Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

I am not invested in this build, so posting DPS numbers would be meaningless (no WED on gear etc.). For me this is more a temporary build until I can make the transition into ll (or maybe CI).
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Quick question. Why You bother to grab health% node with 2% life leech from physical?
As far as i noticed, damage comes from elements not physical.

Also would be nice to know which gems are worth corrupting in this build.
Last edited by sultangurde on Dec 28, 2014, 3:00:07 PM
@Candoerfer

Point taken. I think my build is a good stepping stone towards LL, if you so desire. I find it a bit superfluous though.

@Sultangurde
Sure, the damage is almost entirely elemental but that is not the point. I do not take the cluster for the 2% physical leech, but for the efficient HP. Think like this: it's 3 points for 6+6+8 = 20% increased life, while the average life/point on the tree is 5%. Clear now?

And if you wish to go deeper into the analysis here it goes: the true question is not if it's worth to invest 3 points into the 20% life (that's pretty obvious). Rather ask if it is worth it to invest 7 points into: 20% life, 32% accuracy, 40% crit and 30 DEX. I think like this because there is a ramification from the path in the tree I would take anyway (in other words I go away from the 'skeleton' of the tree in order to grab the 'Blood Drinker' and 'Depth Perception' clusters). And the answer in my case is still yes, since I make use of everything including the 30 DEX.

Hope this answered your question :)
If you knew my currency earning rate, you would not question my need for a "stepping stone" :) This does not mean in any way that life ST is casual or inferior to ll (tbh I am actually kind of concerned wether ll ST became too rippy wihtout mirrored gear after recent nerfs, but this is a different topic). Playing melee for the last 2 expansions, I was looking for an ST build with a low gear entrance barrier that performs on a compareable level to ll ST and I think you did a very good job on achieving this with your build.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
If you knew my currency earning rate, you would not question my need for a "stepping stone" :) This does not mean in any way that life ST is casual or inferior to ll (tbh I am actually kind of concerned wether ll ST became too rippy wihtout mirrored gear after recent nerfs, but this is a different topic). Playing melee for the last 2 expansions, I was looking for an ST build with a low gear entrance barrier that performs on a compareable level to ll ST and I think you did a very good job on achieving this with your build.

Wow that seems like a very accurate view of things as they are at the moment. I have to accept the fact that LL ST (mana or BM whatever) is without a doubt a much stronger option, but the investment into such a build is proportional to the performance. Also, I am very skeptical about the results that some people obtain with less than perfect gear. It's not very clear to me.

Another things is this: my build has an upper limit for gear, meaning that after a certain threshold it is not worth it to invest in gear improvements (ex: jumping from 5 ex dagger to 40 ex dagger implied a 3k DPS boost). Nevertheless, with minimal effort you can get a char going and capable of jumping most hurdles (any map and Atziri no doubt. Uber Atziri?... I don't know :D).

The conclusion for me is this: there are many options for ST builds and usually the deciding factor is the budget. Sure there is some room for variation within the same ranges (ex: phys crit ST and ele buzzsaw used to be in the same range of price and performance), although in my mind there are some clear winners. Nevertheless, there should be an option for everyone. I feel that my build has a very nice price/result ratio but maybe it's just for me. And even though 1.3 brought some obvious nerfs, the build feels stronger than ever. Oh well...
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:

@Sultangurde
Sure, the damage is almost entirely elemental but that is not the point. I do not take the cluster for the 2% physical leech, but for the efficient HP. Think like this: it's 3 points for 6+6+8 = 20% increased life, while the average life/point on the tree is 5%. Clear now?

And if you wish to go deeper into the analysis here it goes: the true question is not if it's worth to invest 3 points into the 20% life (that's pretty obvious). Rather ask if it is worth it to invest 7 points into: 20% life, 32% accuracy, 40% crit and 30 DEX. I think like this because there is a ramification from the path in the tree I would take anyway (in other words I go away from the 'skeleton' of the tree in order to grab the 'Blood Drinker' and 'Depth Perception' clusters). And the answer in my case is still yes, since I make use of everything including the 30 DEX.

Hope this answered your question :)

Thanks of explanation. I like the build very much. Even modified it a bit for my playstyle:

1. I got assasin mark curse alone for manual cast. I play with a friend so i use Power Charge on Crit, because it is hard to generate power charges the way You described in guide. He steals the kills using Tornado "Shotgun".
2. I use CWDT + Enfeeble + Increased Duration + Immortal Call. In hard situations i simple use Enduring Cry+Spell Echo+Faster Casting myself. Immunity lasts 3-4 sec, but it is easier to play for me.
Last edited by sultangurde on Dec 29, 2014, 4:42:35 AM
@Sultangurde

I am very glad you like my build. And even happier that you found a way to adapt it to your play style. The modifications you made make perfect sense in your case.

Also, I would have to ask if something like elemental weakness is not more efficient for self-casting if you're already using PCoC? I guess it depends on the gear. It's just an idea though :)
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
@Sultangurde

I am very glad you like my build. And even happier that you found a way to adapt it to your play style. The modifications you made make perfect sense in your case.

Also, I would have to ask if something like elemental weakness is not more efficient for self-casting if you're already using PCoC? I guess it depends on the gear. It's just an idea though :)

Oh, actually i might have quality Elemental Weakness in my stash so i can swap curses a bit and test. Still got only 65% crit chance with 5 power charges up, but that elemental weakness can be pretty good vs resistant mobs.
Last edited by sultangurde on Dec 29, 2014, 5:19:08 AM
I AM GETTING AROUND 9K DPS ON SPECTRAL THROW ? DOES THAT SOUND ABOUT RIGHT?
"
King_Fed0 wrote:
I AM GETTING AROUND 9K DPS ON SPECTRAL THROW ? DOES THAT SOUND ABOUT RIGHT?

Well it depends on your level and gear. But at high levels and decent gear that is way too low. Can you please post your skill tree and link your gear so that maybe we can figure out where the problem lies?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info