Are there still plans for a major expansion?

I'm only comparing how the companies are acting... not the situation they're in. My negativity is well earned and doesn't reflect on GGG or Bill. Only time will tell. All I say is that it wouldn't surprise me and people think I'm predicting doom. I'm not. I'm saying that it's a possibility and anyone who denies that is fooling themselves.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 28, 2014, 7:55:08 AM
OP never used the words "dead" ... he said life support.

Nobody but GGG knows how healthy or unhealthy the playerbase is. Even they might have a hard time determining the health of their game due to massive botting on an epic level.

If, when, act IV comes out, it might be best timed for when the MTX income is trickling in and they are struggling.... then there will be a massive influx of returning players for a short period of time and hopefully they can ride the wave until it washes up on act V. Rinse repeat.

I just wish there was open communication on major content releases. Why not give us teasers? Lots and lots of teasers to keep the dream alive and get the community promoting and hyping the game. Seems like it would be free advertising to do it this way, but instead we end up with a giant black hole of unknowing, while players leave daily to watch the forums now and then for news. Just throw us a frickin carrot now and then would go a long way.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They've indicated 1.3 is a patch out before, or coinciding with the next 3 month league... Best bet December. 1.4 is slated to include Act IV. I'm highly skeptical.

I'm not saying it's true, but it's feeling more and more like a cash grab before they shut the thing down. No real showing of progress or discussion of their plans... we call it "turtling up". Flagship did much the same before they came out and admitted they were closing shop. I hope the best for GGG but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they bellied up within the next 6 months.

Agreed, they're in full on turtle mode. That's never a good sign.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
You guys must be new to PoE. Hype build up always starts a couple of weeks before release, not half a year before lol. Or you just love to be negative, like Hysoka :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I really enjoyed Hellgate: London :-(
"
majesw wrote:
I really enjoyed Hellgate: London :-(

Me too. GGG should make a 3rd person ARPG after PoE dies. Which was 2 years ago according to these forums. So basically PoE: London confirmed!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
You guys must be new to PoE. Hype build up always starts a couple of weeks before release, not half a year before lol. Or you just love to be negative, like Hysoka :3

It's not about building hype, it's about communication. Like the "lack of optimisation" thread on reddit. It gets ignored in favour of brain-dead threads like zippyD's new whateverthef***hesuptonow.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Flagship's sinking wasn't about Hellgate being good or bad. It was about their attempt to run a AAA title without any outside support. They ran everything in-house, and when you do that, you risk it all. What really killed them was radically underestimating the costs associated with running their own billing service.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Flagship's sinking wasn't about Hellgate being good or bad. It was about their attempt to run a AAA title without any outside support. They ran everything in-house, and when you do that, you risk it all. What really killed them was radically underestimating the costs associated with running their own billing service.

The game was rushed to release once EA got its grubby hands involved. They also implemented an extremely greedy payment model that really didn't support the game well at all.
"

I tend to agree the 2006 like graphics should be upgraded among other things. Would gladly pay for an upgraded poe, I will never pay for supporter packs or visual effects.

Then I guess its a good thing that GGG doesnt cater to people like you who expect everything to be handed to them and also be free. We all want improvements to the game but its not free im afraid.

And boasting about not paying to help GGG support the game is not something to be proud of, especially if you (general public) also whine and qq about it regurarly in the forums.
Closed Beta Member.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info