Whats your LLD tooltip dps??

I just made pvp'er lvl 28 one and my pvp experience is mainly from other games like world of warcraft. I started collecting some gears 3 days ago with a 10 chaos budget on Beyond League. So the above items is what I could find for about 10chaos total.

At the moment I just have above 2k dps tooltip with an LMP Tornado shot build its a 4link. I dont have any wheststones or alchs to craft my bow better so its only around the 160s dps.

Whats your tooltip dps, so I can see what I should aim for? And what curses should I use since I have additional curse implicit and curse on hit on gloves?

Thanks

Emro
"
Emro wrote:

I just made pvp'er lvl 28 one and my pvp experience is mainly from other games like world of warcraft. I started collecting some gears 3 days ago with a 10 chaos budget on Beyond League. So the above items is what I could find for about 10chaos total.

At the moment I just have above 2k dps tooltip with an LMP Tornado shot build its a 4link. I dont have any wheststones or alchs to craft my bow better so its only around the 160s dps.

Whats your tooltip dps, so I can see what I should aim for? And what curses should I use since I have additional curse implicit and curse on hit on gloves?

Thanks

Emro

A cheap way to upgrade your bow in challenge league is of course to use the IPD recipe and then augment for attack speed. You can do this a few times until you get atk speed. After that you can go to your master and craft on another phys prefix. And if your able to repeat this same process a few times, corrupt the bow at the end of each craft so you get that free lmp.

Of course the league will end soon and that bow would be below average in HC because people mostly have a ton of alterations to make it better and 2exalts for elreons meta mod. But I think what I suggested is a good option for challenge leagues.

Tooltips in pvp are invisible. PVP uses a different damage scaling formula so your tooltip does not represent your exact damage. I do believe GGG will give us permission to release the formula publicly as soon as 1.3.0 hits so players will be able to calculate it easily.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:

A cheap way to upgrade your bow in challenge league is of course to use the IPD recipe and then augment for attack speed. You can do this a few times until you get atk speed. After that you can go to your master and craft on another phys prefix. And if your able to repeat this same process a few times, corrupt the bow at the end of each craft so you get that free lmp.

Of course the league will end soon and that bow would be below average in HC because people mostly have a ton of alterations to make it better and 2exalts for elreons meta mod. But I think what I suggested is a good option for challenge leagues.

Tooltips in pvp are invisible. PVP uses a different damage scaling formula so your tooltip does not represent your exact damage. I do believe GGG will give us permission to release the formula publicly as soon as 1.3.0 hits so players will be able to calculate it easily.

Hey GreenDude, I know the damage on tooltip is another thing when it comes to PvP it also does in Pve since in the way that it doesn't count Point Blank in the tool, so traps normally dont have right tooltip used with point blank. But that aside, the higher Tooltip dps you have the more damage you do. And thats why I want to know peoples tooltip dps in the way I dont know the exact damage we do, but I can tell atleast if its less or higher damage if using a normal skill. Just look at Tornado Shot it might get 0-3 hits on each shot, the tooltip doesn't calculate average hit you get using a tornado shot. So I can use my knowledge of peoples skills and their tooltip dps to have an idea, if I do more or less damage. Thanks for the Phys crafting tip you can do with rustic sashs, I know you are only trying to help by saying that master crafting an increased phys on a bow to get a double physs roll and then hopefully a flat phys roll with attack speed would be an ideal bow for raw phys. But I am not doing mainstream builds and the build I am doing fits perfectly with the rolls I have on my bow. Can you explain why my bow is below average in HC?? I havn't seen any other bows on forum above 160dps which goes 3 prefixes that is increased Phys + fire + lightning??
Last edited by Emro on Oct 30, 2014, 5:31:22 PM
"
Emro wrote:
Can you explain why my bow is below average in HC?? I havn't seen any other bows on forum above 160dps??

Well I have seen a tri ele one with my own eyes, but thats besides the point:

Currently ele bow users suck because their damage is further reduced by elemental resists. You see, if you have an average of 23.5 fire damage and 26.5 lightning damage on your bow, and let's say we give it the same passive tree scaling that physical users get (even though phys has more and btr nodes around the early start of trees) then your damage would seemingly be as good or better than phys, right?

Unfortunately that's not true. Let's use random numbers:

If you hit for 200 fire damage and 200 lightning damage on hit.

And another bow user using physical hits for 350 physical damage, it sure looks like your damage is higher.

Your damage after resists is 150 + 150 = 300 ele dmg. The physical guy does 350 phys damage which frankly need to go through very little (if any) armour. The hit is so strong in ratio to an expect armour value of an LLDer, that it ignores almost all armour the player has, resulting in full damage. Phys users even have the advantage of being able to use Hated/Added Fire Damage to theoretically reach +50% DPS on their tooltip (which further pushes their effective DPS above yours).

It is not impossible to do an ele build, just much harder currently. So although your bow looks insane, in comparison to a good pdps bow, the damage will be significantly lower. Casters know the struggle too but they can afford using a penetration gem because they usually focus one element.

