10 year WoW player

"
FadeXF wrote:
"
tienbasse wrote:
The Burning Crusade was simply an EPIC piece of a game, especially if you were part of a guild which battled to clear the entire content. It was no less hardcore than PoE can sometimes be.

Oh God... I was in a major raiding guild in Vanilla (I had 7/8 Tier2 and working through Tier3 content just at end of Vanilla) - I was on a PVP server... and fuck... some of our raid nights we raided just to get into the fucking raid instances hahaha - total blast! But soooo hard some nights. I wouldn't change things - it was the right time in my life with no wife/children - and I had time to burn - I just wouldn't be able to do it now... but MAN was it good times. The screaming and yelling on vent - calling out targets - feeling the tide shift in these EPIC 4-6 x40 man raid battles outside the instances - not leaving a single person out... making sure everyone got to join in the raid... lol

Blizzard made the game, we the players made it enjoyable. The gamer generation that made games like diablo, warcraft, and others, got older and became responsible members of society. With the direction the new generation of gamers are going, there may never be another blockbuster franchise like blizzard.

The kids now are loaded with hundreds of thousands of new game choices across a dozen or more platforms. With numbers like that the odds are near zero that players can group together on a scale that blizzard did back in the day. And that's a shame. Because a large portion of us that play poe today came from the birth of online games. They didn't set moderation rules, they let us feel our way through how to get along with each other.

The beginning generation of gamers were created because we weren't athletes, popular kids, or bullies. We found solace in our acquaintances who were outcasts and banded together to form online communities that enjoyed the development of online worlds where we weren't joe nobody, we could be mister bad ass in pixel form.

But the times changed. Now you kids have me feeling old. Get off my lawn before i get the garden hose.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Responsible members of society? You don't know these guys well. Google "Poxy Boggards" on youtube. There's your "responsible".
As unreal as it may sound in here, you can actually be hyped for both Warlords of Draenor and PoE Act IV. How amazing is this ?! And btw, PoE is not a "niche" game anymore.
IGN : @Morgoth
Everquest <3
Im redy

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
haha ^^ , the games bad. O.o
GGG - Why you no?
I had no idea I would cause any anguish by making this thread.

I am happy with my small group of 20 guildies or so. There is no drama besides the occasional one of us accidently 6linking some item. Which is always a cause of celebration.

No one shit talks each other and I'm really looking forward to whatever GGG puts forth.

I will play my wod expac from blizz of course...won't play that d3 of course ...thats complete crap.

WOW ??? pffft EVE ftw :) and before then SW: Galaxies, before soe cocked it up. still remember krayt dragon hunting on tat :) ahh memories
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(
GGG employee helps thread to be move to OT. Come on Russell! Thought you liked us!
I played WoW for a number of years and enjoyed it on some level, mostly because it was a online game that I could play with my wife.

I was best at collecting hobgoblin ears and fishing.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info