ShatterBolt [1.3 Viable end game Self substainable Herlad of Thunder/Ice build]

how would the heralds be setup, if you didnt have a doryani's

instead of inc ae, would be ele prolif ?
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Jan 22, 2015, 9:13:39 AM
"
Simplexity99 wrote:
how would the heralds be setup, if you didnt have a doryani's

instead of inc ae, would be ele prolif ?

You definitely want prolif on Herald of Thunder for the freeze, but you can use AOE on cold for the larger blast radius. Spreading the shock isn't important because one shocked mob (the one that explodes) refreshes HoT and shattered mobs don't proliferate anyway.
u could use deerstalkers to trap ice nova or firestorm for curse on hit ^^(seen firestorm traps ..crazy) speed demon with queen of the forest.
alot of options here:

-multitrap, curse on hit, firestorm, curse.(in deerstalkers)
-static strike, multi, curse on hit, etc.
-vengeance, curse on hit, curses.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
I played this in Bloodlines with Catalyst + Shield to Level 85, very strong offensively, but you just get rekt by anything hitting you and Reflect.
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
My current build:
Can do anything except:
- atziri
- dominus bosses and 77 piety
- ele reflect maps (ele reflect monsters on non ele reflect map are fine)
- blood magic maps
- also avoid -max res, no mana regen, curse immunity maps

Current tree
Current gear:

IGN: Drusek
@Drusek, why firestorm? and why start templar?
Firestorm is pretty great for cursing since you can use it at the edge of the screen without having to get into agro / melee range. Quality is actually useful for it to get quicker curses since things die so quickly.
thx for sharing this great build.

I played a lot of diffrent builds but this is definitly the most fun and it has the best clearspeed while still being HC viable.

for HC i strongly recommend going vor Vaal pact an put life leech on Vaal storm call, this way i can use it on every big pack without checking first for ele reflect, thats rly a big quality of life improvement!

With a Elreon -7 mana cost amu a lvl 19 incinerate costs the same as a lvl 1 without.
That almost doubled the incinerate dmg.

Fortunatly i got a 6l carcass jack, i put in herald of thunder with curse on hit/ele weakness.

now it plays more like a incinerator but with autofreezing the whole screen :)

The drawback is the relative small life pool, im still not sure if i shouldnt go hybrid...
"
FlyX wrote:
thx for sharing this great build.

I played a lot of diffrent builds but this is definitly the most fun and it has the best clearspeed while still being HC viable.

for HC i strongly recommend going vor Vaal pact an put life leech on Vaal storm call, this way i can use it on every big pack without checking first for ele reflect, thats rly a big quality of life improvement!

With a Elreon -7 mana cost amu a lvl 19 incinerate costs the same as a lvl 1 without.
That almost doubled the incinerate dmg.

Fortunatly i got a 6l carcass jack, i put in herald of thunder with curse on hit/ele weakness.

now it plays more like a incinerator but with autofreezing the whole screen :)

The drawback is the relative small life pool, im still not sure if i shouldnt go hybrid...

I'm trying to fit in clarity into the build, so I also can use AA (Also going EB then), and therefor reduce a lot of reflect.
Though to do that, I'll have to take ele prolif out of Herald of Ice (No doryanis yet), do anyone think that's worth it?
Last edited by WoolySantaBoy on Feb 9, 2015, 10:33:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info