immune to shock. If you see a stormcloud build in 1v1 you just swap out your hat. Now you are speaking about outstanding attack speed. You even say that it sneaks in another attack right away??? as I can see it does 1 more attack for every 2 seconds, thats not right away....Temporial chains closes the gap further...example: using the curse on both bows make the gap 0.38 and not 0.50.

Side note: Items can have 3 prefixes. Going elemental build I will have lightning dmg on my gear just like a stormcloud user. Yes it will have 11.5 more lightning dps on the bow and it will have more attack speed. But that loss in extra fire and cold dmg you get from gems and auras vs the wrath aura and anther gem instead of added fire damage, is simply not enough.

another side note: Quill rain bow would be much better for a pure lightning build. that one more attack speed is way better than 1-75 lightning damage and you can even do phys damage with it too...

I will use spoilers from now when I end my meaning. Then you wont have to get hurt over my cockiness
Spoiler
I don't judge people from their statements, if you want to retire because of my funny statement saying: HAHAHAHA my build is the best. Then its completely up to, I won't judge.I can see your reasons that it doesn't look seriously. Its hard to write your humour down and see what people takes seriously or not. But leaving a discussion, just because how people are in their writings can't help me but feel a little sad.
To the guy saying I only played 1.5 month. Thats true^^ I am considered a noob. But it should encourage you to defeat the "noob" and prove me wrong. I will never lose my pride. Catch me if you can! Defeat me if you can! Whatever the outcome, be happy and think about the fun you have.
Spoiler
But I am still the best HAHAHAHA xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info