[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

"
I recently got 6L poh and will play ur build in anydays.

i've read throught guide and 1question.

how should i curse 2 after swaping boots to aztiri for spell dodge?

You get the ability to set additional curse via passive skill tree.
Look top of the tree and left, "Whispers of doom" node. (Right near the big node "Minion Instability".

In-Game Nick: MagicalCrime. || Main Character: Level 100 Witch (Ice Nova).

My standard shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1221095
My Loot Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313065
GTS - Stream Game: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344346
"
"
I recently got 6L poh and will play ur build in anydays.

i've read throught guide and 1question.

how should i curse 2 after swaping boots to aztiri for spell dodge?

You get the ability to set additional curse via passive skill tree.
Look top of the tree and left, "Whispers of doom" node. (Right near the big node "Minion Instability".

ty for answer
at the 2nd phase of passive nod, guide don't invest nod for that.
plus, if we go allocate till spell dodge, only 1 skill nod left as my calculation.
so i'm still wondering how we dual curse without any +1curse item or nod?
I'm not sure if you've answered this before in an earlier post (still leveling this char so haven't had the chance to test it myself) but does added cold give a bigger boost than a lvl3 empower in a 5L setup?
Congrats on making it to the build spotlight!
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Aug 17, 2015, 10:28:01 PM
Is there a way to tell how much total ES you'll have before speccing into the CI version of this build? Using poebuilder maybe?

And is rainbowstrides essential for it if I have boots with more ES?
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Aug 18, 2015, 2:50:54 AM
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Is there a way to tell how much total ES you'll have before speccing into the CI version of this build? Using poebuilder maybe?

@Moemed, as much as we love Ice nova level 23/24, added cold damage gives better dps since it gives u cold damage when leveled + more % cold damage when quality.

@LadyLoriana,
You can use your better ES boots. Rainbowstrides arent a must.
As for the amount of ES needed, that would be at laest 8k, preferbly 10k+
In-Game Nick: MagicalCrime. || Main Character: Level 100 Witch (Ice Nova).

My standard shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1221095
My Loot Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313065
GTS - Stream Game: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344346
Last edited by MagicalCrime on Aug 18, 2015, 4:01:33 AM
"
This build is also tanky at end game you run, 24-26 Arctic Armor for 16% phys mit + 4 endurance charge for 32% total physical mitigation.

This is completely wrong. No idea how GGG let this slip by and put this guide put on the front page, but if you don't understand the difference between multiplicative and additive multipliers then I really don't care how much 420yoloswag dps you have. You're spreading misinformation, and even worse GGG has featured you which is only further exposing this misinformation to the community as truth. The rest of the guide could be immaculate, it doesn't matter. This was no typo or oversight, you simply didn't do your homework, and now many newer players are going to be misled because of it.
"
"
This build is also tanky at end game you run, 24-26 Arctic Armor for 16% phys mit + 4 endurance charge for 32% total physical mitigation.

This is completely wrong. No idea how GGG let this slip by and put this guide put on the front page, but if you don't understand the difference between multiplicative and additive multipliers then I really don't care how much 420yoloswag dps you have. You're spreading misinformation, and even worse GGG has featured you which is only further exposing this misinformation to the community as truth. The rest of the guide could be immaculate, it doesn't matter. This was no typo or oversight, you simply didn't do your homework, and now many newer players are going to be misled because of it.

So explain the correct mechanics, instead of going on a rant.
"
"
LadyLoriana wrote:

@LadyLoriana,
You can use your better ES boots. Rainbowstrides arent a must.
As for the amount of ES needed, that would be at laest 8k, preferbly 10k+

For the ES I mean, I'm specced into life right now, but if I put on my ES gear I have X amount of ES just from the gear. If I use poebuilder to look at the ES gained from the tree using this build, how can I calculate how much I'll have when I spec into CI?
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Aug 18, 2015, 8:58:19 PM
"
"

yeah. For all the people interested in understanding the mechanics, well, I'd recommend going to the wiki. But as a TL,DR, arctic armour simply modifies whatever damage you would take AFTER everything has been mitigated and multiplies it by , in this case, 0.84.

So, since you have 0 armor, 4 endurance charges, a 1000 damage phys hit would get mitigated by your armor (which is 0), then mitigated by your endurance charges (and not armor + end charges at once, they're calculated differently).

So it's now 1000 * 0.84 (16% mitigation) = 840

And then the result is multiplied by your AA multiplier.
840 * 0.84 = 705.6 damage, which is 29.44% effective damage reduction.

shock/abyssus/vulnerability then stack ADDITIVELY with each other and multiply the final value by the resulting multiplier, if you wanted to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info