[1.2] Physical crit shock-archer 36k Split Arrow (Beyond Top 7 RIP at 99lvl)

"
Seryen wrote:
I`m thinking to try this build next league and i tried it a bit on standard.
Isn't it safer with lightning coil and grace instead of hatred?
Ofc the dps will drop but i don't think it will drop so much because you will shock packs anyway.
Can you explain please why did you pick daresso over L Coil?

Yes I've already said that coil is more safe variant, but I like immortal call and dodge against reflect. Also Coil needs a lot of resistance, I had 76-80% rezistance (with cap 75) so to use Coil I need much more lightning rez, this means that I need change other gear, or use Purity of Lightning. So I decide to use daresso. Also my build need rly high dps to kill mobs very-very fast until they hit u :)

and BTW if I am right Coil can reduce phys DMG by 30% (If we got 100 phys dmg, 40 goes to light res 75% and reduces from 40 to 10 + 60 not converted = 70 from 100). When u use daresso u can do 4 or 5 endurance charges if u want (one from corrupted belt and one from bandits). And if u got 5, then u'll have 20% physical damage reduction from charges. So u can choose what u want 30% reduction from coil or 12-20% reduction + IC + dodge from daresso ;)
Last edited by ad1ce on Dec 3, 2014, 6:08:24 AM
Any thoughts on this build for 1.3?
"
kasqa wrote:
Any thoughts on this build for 1.3?

the tree was not changed. Maybe u can try to pick some nodes from duelist, and maybe u can use gem Physical To Lightning and don't use Three Dragon. U can equip rat nest or maybe starkonja :) I don't play at this league with this build, sorry.
Hey wanted to give some perspective on this build that I'm doing in bloodlines. Here is my current gear and passive tree at level 81:

Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4DHgW1BfkGIwguCIkVIBa_GY4fQSF2I_YmlSoLKjgqTSzpMHEwfDGeMgEylDWSNj051DpCOuE_J0p9SshLeE2STeNRR1HZVUtW-luvXWhh4mKsZ6BsjG1sbqpv8nBSd9d9dX8CfyuGzod2jDaNfY2_lQWa8Zsmnaqgn6GkotmmV6bgp9SpbrCSsNiyGbVItfK748EzxKLKqc96037UI9aK2L3ZxtwV3Q3dqOHb45_ndOjW6xTtg_Pq_MX-j_66_sj_kw==

I still want to upgrade my jewellery and belt to have better resists. I am not using the herald of ice, just have it in there to level.

Some notes about this build that I have found when playing and leveling.

1. The bow is a key part of this build, I bought the current one I'm using for 7 ex, however I was using this bow before it which served me very well and cost 12c:

I would say that before you can afford a nice high dps crit bow, buying an ok crit, high dps bow works fine.

2. Colors on gear can be a bitch, especially on the daresso's defiance. Getting 3 off colors on the chest takes an average of 832 chromes using Vorici's 1B recipe. I got EXTREMELY lucky only taking about 100 chromes. However I have found that PCoC is not super necessary for this build, getting power charges from assassins mark is where I get most of my charges from. So if you only can get 2 Blue on the chest then having curse on hit and assassins mark is preferred and fill the extra link with another dps gem. On no curse maps just switch in PCoC for one of the blue gems.

3. You will need a total of 108 INT and 115 STR for gems and Daresso's Defiance, which equates to 55 INT and 31 STR from gear. Jewelry is good for this.

4. Mana on jewellery is definitely nice to have, will help you keep a nice mana buffer in case you don't leech back very much in a few hits.

5. Seething flasks are necessary for this build to mitigate any burst damage hits you take.

Overall when you get a decent bow, this build really shines and is really fun to play. Let me know if you guys have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

EDIT: oh yea, and my bandit choices were OAK, OAK, and ALIRA. Having the fourth power charge is nice, however once I get more crit passives I'll probably drop it for the passives point.
Last edited by RandomConflict on Jan 2, 2015, 3:38:57 PM
Hey guys gotta ask why does this build not run grace in HC?

sorry im new to HC and thought you would have too :s
"
ktwilson wrote:
Hey guys gotta ask why does this build not run grace in HC?

sorry im new to HC and thought you would have too :s

You could run grace if you wanted to instead of hatred, however I don't think its necessary as your going to be killing stuff before it gets to you and this combined with your already good evade, spell/attack dodge passives and gear is more than enough I believe.
"

Some notes about this build that I have found when playing and leveling.
2. Colors on gear can be a bitch, especially on the daresso's defiance. Getting 3 off colors on the chest takes an average of 832 chromes using Vorici's 1B recipe. I got EXTREMELY lucky only taking about 100 chromes. However I have found that PCoC is not super necessary for this build, getting power charges from assassins mark is where I get most of my charges from. So if you only can get 2 Blue on the chest then having curse on hit and assassins mark is preferred and fill the extra link with another dps gem. On no curse maps just switch in PCoC for one of the blue gems.

I usually play in party so I need pcoc in that 5L. Because in party when somebody kill mobs - he steals my power charges :D Also I think it will be good to make a corrupted amulet with +1 curse and use as example enfeeble or vulnerability as 2nd curse instead of pcoc.

"

EDIT: oh yea, and my bandit choices were OAK, OAK, and ALIRA. Having the fourth power charge is nice, however once I get more crit passives I'll probably drop it for the passives point.

Cruel oak is good but higher attack speed also good ;)
I prefer to hit faster, cause when I hit more times at one second - I have higher chances to make a critical strike in this second.

As example I can hit 3 times with 1000 base dmg or 4 times with 750 dmg. But if I hit 4 times I have more chances to make a critical. Also dps at the tooltip may be the same, but at real we need to maximize critical strikes, cause our curse gives ~40% more damage* from critical strikes. And this value not included in tooltip dps value.

* - Increased Critical Damage: The listed extra critical strike damage is multiplicative with the portion of your critical damage multiplier that is over 100%. For example, if your critical strike multiplier is 150% and a monster is inflicted with level 1 Assassin's Mark, any successful critical strike will do 160% of normal damage.

so if we have 1000 damage and multipler 500% (100%+400%) we will deal with crit with curse 1000*500%*(400%*0.4)= 8000 dmg. Thats why I prefer higher attack speed ;D Critical hits - the best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info