ShatterBolt [1.3 Viable end game Self substainable Herlad of Thunder/Ice build]

"
neurotech wrote:
For those running this build - how do you handle reflect in terms of flasks?

Reflect isnt exactly a huge issue here. A lot of your kills come from the domino effect of HoI (which lasts a while), so with some ele leech your health doesnt drop that rapidly. If you run into anything stronger Atziri flask is enough to deal with it.

"
Messerschmitt wrote:
Curious about the flexibility of this build and whether or not you can get away with a cheap variation using
?

I dont see how these uniques could be useful for this build at all.
thank you for this ; is really fun to play , im actually level 69 but the survability is a probleme now , is about freeze quick or die .

this is the first build at level 69 i only have 2900 HP !!!!! and i took all the life nodes .
since i only have life gearss from 1 ring , the necklace,andmy carcass jack .
without kaom's heart the end game leveling is hardcore

i forget to mention 1300 armour and some evasion shield ;
but i dont really really trust in evasion , i use to play melée for me only armour count.
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
Last edited by xtothez on Dec 28, 2014, 9:42:02 AM
"
xtothez wrote:
thank you for this ; is really fun to play , im actually level 69 but the survability is a probleme now , is about freeze quick or die .

this is the first build at level 69 i only have 2900 HP !!!!! and i took all the life nodes .
since i only have life gearss from 1 ring , the necklace,andmy carcass jack .
without kaom's heart the end game leveling is hardcore

i forget to mention 1300 armour and some evasion shield ;
but i dont really really trust in evasion , i use to play melée for me only armour count.

Leveling with this build is super easy after you can start freezing things. I', level 86 and only have 3300hp

I was using these scepters until i farmed enough to buy doryani's.

the only thing i have an issue with is reflect packs. I play pretty hard, running into the middle of rooms, freezing and incinerating everything. if i play like he does in the video where ya just curse and wait for HoT, it's nearly impossible to die. (unless it's of boredom)

My Gear -
Spoiler

as you can see i could definitely use some upgrades. don't have good enough rings/ammy to be able to try the dual curse variation but it's not necessary. i can smash 77 and 78 maps with all sorts of mods. and. people love to party with this build because everything is frozen all the time. since i started playing in public groups people have been saying " OMG nice freeze" and inviting me to do their dailies, maps, etc just because it makes it way safer when everything is frozen.

CwDT is a lifesaver. if you aren't using it....try it. I have a Koam's but i prefer the CWDT method...and i don't want to chrome my CJ to 4 reds heh

you might also try putting ele prolif on your vaal storm call setup. for extra safety and freeze. that's what i did while leveling. now im trying spell echo for more dps.
Last edited by Cydcor on Dec 28, 2014, 10:30:30 AM
Saw ShatterBolt in action

...instant SUBZERO
I am trying a modified version of this in bloodlines. Going Templar and EB/AA with a shield for the increased survivability. Mid 40s and seeing the core mechanic of the build come together feels good.

Anyone else running a hc variant?
"
Fayral wrote:
I am trying a modified version of this in bloodlines. Going Templar and EB/AA with a shield for the increased survivability. Mid 40s and seeing the core mechanic of the build come together feels good.

Anyone else running a hc variant?

I'm in merciless act 2 with this now, and it owns. It has a severe lack of survivability if you don't freeze stuff, but leveling with FP, I had insane dps.

I chose to use FP instead of incinerate and I added blood magic so I could cast it more than twice. Going EB/AA could also be a good fix, but you would need a huge amount of ES to get enough mana free for Clarity, wouldn't you?
What about building a ton of raw HP by going hybrid es and life. The lack of armor could be somewhat countered by a cwdt ec ic setup. Also straight up CI is not out of reach either. Thoughts? Basically out options for increased survivability are.

Eb/aa w/ potential cod
Life/es hybrid(heavy buffer of HP)
Pure CI
Shield offhand and pickup some block nodes.
So I've been playing around with this trying to get different things to work. Here's my ideal setup so far:

Spoiler

Less-than-ideal chest right now. I want VSC:Spell Echo:Inc Dur:Lightning Pen:Added Cold: Added Light. Also boots I want to get spell echo:enduring cry/inc dur:immortal call

Then with the skill tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwT53YuMQ8hboKdVfA5o8vAfogAEs-FzmjuCm-0gPAXvfJ_f7DgnL5BVGjjAGnGF8xGxQlcpRtevbEz_PC0dvjOHA-7Grrc-_grYvTWStfKpbio4bqpfmFltzzJKyEGH-eiCxyj6DH0Qf8ae2jqBr7jQsQXr7prgRZ1TUriTpwja3ayYOlhVxoPbBAcfAtgkNsVMs5eVUlOX9D1fEQ9-r7WF71DBtC19TC0XVJ8B0eSNglPUFLCCHtsLiELBxX_GflnsGDeB5OtSsuNW9OlPr2e9Nokc3C1HUEKMNgL-34QTnqSR5Rm0OPv1l5dFfA==

So this will support Lv20 gems and sustained incinerate. The only downside I've run into, it has low HP but incredibly high damage and clear speed (given you don't get insta-gibbed by 20-pack devourers). All of the gear is unique except the ring (Ideally, you roll Dex/HP/light res on topaz ring which could free up the dex nodes for more ele or HP)
I've just started with this and leveling is a breeze with the ele nodes + FP/LMP/Added Light in a reverb rod. VSC (even unsupported!) is AMAZING in normal - you can basically cast it and walk to the next pack and it's charged again.

I just completed normal and bought Pyre + 3D and switched to incinerate. Mana is an issue, but that's why they make flasks. I'm looking forward to getting all of the freeze/shock nodes through Cruel to see what can really be done.
i did something similar to this in previous league. heralds are why i came bak to the game. u can leech/blind off heralds too ^^

extreme herald links from another
Spoiler

it was based on cybils block .... it was a non crit build and lightning warp and tempest shield would freeze packs just from the added cold put into skills from herald of ice. so with that in mind lightning warp could potentially do quite a bit of supplemental damage. since u are using 3 dragons ^^

[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Jan 8, 2015, 6:37:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info