SEASON 9, what happened?

+1
I was very excited about season 9 especially for new kind of races. I thought that race “who will be the first to kill Piety/Vaal” will be fantastic. I’ve imagine new higher level character without items but with opened portal to the boss. Player should first farm some items on lower level areas, add skillpoints and get the boos when he feels ready to do that. It could be cool new fresh race. And what we have? We have to play the whole game again and again for HOURS to kill the boss normal way. What is new in this?
Prizes – cool for 0,1% of people.
ing: Storm_Gaze
+1
Just back from trying a couple of other games.
Looky, new season .... *Shock & Horror* :
Shorter season + less, uninteresting low-score prizes = Not worth my time.
It's much better spent leveling my masters ^^

I get it, I'm not a target. :/
I recommend checking racing subforum to see ladderboards.

Most recent signature race attracted 1600 players.. pretty terrible result if you ask me.

Anyone can check population of other races in this and prevoius seasons. Maybe someone can even combine all csv from all races and plot it aomewhere for all to see. For me this season is a flop sadly..
I'm buying some of the overly priced MTX headpieces if they throw in Exiles Everywhere. That shit's a winner and i LOVED IT
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
sidtherat wrote:
Most recent signature race attracted 1600 players.. pretty terrible result if you ask me.

Less, if you don't count lvl 1 mules. Considering that many (semi)casual players will stop racing, when they reach their goal, in the end there will be 500 people competing.

I'm not sure how can GGG afford to design content for so few.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:

Talking about upcoming PvP changes? :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Talking about upcoming PvP changes? :)

I was under the impression that PvP is something that many want? Is it not?

I don't care about PvP one bit, so I dunno...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:

Yeah, it's something that many want but few will play :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Yeah, it's something that many want but few will play :)

I think the biggest problem is the promises GGG makes with no delivery. Like that status on your account that still says PvP tournaments coming soon, lol. Yeah, 1 year later is soon. how about their promise to stop hacks and fix desync, are there notes in every patch that i miss those fixes listed. And they say they were going to make races more casual player friendly, but frankly, that's not even the biggest problem for this season imho. This season shouldn't appeal to anyone; I can't think of one redeeming factor of this season, I haven't the slightest idea what their goal was with this season. I'm just completely baffled, I whipped off the top ten dislikes that started this post in about 10min. or so, which I think illustrates the fact that this season is a complete disaster.

If GGG was trying to get people to consider quitting the game altogether, they may have succeeded, because if I want to play an ARPG story line over and over with increased difficulty, I'm gonna go back to Dark Souls 2 or other similar ilk. Seasons were my main attraction here, and this season is beyond disappointing. Well, I'm definitely taking time off from the game, maybe they can peak my interest next season, otherwise forum following is the only involvement I'll have here.
Last edited by fates_eye on Oct 31, 2014, 1:33:21 AM
+1

this season has completely alienated me from racing - and seeing as i had a blast last season with the decent champions - this time - i will barely be doing any at all.

having fewer longer races does not work, we need more shorter time frame races to have a chance to compete.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info