Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

Inspired by Merris' and Feyslade's posts, I have added a variation on my build that would rely on high evasion instead of self-cast Enduring Cry + Immortal Call. It is close to the end of my original post.

Hope you guys like it!
Thanks again Velvet for your quick response and good input!

I have been looking at the tree now for over two hours and my goal was to do this build starting as a ranger because of the sweet Evasion nodes and benefitting from the single 8% attackspeed node at the start instead of, like you suggested, still goin Scion and swapping out haste.

I ended up dropping some crit, but with great gear this shouldn't be an issue and some noed are still going to change I think. Anyway this is what I came up with:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKKXBi2DGYr7CfbaGo-btcM6ykpvnpykhxN3B4MJRnHhiB2qUUysR31bKk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-Crc-xq48LZf-fr3E9ift_EtsFocZrKpyqfcy6hgwVD0-3CM_m_jrFHEOPEKjJwuDtkGH-eiCxwx9EH_GnlnzwBpmnvrSFy9k51XWgKQksIbRNunjapBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiQSzFE2iAHflUzUPqxa_JpVh4lVLjDaYb5J95c_EFa_rJOH7RTOHHb4D7g==

I kept the "Potency of Will" nodes in there just because I love to run Rumi's and Vaal Haste / Grace

I'll be respeccing my ranger into this as soon as I get hold of a decent dagger to try it with. Let me know what you guys think!

I'll add you in-game as well Velvet. Let's make the ultimate, non-LL ST build guys!

/Merris
Last edited by Merris on Oct 28, 2014, 4:30:22 PM
"
Merris wrote:
Thanks again Velvet for your quick response and good input!

I have been looking at the tree now for over two hours and my goal was to do this build starting as a ranger because of the sweet Evasion nodes and benefitting from the single 8% attackspeed node at the start instead of, like you suggested, still goin Scion and swapping out haste.

I ended up dropping some crit, but with great gear this shouldn't be an issue and some noed are still going to change I think. Anyway this is what I came up with:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKKXBi2DGYr7CfbaGo-btcM6ykpvnpykhxN3B4MJRnHhiB2qUUysR31bKk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-Crc-xq48LZf-fr3E9ift_EtsFocZrKpyqfcy6hgwVD0-3CM_m_jrFHEOPEKjJwuDtkGH-eiCxwx9EH_GnlnzwBpmnvrSFy9k51XWgKQksIbRNunjapBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiQSzFE2iAHflUzUPqxa_JpVh4lVLjDaYb5J95c_EFa_rJOH7RTOHHb4D7g==

I kept the "Potency of Will" nodes in there just because I love to run Rumi's and Vaal Haste / Grace

I'll be respeccing my ranger into this as soon as I get hold of a decent dagger to try it with. Let me know what you guys think!

I'll add you in-game as well Velvet. Let's make the ultimate, non-LL ST build guys!

/Merris

Hey Merris! Thanks and I'm glad I could help. And I must say: at first glance the tree looks pretty sweet! You will end up with way more evasion and even more life. If you are careful with the gear choices (high EVA on all pieces) you will be pretty hard to hit.

Just one quick question: you needed the extra int to properly run the auras right? :D I ran into something similar but I pretty much solved all my stat requirements with my amulet.

Also, if you are looking for a decent and cheap dagger to start your build, I can help you out. Here's what I have for sale:

These were all daggers I used, in reverse order I think :D Let me know what you think.
Nice build, doing a similar build.

Here is my passive tree (lvl 89). I have tried a few different iterations (spent a stack of regrets), but feel like this one works best for me.
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ-vuKPqCx8aeEH8MfVNSRZ2a4PrSHRSPRqcIuJPjajbpZOcXL1XWgKRZ88AaZp6Yb5J95c935Vfi7DgaOKeEkFUyiRRNBLOiAIMJYENuPQOWOyhGceGIHaqbtcM6ykpvnhqP9tr7CRmKxKKXBi2D1CMFtRa_D6tTNWHiJpVVS4w2bWy1SHBSKgvz6jY9YqydqmyMtMV94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwbb5-wYj_rQ0C9v2RNwu0lR8NXwH4bRJLDlGbQ4-_WXl0V82t2cpIcTdwfC7A==

I don't use Enduring cry + immortal call as manual casts and instead have the traditional CWDT + EC + IC + ID. I feel the Acrobatics passive gives me a nice boost in survive ability though does limit you to mainly using evasion gear. Have about 12.5k dps right now. Still have to level up the aura's a bit and level my quality gems I use with ST.

