Are there still plans for a major expansion?

"

Yeah I think they should just stop and scrap it. Rebuild from the ground up and call it part 2. Put a price tag on it next time and stop with all this cosmetic bafoonery that nobody cares about.

Torchlight 2 did it. Where is it now? How many players it has now? Is there an active community for the game?

The key for success and popularity is online gaming nowadays but for few exceptions. There has to be an active economy, player interaction and sociability. If they made PoE offline and put a price tag on it - it would have been just another Torchlight.

Based on Steam and standalone client numbers alone there are 20 000 concurrent players every day at minimum. Now include Garena. My bet it's more concurrent players than D3 has.

This game is healthy like it has never been, and it's not going away.

I purposely left out your comment about cosmetics since it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Oct 28, 2014, 3:47:59 AM
A half-awake me saw the title as 'Are there still PANTS for a major expansion'.
Last edited by Sethmancer on Oct 28, 2014, 4:36:36 AM
Interesting what goes for 'life support' amongst our more jaded community members. According to that logic every Blizzard game ever is on life support because Blizz updates their games like once a year.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I have figured out the story now, and must now play the story.
Chris's baby has 100% vaal immortal call uptime.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They've indicated 1.3 is a patch out before, or coinciding with the next 3 month league... Best bet December. 1.4 is slated to include Act IV. I'm highly skeptical.

I'm not saying it's true, but it's feeling more and more like a cash grab before they shut the thing down. No real showing of progress or discussion of their plans... we call it "turtling up". Flagship did much the same before they came out and admitted they were closing shop. I hope the best for GGG but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they bellied up within the next 6 months.

Wow... Do people really think this? Path of Exile is still around the top 30 played games on steam. It has shown that it can pull back 90+ percent of its player base with new leagues. I know Marvel Heroes is still chugging along with about a fourth of the players this game has... It's all well and good to proclaim doom and gloom, but the data really speaks otherwise...
Oh I was wondering where the "PoE is dead/dying" fotm threads had disappeared. Have not seen those quite some time until now.
Last edited by Sig556 on Oct 28, 2014, 7:05:27 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They've indicated 1.3 is a patch out before, or coinciding with the next 3 month league... Best bet December. 1.4 is slated to include Act IV. I'm highly skeptical.

I'm not saying it's true, but it's feeling more and more like a cash grab before they shut the thing down. No real showing of progress or discussion of their plans... we call it "turtling up". Flagship did much the same before they came out and admitted they were closing shop. I hope the best for GGG but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they bellied up within the next 6 months.

Tinfoil hats / on
R.I.P 4.B.
"
majesw wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Wow... Do people really think this? Path of Exile is still around the top 30 played games on steam. It has shown that it can pull back 90+ percent of its player base with new leagues. I know Marvel Heroes is still chugging along with about a fourth of the players this game has... It's all well and good to proclaim doom and gloom, but the data really speaks otherwise...

Something tells me Shagsbeard payed 150 dollars for a lifetime subscription in Hellgate London :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
majesw wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Something tells me Shagsbeard payed 150 dollars for a lifetime subscription in Hellgate London :3

Yep. Bill Roper is a good friend since before Bliz North was even around. I chipped in gladly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info