Rewards are not a fun part of games?
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 26, 2014, 9:48:27 AM
"
Xendran wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
but races are about fun, not prizes.

Rewards are not a fun part of games?

I think ultimately, the races are not fun this season, at all. I for one have decided after one race to opt out of the whole season, I hope more people choose to do this and add a +1 to this thread. I doubt GGG will care if we opt out, but hopefully I'm wrong and GGG still actually cares about player feedback.
Some smartass people are claiming that the races are for fun not for the rewards.

Bullsh*t..

Who is having fun to start a new character from level 1 every fracking time and repeat this like 100+ times in a season?

It is and will always be about rewards...
I am a casual player and not a hardcore one.

Geez I am even afraid of hardcore. I don't want to spend too much time to finally die on a desync.

Despite all of this I thought: This season I will try a race ! Yeah ! At least try one. I played 30min in a Race to Kill piety then I was just bored to death when I realized how little point I will be awarded for an afternoon of racing.
I looked at the charts, rules and rewards... the events are too rare and far too long. Rewards are not really nice too.

Maybe I am not the target for those event. The only thing I can say is this one: If I am one of the intend targets for the race, it's a big big fail. I am sorry to say.
Last edited by Jobal on Oct 27, 2014, 5:45:50 AM
Its much faster and much more fun to grind the required currency then buy it on POE.Trade. No point racing for the ho-hum uniques. Has been like this for the past few seasons already. GGG has to look into this aspect of the meta.
I'm going to go against the flow and say I've been enjoying this season so far, quite a lot. I enjoy the vanilla races more than the RNG-fests of descent and descent champs because it's more about strategy and character planning than praying you get more blue packs than everyone else. It's not and excuse to not have at least a couple descent and descent champions races, but after a season which consisted almost entirely of them I don't miss them.

My only feedback that I don't like about this season is that the timed boss kill races have little incentive to hang around after the kill. 4 hours is a very generous time to kill piety in and the level rewards stop at 30, leaving myself and a lot of racers with nothing to do but log out for the remaining hour and a half or more.

EDIT:

"
Jobal wrote:

Maybe I am not the target for those event. The only thing I can say is this one: If I am one of the intend targets for the race, it's a big big fail. I am sorry to say.

You're not - GGG targeted the casuals last season and it got the all-time lowest race turnout.
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Oct 27, 2014, 6:06:27 AM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Jobal wrote:
Maybe I am not the target for those event

You're not - GGG targeted the casuals last season and it got the all-time lowest race turnout.

Does anyone have numbers? Like no of participants in seasons 1-9?

For me, races are about the prizes and I enjoyed grinding my way to a three dragon's mask in S8. But long races at awkward times for very mediocre items made me decide to skip S9. I enjoy farming maps in the 70s ways too much to spend time repeatedly creating low level chars and throwing them away after one game...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
You can check season ladderboards in forum posts in racing subsection.
It's just a time sink, it's not meant to be fun. It's the same reason why super uniques are as rare as they are, so you feel like your time investment has paid off, when if you don't get lucky it does. It's a way to "balance" people who spend little or a lot of time in the game. I feel like that's always been the mindset and that's why I have no interest in playing, until they incorporate fun things in the game.
Guide - How To Get Started in Path of Exile - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297390
My Feedback Analysis Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1270724
like everyone has been saying

longer races

boring race "events"

crappy rewards

usually this would reignite my stale feeling from the temp league but rampage was such a bore i quit early on it anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info