You also gave me a good idea to use Blood magic and Clarity together. Currently, i'm using a low lvl Clarity w/o Blood Magic which is causing me to prioritize mana regen on my jewelry, which in turn is hurting my dps. Once I level up another reduced mana and Blood Magic gem for Clarity specifically I should be able to focus more on attack speed as mana shouldn't be as big of an issue as it is right now for me. Won't be fun to lose a few hundred hp, but I plan on investing the rest of my passives in life nodes to counter that.
"
Drippyskippy wrote:
Nice build, doing a similar build.

Here is my passive tree (lvl 89). I have tried a few different iterations (spent a stack of regrets), but feel like this one works best for me.
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ-vuKPqCx8aeEH8MfVNSRZ2a4PrSHRSPRqcIuJPjajbpZOcXL1XWgKRZ88AaZp6Yb5J95c935Vfi7DgaOKeEkFUyiRRNBLOiAIMJYENuPQOWOyhGceGIHaqbtcM6ykpvnhqP9tr7CRmKxKKXBi2D1CMFtRa_D6tTNWHiJpVVS4w2bWy1SHBSKgvz6jY9YqydqmyMtMV94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwbb5-wYj_rQ0C9v2RNwu0lR8NXwH4bRJLDlGbQ4-_WXl0V82t2cpIcTdwfC7A==

I don't use Enduring cry + immortal call as manual casts and instead have the traditional CWDT + EC + IC + ID. I feel the Acrobatics passive gives me a nice boost in survive ability though does limit you to mainly using evasion gear. Have about 12.5k dps right now. Still have to level up the aura's a bit and level my quality gems I use with ST.

You also gave me a good idea to use Blood magic and Clarity together. Currently, i'm using a low lvl Clarity w/o Blood Magic which is causing me to prioritize mana regen on my jewelry, which in turn is hurting my dps. Once I level up another reduced mana and Blood Magic gem for Clarity specifically I should be able to focus more on attack speed as mana shouldn't be as big of an issue as it is right now for me. Won't be fun to lose a few hundred hp, but I plan on investing the rest of my passives in life nodes to counter that.

Can I ask how much HP you have at the moment? This build looks a lot like what my plan was in the first days when 'Forsaken Masters' came out. I naturally wanted to go to the dagger clusters in the NE of the passive tree, but didn't find any path that satisfied me. Instead, I found the one-handed clusters more efficient and closer to great HP nodes (on top of going through STR instead of INT).

Also, I had the idea of using acrobatics, but dropped it. How come you didn't go all the way and grabbed phase acrobatics? You could use Atziri's Step then (cheap and give you what you need). ALSO if you have acrobatics you should use vaal grace. With the boots and the vaal skill you can have 75% physical and spell dodge for a few seconds, which is all you will need in most instances.
Last edited by SFXisMag1c on Oct 28, 2014, 6:09:40 PM
By the way is there anyone here with experience in recording/uploading game footage? I wanted to put some videos of how the build works and I have done some recordings, but failed to upload them properly. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:

Can I ask how much HP you have at the moment? This build looks a lot like what my plan was in the first days when 'Forsaken Masters' came out. I naturally wanted to go to the dagger clusters in the NE of the passive tree, but didn't find any path that satisfied me. Instead, I found the one-handed clusters more efficient and closer to great HP nodes (on top of going through STR instead of INT).

Also, I had the idea of using acrobatics, but dropped it. How come you didn't go all the way and grabbed phase acrobatics? You could use Atziri's Step then (cheap and give you what you need). ALSO if you have acrobatics you should use vaal grace. With the boots and the vaal skill you can have 75% physical and spell dodge for a few seconds, which is all you will need in most instances.

