10 year WoW player

Why so much hate as soon as it is about Blizzard, and more specifically WoW ?

I think I can relate to the OP, I've played 6 years of WoW in one of the top 5 French guilds, but WoW is now a poor shadow of what it was originally and during the first 2 expansions. The Burning Crusade was simply an EPIC piece of a game, especially if you were part of a guild which battled to clear the entire content. It was no less hardcore than PoE can sometimes be.

I could never feel so much enjoyment again playing games since then.

PoE is nice, I've played since beta, but there are a couple of everlasting issues that will always prevent it from being the huge hit it should be.
WoW is still by far the best theme park MMO out there. Prove me wrong.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
tienbasse wrote:
The Burning Crusade was simply an EPIC piece of a game, especially if you were part of a guild which battled to clear the entire content. It was no less hardcore than PoE can sometimes be.

Oh God... I was in a major raiding guild in Vanilla (I had 7/8 Tier2 and working through Tier3 content just at end of Vanilla) - I was on a PVP server... and fuck... some of our raid nights we raided just to get into the fucking raid instances hahaha - total blast! But soooo hard some nights. I wouldn't change things - it was the right time in my life with no wife/children - and I had time to burn - I just wouldn't be able to do it now... but MAN was it good times. The screaming and yelling on vent - calling out targets - feeling the tide shift in these EPIC 4-6 x40 man raid battles outside the instances - not leaving a single person out... making sure everyone got to join in the raid... lol

ah the nostalgy reading you :) good old day :)
"
Goguser wrote:
[Removed by Support] then yeh its "the best" put smileface here

I have played a bunch of other MMO's after my time in WoW, like Wildstar / GW2 / Rift / Star Wars, probably more that I don't even remember.

None come close to WoW.

So yeah I will be playing the coming expansion, bite me :D!
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 23, 2014, 9:00:10 AM
No wonder if u played such dumpster, put another smileface here.
WoW is same crap level as diablo3, pull conclusions.
Last edited by Goguser on Oct 23, 2014, 7:22:07 AM
People love to hate things. It's part of our nature. It's why we see beheadings and bomb craters on TV. The amount of things we love usually pale in comparison to the amount of things we hate. That carries over into everything, even games.
"
Ferumbras wrote:

I have played a bunch of other MMO's after my time in WoW, like Wildstar / GW2 / Rift / Star Wars, probably more that I don't even remember.

None come close to WoW.

So yeah I will be playing the coming expansion, bite me :D!

Sad thing is that all new MMOs are plain bullcrap. WoW was a great game from day one until that panda shit expansion. Maybe panda's are a sign of MMOs becoming bad because I remember there was a panda expansion in UO too. I left both games before that panda shit hit the servers but I never found another MMO like UO or WoW again.
On the other hand POE is no MMO so I don't get the whole point of this thread. To compare POE and WoW is like comparing a banana and a teapot.
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
DAE le hate mainstreem gamez like WoW

PoE is hip and not mainstreem
anything is everything
Gz?
Hehhehe
"
FadeXF wrote:

UO was so epic - I would still be playing that game if not for Trammel. The week after they Trammelized was the time I permanently quit. =(

UO was my first real game love.

UO is still unmatched in so many aspects (I only say crafting) it is a shame what is has become. I quitted after they brought "item insurance" to the game. No loot for my pk my thief or my noto anymore.
UO wasn't my first real game love (first game that I felt in love with was Bard's Tale) but it was and will always be my biggest game love.

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info