Is it worth switching from D3?

You know there's nothing stopping you from playing both.

People act like they need to devote their entire life to an game or something.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Both games are somewhat like hobbies. As Diablo 2 was. So it's a choice you have to do. Play one more dedicatedly than the other.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Huh, didn't know they added the ability to craft specific affixes on items in d3. When was this?
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 26, 2014, 11:55:05 PM
"
pichapie wrote:
played d3 for 2 years

got bored

tried poe

never went back to d3

not saying poe is godsend

when you've played enough poe through and through you'll eventually see its flaws too

this
IGN ; DENTAGRAM
thanks to http://poe.xyz.is/
https://cldly.com/pathofexile/procument/acquisition/poexyz
Depends what you're looking for. I'll say PoE straight of the back, though.

PoE is the only ARPG that made me feel like playing Hardcore and sticking with it.
If you want a VASTLY more intricate, content-deep online arpg, PoE is your game.

If you want to zone out and not think, whilst you clear entire zones by turning everything into red mist, go D3.

If you have to go diablo...go diablo 2....the standard.
"
DiaLeCt_TF wrote:
very quick, just wondering if its worth switching games. d3 is bland and boring and has no social aspects to it. thx

If you haven't played PoE it is worth to switch games. PoE has its flaws too tho and those are not few.
"
k1rage wrote:
Um what do you mean by "worth it", PoE is Free, give it a try and decide for yourself how much you like it. Its not like you have to drop $50 or anything lol

Time is the most valuable resource, so no, it is not free.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Both games are somewhat like hobbies. As Diablo 2 was. So it's a choice you have to do. Play one more dedicatedly than the other.

wat. i play both pretty much equally.
one game gets new content? play it until you finish it.
i dont know why people are so "oh you HAVE to play one of them more. you HAVE to like one of them more".
no you dont. just enjoy both. have fun. your making money from playing game?
Both (PoE and D3 RoS - I hated Vanilla) are excellent games, we are spoiled for choice. Having played many hundreds of hours of both, they massage different parts of my brain. I have found PoE more about build planning, wealth creation and trading. The highs are higher and the lows lower in PoE. The feeling of 6-linking an item or chancing an amazing Unique is like nothing I've experienced in D3. Similarly, the frustration and desire to hurl my laptop into my TV when dying in your 90s or getting desync'd is equally negative.

I have found D3 more about gameplay gratification and (manual) skill. I spend a much greater % of my actual time in-game in d3 actually playing, and less time trading or build planning.

D3 is about play->find->build. PoE is about build->trade->play. I've found D3 to be more Action-oriented, and PoE to be more RPG/strategy oriented (although not so in actual gameplay, more in design/build). Both extremely fun, but sufficiently different experiences to warrant playing both.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Oct 27, 2014, 6:42:34 AM
If you want something to follow up from D2, play PoE. If you never played D2 and/or love WoW, play D3.

D3 itself wasn't a terrible game... but omg the disappointment to D2 fans. PoE at least brings some of the nostalgia back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info