Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

@Candoerfer
I think that's exactly it with regard to the mana leech. But I just have to say that I'm just in love with GMP right now and I don't see how I could go back to LMP. I have 20k DPS any time and 24K DPS with 4 power charges and that suffices for what I want to do in maps.

@SuperSk8erboy
Thank you very much for your kind words my friend. It's always amazing to see other people have fun and achieve success with the build (notice how it's 'the' build rather than 'my' build, since so many people had such great contributions I can't call it mine anymore :D).
And in all honesty when in medium level maps (74-76) I rarely even cast the combo anymore. That happens because I tend to get lazy and the damage + aoe with GMP makes sure I rarely ever get hit. So my recommendation is to simply shoot. Sure you might have to use IC in some situations and don't be shy about it, but if your first instinct is to shoot, you're not so bad off :)

@Ark
About GMP/LMP: When I was fighting solo bosses I usually put FA instead of GMP. But since FA is a standard now, I guess I would put Additional Accuracy (+1k acc and a sweet 40% crit on 20Q). If you still opt for LMP I understand, but after this could really cover the acc problems anyone might have.

About Vaal Haste / Curse topic: in that extra slot you might consider putting vaal grace or vaal Immortal Call. I know it might sound stupid, but having a defensive boost once in a while is not bad. You can even save it for a boss and then you're in less trouble. Vaal IC is a pain in particular to charge up, but that's why I would use it only for bosses (I see people die in Crematorium or Academy maps all the time at the boss...)

About Belly: it's probably the best option overall. If I had a 6L one I would use it for sure!
I did consider added accuracy but I don't feel like levelling/buying one at the moment, but for bosses with no adds I'm sure it's a really good switch. I like VGrace too, I dropped VHaste on my totallynotOP-ranger-steamroller for it and it takes me to the 75% dodge cap with both acros and atziri's socks. In this build I think I'd go to 53/52 dodge, but I'm not sure about the duration (6s). I can't really spare the sockets for incr. duration either. Still a very interesting idea anyway, will probably try it at some point.

And a word about Vaal Pact. Wow. I tried a reflect map for suicidal fun and I survived. Map also had enfeeble though, which made it easier to flask when life dropped to dangerous levels. Not going to say reflect maps are a good/safe idea because they are not, but still a fun experience. Say you yoloalch a great map with massive IIQ and reflect as the only threat, I'd probably run it with surgeon topaz/ruby flasks.
@Ark
Yup, I did mean Added Accuracy for solo bosses only (swapping out LMP/GMP). And yeah, I tried acro + phase acro + step + Vaal Grace. It's fun until you get hit xD
And about elemental reflect maps... as you said, one has to be careful. In my case the leech just accounts for the damage I get back from reflect. If I take some massive damage in a burst from some other source (say a damn mob!) then I might be in trouble. Surgeon's topaz and ruby are a must, Rumi's also helps.

@Everyone here
Happy new year! I have a good feeling about this one and I hope it will turn out this way for all of us!
I was lucky enough to lay hands on this beauty:

Currenty my weaponmaster is still lvl 6.

1. Shall i w8 for weaponmaster lvl8, then add multiple mods and add crit chance and weapon elemental?

or

2. Can i add crit damage now and remove it later and proceed point 1 at weaponmaster lvl 8?

Help appreciated :)
Last edited by sultangurde on Jan 1, 2015, 8:46:25 AM
"
sultangurde wrote:
I was lucky enough to lay hands on this beauty:

Currenty my weaponmaster is still lvl 6.

1. Shall i w8 for weaponmaster lvl8, then add multiple mods and add crit chance and weapon elemental?

or

2. Can i add crit damage now and remove it later and proceed point 1 at weaponmaster lvl 8?

Help appreciated :)

Pretty good looking ambusher. Yeah I'd go with option 2 for now. You need Elreon at level 8 to add the multimod thing though, not Vagan. Whenever you do it you'll need to remove the crit first (Vagan, lv7) before it lets you add the multiple mods. So this is what you'll do:

>Craft crit chance (Vagan, 6?)
>Play like that. Level up Vagan to 7 and Elreon to 8 or find someone trustworthy to do it for you.
>Remove crit chance mod (Vagan, 7)
>Add Elreon's multimod (Elreon, 8)
>Add crit chance and WED (Vagan, <7)

One last thing though, keep in mind WED can roll all the way from 8 to 22. To reroll it your cheapest option will be to blow divine(s) on it. Just making sure you are aware of the dark side of WED crafting.

Also, happy new year exiles!
Thumbs up for help :)
Last edited by sultangurde on Jan 1, 2015, 10:19:24 AM
Got to Admit really good build i use it and its really awesome
@Sultangurde
I agree with Ark 100%. And as previously stated I have a lvl 8 Elreon. My Vagan is lvl 6 though. And just to avoid any confusion, I play on standard :D

@Ark
As always, great advice given. I don't know if I could have said it better.

@TonyCtrl
I am very glad you like it my friend! Happy hunting!
And a short update: I made it to 92 finally and while I was grinding maps a 'Death and Taxes' dropped.

I had never done it so I said I will try it after I reach 92 (I was a bit scared but my fears weren't justified really). Turns out it's not so punishing and very exciting :D I managed to not die at all and I think I wrapped things up pretty quickly. The cold aspect is somewhat of a pain, but the other two can be facetanked. If any of you haven't done it yet I recommend it at least for the fun of it (also 3 vendor trash uniques dropped... YES!).
Would a Geofri's Crest be an ok substitute until I can get an Alpha's Helm?
When does the build start to pick up?
I'm level 25 and having quite a bit of mana trouble and DPS trouble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info