I have a little over 4k hp. Below are my main hp items.
Spoiler

I do have decent life on my boots, gloves and a couple pieces of jewelry. I'm personally not a huge fan of using a lot of unique items due to the lack of resists/life on them. Main reason why I haven't decided to get Maligaro's Virtuosity (though I usually only play self found/self crafted). Of course Alphas is pretty mandatory for the build so I can't get out of that one.

Phase Acrobatics is good, but I feel that if i'm going to be losing HP when I switch to using Blood Magic with Clarity that I will need to make up that with extra hp nodes. One of my goals before attempting Atziri with this build is having 4k hp.

Funny that you would mention Vaal Grace, because I started using it a little while back. I've been considering using Vaal Haste when I sort out my mana issues, but I would have to sacrifice Elemental Weakness (the 1 curse I use) to fit it in a gem slot.
I will just reply without quoting to make the post shorter, but this is for you Drippyskippy :D

Some things I noticed, mostly related to gem choice: your anger gem is not your alpha's. I hope it's just a mistake, but Anger and Wrath NEED TO be in your alphas. +2 on anger coupled with all the mechanics of the build can even mean 1k extra DPS. I use RRBG in my alpha's for Wrath-Anger-Haste-Reduced mana. In my tests it's been the most efficient. If you have problems getting 3 off colors use a Vorici service. It will cost you 100 chromes but it's worth it!

Other things: you use added cold damage. Pretty cool, it's a flat modifier which is great. But you don't have leech. In all truth, I consider the life leech gem the most laid back of defensive mechanics. While leveling up it was my primary defensive mechanic :D As long as I was hitting I was fine. And even in the later stages, it's a big factor. I know it takes a slot, but at least consider it.

Apart from that, it seems to me that you have very good reasoning and you are on the right path! Keep me updated!
What would you use for a 5L? All supports seem so necessary to me that I can't really decide which to drop:
-Life leech? It's what I've been trying on a lv75 scion that had a full reset pending. I was using a slightly different tree and had ~3.3k life with "meh" gear, I'd expect ~3.5k with a proper setup. It was a struggle to stay alive relying exclusively on flasks. As a matter of fact, after a day and a half of playing it's still at 75, died too often to get to 76. I am now starting a new scion sticking to the tree you posted, hoping I will have a better control over the development of the character, rather than just dumping ~90 skill points at once.

-PCOC? Means I'd depend on assassin's mark to get and maintain power charges. This would be tedious to say the least, and it will never be as effective as an actual PCOC, in any way.

-Crit mult? That's a big kick in the deeps. A crit build without crit mult gem doesn't sound right.

What do you think?
Hey again!

You are correct Velvet, I need the 30 int node to run Wrath which needs to be fixed but I mainly wanted to see the build in action for myself and threw some stuff together, borrowd gear from my Tornado Shot character and bought some regrets to complete the tree.

Thanks for offering the daggers but I'm on Rampage right now.
I've now later considered it to be more worthwhile skipping the skill duration nodes and getting Assassination, I mean the crit chance isn't bad at all even without it because the 1H talents in the Strenght area of the tree are pretty insane, but still.

Running a 5L lightning coil I borrowed from my other char and it does decent dps with this setup, definitely feels tanky enough, especially if I could boost the dps some more. Like you said earlier, nothing really gets to you, it just dies at range.

Still lacking WED on rings and such but the potential is definitely there! Just really hard to find on Rampage with the steep resistance requirements for L-Coil. This is what I'm using anyway:

Spoiler

I did Atziri earlier this evening with this setup as well. Just took out GMP for the single target phases, should've brought a Culling Strike to put in there but forgot to bring it. I managed to complete the run, but it wasn't completely smooth. I wouldn't recommend trying it out as a newcomer before you get to around 20k tooltip dps. The fight too quite a while and it can definitely be a problem if you don't know it really well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info