Is it worth switching from D3?

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
czartaylor wrote:
oh cry me a river, you actually have to read a paragraph. That's not a wall, trust me. I've seen a wall in my day. That things all of 7sentences, boo hoo.

easy there champ didn't mean to upset you. TLDR

and no, I don't actually have to read anything; like your future posts.

if you're too lazy to take the time to read the post instead of me spoonfeeding it to you, then I'm not really interested in arguing about it with you anyways, because it's probably a waste of my time.
^his post is accurate, both of them, that is all :)-

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
If you managed 2 years out of D3 you'll probably still be enjoying PoE when you're in a nursing home
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
DiaLeCt_TF wrote:
very quick, just wondering if its worth switching games. d3 is bland and boring and has no social aspects to it. thx

gameplay fluidity: D3
performance fluidity: D3
itemization:Tie (both crappy)
build variety: POE ( by a little, since the only viable build(99% of the time) is being rich)
economy: Poe ( only because D3 has none XD)
rewardness:D3
social aspect: Poe, but you better not be a sissy, people can be rude, honest but rude
endgame: tie ( both sound fun for the first 2-3 days and get boring very fast by how colourless,flavourless and variationless they are)
Lore: D3, just because you cant skip Dalia's credit from Norm dominus
crafting: Poe but not by much, Master craftin was a step forward but sadly not in the right direction if we are talking about "fixing" crafting

you mean in the 2+ years that you've played PoE you still don't know that you can skip Dalia's credit from Norm Dominus? Just press spacebar...
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
"
czartaylor wrote:
I think that poe has a lot of potential but as it currently stands d3 is a better game. Besides the obvious problems such as desych and build balance, diablo does two important things much better than poe: Build interactitively and drops. People have been complaining that diablo 3 is a button masher, but juggling 4-5 skills at a time is infinitely more interesting that holding down one buttton while occassionally hitting another, which is what 99% of poe builds boil down to. Poe also has absolutely no loot statisfaction. Until you hit the high ends in diablo 3, most rares and unquies can be gear upgrades, so there's always the potential for more. Poe has literally none of that, you have maybe one or two high points where you find something good or useful and literally everything else is left on the ground or vendored for minute amounts of currency, and you will likely literally never find that one unique or item that is useful for your build. In d3 almost every item you find is useful for your build in some way shape or form.

True about the multiple buttons, although this is usually because of cooldowns. The rest of what you said applies to d3 as well. All rares are useless there though. Majority of leged/sets are vendored too.

The thing I hate most about it, is that you are never making progress to getting what you want. You can't trade your items to get what you're looking for. People complain about RNG in PoE, but at least you can bypass it. Something you can't do in D3. You literally have no control of the progression of your character.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 26, 2014, 6:22:29 PM
Um what do you mean by "worth it", PoE is Free, give it a try and decide for yourself how much you like it. Its not like you have to drop $50 or anything lol
I dont see any any key!
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
czartaylor wrote:
I think that poe has a lot of potential but as it currently stands d3 is a better game. Besides the obvious problems such as desych and build balance, diablo does two important things much better than poe: Build interactitively and drops. People have been complaining that diablo 3 is a button masher, but juggling 4-5 skills at a time is infinitely more interesting that holding down one buttton while occassionally hitting another, which is what 99% of poe builds boil down to. Poe also has absolutely no loot statisfaction. Until you hit the high ends in diablo 3, most rares and unquies can be gear upgrades, so there's always the potential for more. Poe has literally none of that, you have maybe one or two high points where you find something good or useful and literally everything else is left on the ground or vendored for minute amounts of currency, and you will likely literally never find that one unique or item that is useful for your build. In d3 almost every item you find is useful for your build in some way shape or form.

True about the multiple buttons, although this is usually because of cooldowns. The rest of what you said applies to d3 as well. All rares are useless there though. Majority of leged/sets are vendored too.

The thing I hate most about it, is that you are never making progress to getting what you want. You can't trade your items to get what you're looking for. People complain about RNG in PoE, but at least you can bypass it. Something you can't do in D3. You literally have no control of the progression of your character.

Honestly I don't understand the one skill issue many people describe.

Yes, you will use a main skill, but you'll have at least a mobility type skill, a curse, and a vaal/single target skill. Let's not talk about the flasks. I'm using like ten buttons right now with a reaver Shadow.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I've never played D3. However, one yardstick for comparison is this: How often does each game have substantial patches or add new content? How long do those patches take? PoE is a dynamic, growing game, with a lot of room for more growth. When's the next big expansion for D3 supposed to be released? For PoE, it's expected 1st Q 2015. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
this is like going on a hockey forum and asking "what sport is better, hockey or football?"
IGN: Leupacob, Cobberts
check out my shop--> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162312/page/1
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I've never played D3. However, one yardstick for comparison is this: How often does each game have substantial patches or add new content? How long do those patches take? PoE is a dynamic, growing game, with a lot of room for more growth. When's the next big expansion for D3 supposed to be released? For PoE, it's expected 1st Q 2015. =^[.]^=

Give Blizz a break, they're a small indie company on a tight budget, so of course they can't knock out new content as fast as a multi billion dollar company like GGG.

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info