I am not trying to discourage you from doing this build, I genuinely hope it works out. All I was saying is that the bow is not up to par with what's required to achieve the same damage as a good phys bow.
Last edited by GreenDude on Oct 30, 2014, 5:40:39 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
Emro wrote:
Can you explain why my bow is below average in HC?? I havn't seen any other bows on forum above 160dps??

Well I have seen a tri ele one with my own eyes, but thats besides the point:

Currently ele bow users suck because their damage is further reduced by elemental resists. You see, if you have an average of 23.5 fire damage and 26.5 lightning damage on your bow, and let's say we give it the same passive tree scaling that physical users get (even though phys has more and btr nodes around the early start of trees) then your damage would seemingly be as good or better than phys, right?

Unfortunately that's not true. Let's use random numbers:

If you hit for 200 fire damage and 200 lightning damage on hit.

And another bow user using physical hits for 350 physical damage, it sure looks like your damage is higher.

Your damage after resists is 150 + 150 = 300 ele dmg. The physical guy does 350 phys damage which frankly need to go through very little (if any) armour. The hit is so strong in ratio to an expect armour value of an LLDer, that it ignores almost all armour the player has, resulting in full damage. Phys users even have the advantage of being able to use Hated/Added Fire Damage to theoretically reach +50% DPS on their tooltip (which further pushes their effective DPS above yours).

It is not impossible to do an ele build, just much harder currently. So although your bow looks insane, in comparison to a good pdps bow, the damage will be significantly lower. Casters know the struggle too but they can afford using a penetration gem because they usually focus one element.

I am not trying to discourage you from doing this build, I genuinely hope it works out. All I was saying is that the bow is not up to par with what's required to achieve the same damage as a good phys bow.
Hahaha I like you:) You are right that the bow alone will do more Dps than an Ele Bow, according to my calculations it would be around 25% MORE (not increased) but more dmg, that the bow alone, calculated with passives too.But I found my way to surpass that lack in dmg! See you on the battlefield! Change will never come about if you don't make it happen.
Good on you for trying it out. Feel free to hit me up if your on HC.

I knew ele could work but I thought the only way was using Doomfletch (full phys build that scales into ele using the bow).
"
GreenDude wrote:
Good on you for trying it out. Feel free to hit me up if your on HC.

I knew ele could work but I thought the only way was using Doomfletch (full phys build that scales into ele using the bow).

Yep but it doesn't work so good with the scaling from other items. My ideal gear is only 70% completed, but here is a teaser of what my build can do with the gear I have now, If the scenario is that I hit the enemy all the time: 1066.5 cold + 2691.13 fire + 1276,24 lightning + 1882.18 physical dmg. That would be my damage if all my attacks hits in 1 second. 6916,052 would be my dps, I didn't count the ignite or shock dmg and the possibility to crit if just 3 arrows hits the same target from my tornado shot. So it would be way higher. Also I use Elemental Weakness and Temporal chains (dual curse). I believe I can win a 1v5 fight with my build against normal players between lvl 28-35. I did try 1v2 against a lvl 32 and lvl 34 where I pretty much oneshotted both. I will make a guide after first pvp season xD
Last edited by Emro on Oct 31, 2014, 4:59:21 AM
"
Emro wrote:

Yep but it doesn't work so good with the scaling from other items. My ideal gear is only 70% completed, but here is a teaser of what my build can do with the gear I have now, If the scenario is that I hit the enemy all the time: 1066.5 cold + 2691.13 fire + 1276,24 lightning + 1882.18 physical dmg. That would be my damage if all my attacks hits in 1 second. 6916,052 would be my dps, I didn't count the ignite or shock dmg and the possibility to crit if just 3 arrows hits the same target from my tornado shot. So it would be way higher. Also I use Elemental Weakness and Temporal chains (dual curse). I believe I can win a 1v5 fight with my build against normal players between lvl 28-35. I did try 1v2 against a lvl 32 and lvl 34 where I pretty much oneshotted both. I will make a guide after first pvp season xD

I mean I've killed a level 50 with a lvl 28, don't let that make you think your build is OP. I am worried you'll enter a match against a real pvper and get destroyed and then you'll wonder what happened.

Also it seems you are calculating your best possible damage (high rolls, all arrows from tornado shot hitting, etc). I highly doubt you can do a 1v5 against good pvpers, show me a 1v1 against me or any other good LLDer and then I will be convinced. I am happy your enjoying your build but please don't have high expectations based on results from pvping pve chars in act3 (trust me, I've killed a lvl 13 with a lvl 1 that I challenged in town :P )
If you`re looking to go ele bow in LLD, I`d think the Stormcloud would be better, would it not?

High attack speed and lightning damage.

IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
If you`re looking to go ele bow in LLD, I`d think the Stormcloud would be better, would it not?

High attack speed and lightning damage.

His bow would be better for barrage and maybe tornado shot. Otherwise I'd agree with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info