SEASON 9, what happened?

If this season is about FUN, then why did they leave out all the races people found FUN and left the very long races that so many already complained LONG RACES ARE BORING, they end up a "grind this area for 20-40minutes to win".

having a 2 HOURS long signature is quite...boring, 2hours is WAY TOO MUCH TIME TO BE RACING, people have been complaining about long 2+hour races since season 1...cmon... common sense, make more races instead so that everyone can enjoy them(different time-zones)...fucking simple no? PEOPLE WANT MORE RACES, AND TO START SOMEWHERE OTHER THEN a1n, i barely read that section of the forums and even I know this... GGG needs to start reading feedback again...and start playing races, like they use too...

And how hard can it be to start a1cruel... or anywhere as a mater of fact...just drop a chest with a few alch +white gear appropriate to starting level, ofc starting off will be hard, thats the damn point, FUN, starting the same difficulty, same beach, practically same mobs, gets boring fast, and it becomes about competition and winning prizes NOT about having fun, which is what it SHOULD be about.

Season 9 feels like something season 1 would have been...beta testing all over, read feedback its that simple.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I thought the point was to have fun. While I do admit this season lacks variety, especially the BLAMT kind. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the point system take length into account. It should, but races are about fun, not prizes.

Are they? I keep seeing this sentiment echoed on the forum and Reddit, but, why are folks making this determination for everyone?

They should be about both. Personally, without interesting rewards there is no incentive for me to race. Without interesting races, there's no motivation to shoot for the prizes. Fun factor and prizes are intertwined, and can't be separated.

This season, unfortunately, has neither. I was really looking forward to racing after a bit of a break, and I can't help but feel really let down. I feel like people whined and moaned enough about the top racers, maphacking, and multi-account nolifers that GGG took the nuclear option.

So now, getting 1000 points is a grueling task as it should have been (and was to begin with!). Cool, the handful of people who were able to exploit not having a job will have a harder time of it. But, what about the rest of us?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Oct 25, 2014, 8:51:44 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I thought the point was to have fun. While I do admit this season lacks variety, especially the BLAMT kind. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the point system take length into account. It should, but races are about fun, not prizes.

lets see..

these are called 'season events', there is a ladder, there are points, there are rewards for points (and few giveaways)

it looks like some kind of competition.. because doing the same sh.. 20 times in a row (starting act1normal doing the same build, running past the same zones and farming the same locations) is 'fun' for sure.

and about the prizes - i really would have preferred time and effort spent on alt art prizes moved to providing custom looks to uniques that are missing it since day 1.
If racing is about fun, then why replace fun races (like D:C) with long boring shit (5hrs Dominus run), that only nolifers (who are not racing for fun, but for rewards) will see the point in participating at??

Nothing makes sense in SE9.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

lets see..

these are called 'season events', there is a ladder, there are points, there are rewards for points (and few giveaways)

it looks like some kind of competition.. because doing the same sh.. 20 times in a row (starting act1normal doing the same build, running past the same zones and farming the same locations) is 'fun' for sure.

and about the prizes - i really would have preferred time and effort spent on alt art prizes moved to providing custom looks to uniques that are missing it since day 1.

There's a reason we've been seeing more jewelry in races. They don't require 3d art. As to the rest if your post, I covered that it my OP
Yep, I've decided to opt out of season 9. I have raced in the past for two reasons:

1) The race itself is fun.

There are only going to be a handful of fun races this season (IMO). The signature race is not fun (to me): too long, and not an interesting mechanic. The lengths of most races are too long. One hour is my usual limit for a throwaway character, I very rarely participated in longer races in the past.

2) The rewards are worthwhile.

The individual races' random rewards are low value, and since I'm not sufficiently competitive to get beyond about 200 points in the season, the season rewards aren't worth it either. I can much more easily get those rewards by actually playing the game and then buying them off racers.

If I had my preference, I would fix #2. Make it easier for a non-expert racer to get to interesting prizes. Boost the points for participating (reaching the minimum point threshold), and lower the points for winning. If you want an interesting race season, you really have to appeal to the people who are NOT going to win. This is why every non-pro sport has extensive rewards for participants (e.g. t-shirts and swag, the stuff everyone shows up for), and then something extra for the top 3 (the trophies). Your trophies are nice, but your swag this season is pathetic.

Just laughed when I saw list of races, points and items rewards. Not gonna try a single race, just a waste of time.
I think #1 should be "no more Decent Champions" and #2 should be length of events.

I only got the low-tier alternate-art prizes in previous seasons, so yeah probably don't play enough, not good enough, not super-hardware-PC-enough, or all of the above - to worry about the quality of the prizes.

as for PvP, I got sick of it when I tried a PvP event in one of the previous seasons. probably when it was first introduced.
running mostly-naked into Mud Flats, and getting ambushed at the Waypoint and insta-gibbed by a fully-geared level 10? actually running away from him into the next zone, only to find out he followed and killed me while I was at the loading screen?
not fun. not fair. not PvP. just in-game trolling to be honest.
maybe GGG did something about it in Season 8. I don't know. didn't bother trying.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 26, 2014, 1:54:37 AM
do what i do: dont play races.
So far, the times haven't worked out very well for me. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info